Mahindra Developing Compact SUV To Take On Ecosport

Re: SCOOP! Mahindra developing new compact SUV

I guess, with the delays in launchin of eco sport, what if this new S101 is launched before Ecosport, then we all would be calling eco sport as the competitor to S101.
As the article quoted that this model is in the early testing phase, which mean's that it could easily take 3 years minimum to hit the showroom's.

I wonder on what platform this model is based on ?

Think the Quanto is an immediate competitor for the ecosport(add duster too), but another SUV smaller than Quanto?? I do not like this idea.

Hi,

Idea of sub 4m SUV has been floating around for quite some time as it attracts less duty. But for 4lakhs will one get a mini SUV with 1.5litre diesel? I think that's a bit ambitious.

Regards,
Sankar

Predictions and speculations all around [lol]

• Mahindra XUV300
  • ARAI certified mileage of as much as 23 kmpl
  • smaller version of the XUVs audio-visual-navigation package, auto climate control, steering mounted buttons for infotainment system and safety features like ABS, EBD, 4 airbags and ESP
  • second monocoque with transverse layout from Mahindra & Mahindra
Mahindra S101 launch date, specs, engine, pics,

This makes a very good proposition.Could make it tough for both ES and even Duster.

well I think if it is indeed the Mini XUV then the price will definitely be more than 4 lakh.

I think the price range will be around 7-8 for the base variant to keep it different from the Quanto.

well I think if it is indeed the Mini XUV then the price will definitely be more than 4 lakh.

I think the price range will be around 7-8 for the base variant to keep it different from the Quanto.
M&M already have a sub 4m car in Quanto, then why should they develop a mini SUV which will be priced along side Quanto? Ecosport i think will be priced in 8-12lakh SUV category.

Regards,
Sankar

M&M already have a sub 4m car in Quanto, then why should they develop a mini SUV which will be priced along side Quanto? Ecosport i think will be priced in 8-12lakh SUV category.

Regards,
Sankar
ES is not SUV, nor is Quanto. [embarass]
And for 12L for ES, it is already dead then.

Hi Raja,

How much is the anticipated price for ES. Speculation is 6-8lakhs[confused]

At 8lakhs OTR for diesel variant it sure will be a steal.

Regards,
Sankar
Brother I have no idea about the pricing but I feel it will be priced nicely compared relatively to duster .

Top Bottom