Mahindra First Choice Fraud?

@amit- There is a catch here. Yes, outside sale value of the vehicle is more when compared to these dealers but you will also get an exchange bonus which will sum up to the same amount what you get from outside.
This is the best option only if your buying the same maker. I mean, If you want to buy SX4, its a good option to less it to true value.due to exchange bonus.
Hi Krish

All used car dealers are nothing by a bunch of cheats waiting for a BAKRA [;)] .
I tell you my story , i had a 2005 Santro Xing (XO) Model . I had rarely run it for around 15 K kms on the odo . When i went to sale such a well maintained vehicle (in around 2010 Nov ) the price quoted to my by all the dealers (including Maruti True value ) was around 1.85 Lakh including exchange bonus .
I did my research of market and finaly sold it to a gentelman for much more than that .

I had bought a used Hyundai i20, 2009 model car from Drs. Car Company, Pitampura, New Delhi (A dealer under license of Mahindra First choice).
They told me that the car had run something around 39000 kms. The odometer in the car was also reflecting the same number. They also claimed that it was certified by Mahindra First Choice and the car had gone through 118 point inspection to ensure that it was damage free.
During the initial days of my driving this car, the AC stopped working and I found some issues with clutch. When I called them, they told me that there warranty was on the engine only and they wont entertain any issues with cluth or AC. Then later I found none of the tyres of the car were tubeless. However a normal i20 has all tyres tubeless.
Recently, I took my car to Hyundai Service Center. During driving to the service center the clutch totally got jammed. I had to toe my car to the service center. The Hyundai personnel checked the car history in their portal and to my horror, they informed me that before I purchased the car, it had run more than 64,000 kms and gone through three accidental repairs. Then only I realized that the dealer had hidden me about the accidental past of the car and tempered with the car mileage fraudulently. Then, I had to get my car fully serviced, I got the battery and clutch cylinder replaced. My total expenditure was Rs. 23000/-. I didn’t get the AC repaired as the Hyundai people told me that it might cost another Rs.25000/-. Now I am driving my car without AC.
The bottom line is that,
1. The Drs Car Company (Mahindra First Choice) is a big fraud. They temper with mileage and hide the real issues of the car.
2. In the name of 118 point inspection they do nothing. Otherwise, they must have identified the problem with the clutch, AC and none-tubeless tyre.
3. Don’t by any used car from Mahindra First Choice and particularly from this dealer Drs Car Company, Pitampura.
4. If by any means you are tempted to buy a used car then first get it all information about the car from the company service centre itself. All you need to have the RC number of the car to get all the car history from the company.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Recently, I took my car to Hyundai Service Center. The Hyundai personnel checked the car history in their portal and to my horror, they informed me that before I purchased the car, it had run more than 64,000 kms and gone through three accidental repairs. Then only I realized that the dealer had hidden me about the accidental past of the car and tempered with the car mileage fraudulently.
That's very bad on Mahindra's part I would say to associate themselves with such fraud/misleading dealers. Also, it is always better to deal with seller directly. These kind of used car dealers are there to make money only. They never disclose true credentials of a used car because if they speak the truth then they'll end with piled up inventory. I would say even e-portals are a safer bet than these type of thieves. I am sure, there is official page of Mahindra First choice on FB, share it there too and send an email to higher up in M&M on this.

Regards

Akash

That's very bad on Mahindra's part I would say to associate themselves with such fraud/misleading dealers. Also, it is always better to deal with seller directly. These kind of used car dealers are there to make money only. They never disclose true credentials of a used car because if they speak the truth then they'll end with piled up inventory. I would say even e-portals are a safer bet than these type of thieves. I am sure, there is official page of Mahindra First choice on FB, share it there too and send an email to higher up in M&M on this.

Regards

Akash

I will definitely raise this issue to the highest level I can. I m not hopeful of any support from Mahindra though. However, if my effort will save some innocent people from getting trapped by these frauds, then its worth the time and effort.

Top Bottom