Mahindra Dealers Charging more than Official Price on Website

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I want to ask is price can be differ from Mahindra Officical website and Dealers price chart.

whole story is below

I am planning to buy the Scorpio LX from an Year back.

Now with recent schemes and discount due to low selling of Mahindra i went to showroom (G3- Surat, Gujarat).

They Offered me schemes for July Month
Consumer Offer - 20000 /-
Corporate Discount - 6000 /-
Exchange Bonus - 10000 /-

Nearly 36000 /- of discount on Ex Showroom price i.e. 858000 /-

I asked for more discount saying that in future scorpio will come with low ground clearance hence 3% of price cut. I asked them to offer me 50000/- but they denied

So i decide to buy the car from Maharastra as its already 3% cheaper than Gujarat Price.

After talking to few dealers (NBS & Global Gallarie) they quoted same above discount.
But their Ex showroom price was 835730 /- (without any Handling charges & Essential accessories) where as on Mahindra Scorpio offical site the price for Scorpio LX at Thane is 822279 /- .
Its 13000 /- of difference asking them why the figure is higher than offical website they said on 9th July Mahindra has increased the price and may be Mahindra has not updated on website.

I called to Customer care and they said there is no price change and Thane price are same 822279 /- and they will forward the issue to said dealers

As far i know whenever mahindra rise the price, they approach media or press report.

I write a email to NBS sales executive with screenshot of official website price and even Customer care also denied of price change
Sales Guy is a Mahindra Employee he send me the email as a written evidence and his id ends with @mahindra.com
He ensure me that he is authorize person from Mahindra Company and the price are 835730 /-

I write all this issues to few Mahindra Officials and Customer care
But no reply from them even no acknowledge from Customer care.

I have no idea to whom should i confirm that dealers price are officaly Mahindra EX showroom.

Is any one can help me out from this.
I can wait for price cut of 3% due to Ground Clearance.

Last edited:
I have heard of dealer cheating customers by charging for "handling charges", charging extra for registration, insurance and on most cases by charging hefty amounts for cheap accessories. This is a totally new one for me. As far as i know in your case you need to act slowly and carefully. Don't purchase the vehicle until your sure of the ex-showroom price. I don't know about others but for me 13000 is a really hefty sum and i won't pay a penny more than ex-showroom price.

First check with Mahindra Customer Care. Since you have already done this, do try again until then respond. Try to contact their senior management through email. Also post in their FB page to get media attention.

But in my state Kerala ex-showroom price is much higher than the price you have quoted.

Ex-showroom price for LS variant:-

4WD BS4 1003586
BS3 860888
BS4 869990

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited by a moderator:
Post it on their FB page. This will surely catch their attention quickly.
And also mention on FB that you have already put mail to MnM and there is no response to it. If possible paste the entire mail their.

FB Rocks.... [:D][glasses]

Thread Starter #4
Try to contact their senior management through email. Also post in their FB page to get media attention.

Sankar
^^ Do you have any email id of Senior Officials of Mahindra

Price are differ from every state and Maharashtra is only cheaper due to their production are in Maharashtra

@ Sanuj

Since the above said place is navi mumbai they have to pay the new tax called LBT.I don't think Thane yet has LBT. I would suggest you try a dealer with in Mumbai limit as in Mumbai LBT hasn't commenced yet.

@ Sanuj

Since the above said place is navi mumbai they have to pay the new tax called LBT.I don't think Thane yet has LBT. I would suggest you try a dealer with in Mumbai limit as in Mumbai LBT hasn't commenced yet.
that would depends on the address for registration.
also thane has lower tax structure than mumbai.

Nope LBT is the price dealer has to pay. It is not a tax that needs to be paid by the buyer. Since the dealer has to pay it, they pass it on to the buyer as a sign of goodwill [lol]

Correct but these days you have to pay octroi in Thane also. Since the address is outside maharashtra and i think in Thane LBT isnt implemented hence the prices are low.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Just Call from Mahindra Customer Care they said price given by dealer are correct. Price on official website will be update soon.

Now other thing he said that if you buy the car from any Mumbai or Maharastra you won't able to registered your car outside Mumbai or Maharastra

If you trying to get registered in Gujarat thats not possible.

You have to buy the Car as a registered from Showroom.

Now if its so like that i can not think to buy the car from Thane or Mumbai.
[frustration]

Just Call from Mahindra Customer Care they said price given by dealer are correct. Price on official website will be update soon.

Now other thing he said that if you buy the car from any Mumbai or Maharastra you won't able to registered your car outside Mumbai or Maharastra

You have to buy the Car as a registered from Showroom.

Now if its so like that i can not think to buy the car from Thane or Mumbai.
[frustration]
If you reside in Gujrat better to buy from there only why to trouble much like registering yourself. You may endup paying extra bucks at local RTO or any middle man. Buy from Gujrat's dealer and let the dealer do care of all formalities.

Thread Starter #13
If you reside in Gujrat better to buy from there only why to trouble much like registering yourself. You may endup paying extra bucks at local RTO or any middle man. Buy from Gujrat's dealer and let the dealer do care of all formalities.
Ertiga_Zmr

I am ready to buy from Gujarat local dealer (G3 Surat) but the price are 30000 higher than Mumbai Price.
All Mumbai dealers are ready to provide me all those required docs like
Sale Certificate, Form 20 & CRTM for registration outside Gujarat.
And even Surat RTO agents said it can be registered her if above docs will be available

But Mahindra Official person said its not in policy to buy the car from Maharastra and registered in Gujarat.

I dont know what should I do trusting whom

Hope the deal don't get between that i have to registered in Mumbai only.

[frustration]
Thats utter nonsense. You can get the car, get a temporary registration number and register it in gujrat. I myself have cars bought in mumbai and registered outside maharashtra.

My advise, get a local RTO agent in gujrat and let him do the work.

Thanks Sankar

I just tweeted to Anand Mahindra & Pawan Goenka even to Mahindra Scorpio FB page and tweeter

Let see what comes out

In between i again check with other Dealers like Infinity but all are saying we have new price [confused]
Then probably what they say are true. Prices indeed might have been revised.

Regarding purchase of car - You can purchase your car from any state in India and register it in any state in India. There are absolutely no restriction regarding this. The Mahindra guy is just forcing you to buy from local dealer.

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom