Mahindra First Choice Fraud?

Thread Starter #1
Mahindra First Choice dealers are selling faulty vehicles at high prices.We paid an advance for a 2008 Fiat Palio Stile MJD(AP10AQ4081) at Anuroop Auto Begumpet,Hyderabad on the behalf of Amith Raj.But,we found out from the Tata-Fiat Service Center that the Car's odometer had been reset from 1.47L Km to 68K Km.The vehicle had the major engine overhaul and accidents too.We were told at the time of booking that the meter reading was genuine and there were no accidents.Now,they are not responding properly.We demand full refund of our booking amount.

MFC dealers seems to be too useless[frustration].Better avoid MFC and go for individual sellers only.

The Details of the Car is out from Registration Search from aptransport.org.

Car-Fiat Palio Stile
Model-SD
Color-I Black
Financier-HDFC Bank
Fuel-Diesel
Model-2008

The previous owner's name was Shashikanth Parupalli.

According to MFC website,the kilometers were 68168 Km and willing to sell for 2.8L.

Last edited:
This is really bad. I mean people go with some trust factor in while buying a car from such dealers that the product would be safe and hassle free.

My brother is considering a Polo base model diesel from MFC. They are asking 5.20 lacs for May 2011, 22k kms driven car in Delhi. What do you guys suggest, should I ask him to drop the idea or let him continue his pursuit ? How about asking rate, isn't it on a higher side ? What should be the quote from or side ?

Thanks

First choice is not part of Mahindra. they were just a seconds dealer using Mahindra's name.
Also, Mahindra has stopped any exchange bonus if you exchange it with First choice.
I knew this because few months back, when i was exchanging my Boler to my new Scorpio, I was informed about this fraud behavior from M&M itself. Currently, M&M is associated to VST (seconds delar). Very sorry to here this Music. You should have checked in this forum before purchase.
Hope they give you refund (I doubt)

deville_56

Honoured Member
They are daytime robbers. Had very bad experience once and had a narrow escape second time.

According to them every car there is accident free and with full service history. But none of them have service book in them.Almost every car had some damage, bigger the damage>>reluctant they are in denting them. They do only touchup jobs and for better denting we have to pay from pocket.

You buy a car from them, try selling it back to them, they will quite exactly half the price you bought. They will justify all blahblahs.

You sell a petrol car, they say petrol car, no movement, price hike. You sell a diesel car, they say diesel, maintenance cost, this gone, that gone.

You buy petrol car. Sir you will get 50kmpl. No maintenance, latest model, top-end.
You buy diesel car. Single owner, sir. You change tyre only it will run new for 100 years.

They promised free 24x7 assist. Called for one battery dead incident. They outright rejected the request. They promised to repair whatever defect it had during delivery. When time cam, they washed off saying only labor is free, parts price we have to pay. One power window was not working and brake light was broken. Shelled almost 5k for that, which was supposed to be borne by them. Bought the car for 1.3L from them, right after 6 months they quoted 53k. Battery died soon. Insurance expired in a month. Morons.

Now they offering 10k extra discount saying previous customer bonus, provided the car price is already up by at least 40k from market price.

Thread Starter #7
Yesterday evening,same dealer called me for a Used Car.When I asked a lady about Honda Accord,she said that we had a 2007 version 89K Km run 3L V6 AT in Black Color and asking price is 6.5L.And,about Corolla,she said that one 61K Km run,2006 version and asking price is 4L.

I said,I m not interested with those high run vehicles.

But,Palio Stile was owned by another customer and not my friend or relative.

This is really bad. I mean people go with some trust factor in while buying a car from such dealers that the product would be safe and hassle free.

My brother is considering a Polo base model diesel from MFC. They are asking 5.20 lacs for May 2011, 22k kms driven car in Delhi. What do you guys suggest, should I ask him to drop the idea or let him continue his pursuit ? How about asking rate, isn't it on a higher side ? What should be the quote from or side ?

Thanks
Considering the number of incidents with TAI members. I would surely suggest you to tell him to hold on. Who knows whether it has undergone a serious accident! Do a PDI too.
And I would suggest to buy the car from some individual owner so that he can even bargain too.!

These guys are big time cheater. Stay away from them if you are not sure about the value of the car. They will suck you,if that thing they find.

It is not about Mahindra,Maruti,Hyundai. All are in same league. Even your neighborhood car sell shop also. They will be never be fairer to you.

Even if you bring factory fresh car to them, they are so capable that, they will find n number of defect in that car.
Same you way give them a total loss declared car, they will convince you that, this car has the capability to do Himalayan Rally without a single glitch.

Do your math and inquiry in the market, then decide the price of the car.
I am narrating my story.

These guys used to quote very less price for exchange also. I tried selling my M-800 AC 2003 model through Maruti True value. The value quote to me was 85 K. After a lot of stretching they were finally ready to pay 87K and after that they were in such a hurry to take possession of car,it made me rethink about it.

I then posted my car ad in portal like OLXY,my office portal etc. I got good amount of inquiry and car got sold within 1day for 1.15 lacs.

I was just thanking my star for saving me almost 20K from them.

@amit- There is a catch here. Yes, outside sale value of the vehicle is more when compared to these dealers but you will also get an exchange bonus which will sum up to the same amount what you get from outside.
This is the best option only if your buying the same maker. I mean, If you want to buy SX4, its a good option to less it to true value.due to exchange bonus.

@amit- There is a catch here. Yes, outside sale value of the vehicle is more when compared to these dealers but you will also get an exchange bonus which will sum up to the same amount what you get from outside.
This is the best option only if your buying the same maker. I mean, If you want to buy SX4, its a good option to less it to true value.due to exchange bonus.

Yes Krish,I agree with you but partially.
When tried to do same for Swift-D, they blandly told that, no exchange bonus for this.
Depending upon the car selection the exchange bonus will vary. If you are selecting a fast moving car, then expect the bonus to be minimal.If we will take the case of Maruti, SX4 are not sold like Swift or Alto. For alto they may offer 10K exchange bonus and for Ritz they may offer little more bonus.Like this way it will keep rising.

These exchnage bonus are just marketing gimmick, they will not pay a single rupee extra in the name bonus. Like in the mall etc you might have seen, Discount sell up to 50% but in small and fine letter "*Condition apply).
Whatever you select, you will find that there will be no discount on that because "sir these are latest, so no discount".

Top Bottom