Mahindra Great Escape (Kottayam) Experience

Thread Starter #16
Re: Mahindra Great Escape - Kottayam

Due to heavy rain we were unable to take pictures for the second level of difficulty for championship event. This level was like you had to drive up to a steep incline. You will be given 3 attempts. Most of the jeeps finished this without any issues. They tried hard though.

Take a look at some of the rough terrain we went through.

Attachments

Thanks for sharing such wonderful pics and your experiences.
Can i ask typically in a offroad trail or event like like, what are the different kinds of obstacles designed ?

lovely pics madmax but we have the idea of taking part but it comes to tamilnadu in ooty at june 2013 and other problem is that we dont have any offroading vehicles

Thread Starter #19

Thanks for sharing such wonderful pics and your experiences.
Can i ask typically in a offroad trail or event like like, what are the different kinds of obstacles designed ?
As far as this Great Escape is concerned, obstacles were not designed. It was all natural trails. The first few vehicles goes through these trails and makes the path more slushy and then it gets difficult for the trailing vehicles to pass through.

I am not sure about other Great Escapes, how the trails will be.

That should be a adventures experience with awesome climate :)

Wating for more pics buddy.

Thread Starter #23

Only a few Jeeps dared to go there, and ours was one of them. This was not included in the trail, but followed by the jeepers, mostly experienced ones. But we dared to go there. The only knowledge about hill ascend and descend was the one given by my dad a very long ago.

He told me that while going on these kinds of trails you must use the lowest gear for both ascending and descending. You must not depress clutch and apply breaks at any point in time. So while climbing up the hill I used 1st Gear and 4L, while descending also we used the same Gear positions. The Thar slowly climbed up on its own without any strain. While coming down we did not apply breaks, the jeep came down on its own pace, very slowly & carefully.

Pictures!!

Attachments

Thread Starter #24

We trying to find a safe way to go up! We did not abuse the vehicle as other jeepers did to their own vehicle. We were very careful.

Attachments

Thread Starter #27

That is the point where all the other jeeps went as part of the trail. We all spend some nice time over there and started going back.

On the way was the next difficulty level for the championship event, sorry guyz, could not take pictures as it was heavily raining and there were leaches everywhere. We were not prepared for that.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28

We reached back at starting point, which was a resort called Trisanku Heaven. We were so tired that we decided to spend the night there and start the next day.

The winners were selected based on only the driving skills. There were guys who had could finish with heavily modified jeeps. But that was not taken into account. It was a tough challenge for the judges to reach in a decision. But there has to be a winner and they selected Mr Sibi Paul from Coorg and another fellow from Kottayam, I dont remember his name. The below picture is the jeep driven by Sibi Paul.

Attachments

Thread Starter #29

Two other competetors were given wild card entries for their outstanding performance and skills. This one is one of them. Man this jeep goes anywhere, you should have seen it to believe it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom