Mahindra Dealers Charging more than Official Price on Website

Ertiga_Zmr

I am ready to buy from Gujarat local dealer (G3 Surat) but the price are 30000 higher than Mumbai Price.
All Mumbai dealers are ready to provide me all those required docs like
Sale Certificate, Form 20 & CRTM for registration outside Gujarat.
And even Surat RTO agents said it can be registered her if above docs will be available

But Mahindra Official person said its not in policy to buy the car from Maharastra and registered in Gujarat.

I dont know what should I do trusting whom

Hope the deal don't get between that i have to registered in Mumbai only.
they just mention it to safeguard their local dealers.

if you can , pay a personal visit to maharashtra dealers, they will help you with it.

Thread Starter #17
they just mention it to safeguard their local dealers.

if you can , pay a personal visit to maharashtra dealers, they will help you with it.
So after all emails and calls to so many peoples

Finally i got the reply and calls from Customer care officials

Got call from my local Dealer (G3) sales manager he asked me why you are buying car from Mumbai (don't know how he come to know). He said sir please come to showroom i will avail you good deal (I know he will just give me couple of free bies of accessories which are use less like Floor Matt, Body Cover)

But one good thing he said that buying any car from Mumbai you have to pay VAT of 12.5 % where as in Gujarat its 15 %. Thats why the 2.5 % price is differ/lower.
But when you purchase a vehicle from Maharashtra and registered in Gujarat during registration you have to pay the extra 2.5 % VAT which was not paid in Maharashtra. I confirmed same with my RTO agent also.
So conclusion is no price change from Mumbai & Surat.

Now i just found a December discount ad from Facebook in which its stated that Scorpio with 50000 /- off.

Now can any one tell me which is good time to buy a Scorpio During Decemeber or now During Monsoon (Ashaad) as during both this preiods every auto company offer good scheme.

I am afraid of two things due to dollar rise may be price can be increased.
Secondly 3% price cut is coming in the couple of months but that time will be festival season and no chance of discount during that time [frustration]

Attachments

you keep on waiting , you would never get a good deal.

i got an SLE with ex showroom price of 8,88,626 with 25k discount last year.

now with govt wanting to kill the SUV or diesel craze , they might introduce new taxes going forward.

so if you can negotiate and try to extract a deal from the dealer.

... he said that buying any car from Mumbai you have to pay VAT of 12.5 % where as in Gujarat its 15 %. Thats why the 2.5 % price is differ/lower.
But when you purchase a vehicle from Maharashtra and registered in Gujarat during registration you have to pay the extra 2.5 % VAT which was not paid in Maharashtra. I confirmed same with my RTO agent also.
This makes sense.
You may end up paying more if you buy from a different state and register in another. Sales tax, you can get set off and pay the difference only.
There are taxes like Local Body Tax in Mumbai and Local Cess in Navi Mumbai. If you buy a car from Navi Mumbai, you pay the local cess (which was Rs 500o in 2009) and 12.5% VAT. When you register in Gujarat you pay extra 2.5% of VAT. But the local cess is extra and you wont get it back. I bought my car from Thane dealer and registered in Navi Mumbai and I paid the local cess extra during registration. This was in 2009, there may be changes in the rules, but I think this is the way it works - you pay the taxes and rates of the place where you register, not where you buy from.

Regarding purchase of car - You can purchase your car from any state in India and register it in any state in India. There are absolutely no restriction regarding this. The Mahindra guy is just forcing you to buy from local dealer.

Regards,
Sankar
Sankar, I used to see lot of cars bought from Pondichery in Kerala (20-25 years ago). People were saying 'tax savings', I was too young to understand it.

you keep on waiting , you would never get a good deal...
Yes. Once you decided on a specific make, go for it without waiting. Of course negotiate hard with the dealer.

So after all emails and calls to so many peoples

Finally i got the reply and calls from Customer care officials

Got call from my local Dealer (G3) sales manager he asked me why you are buying car from Mumbai (don't know how he come to know). He said sir please come to showroom i will avail you good deal (I know he will just give me couple of free bies of accessories which are use less like Floor Matt, Body Cover)

But one good thing he said that buying any car from Mumbai you have to pay VAT of 12.5 % where as in Gujarat its 15 %. Thats why the 2.5 % price is differ/lower.

Now i just found a December discount ad from Facebook in which its stated that Scorpio with 50000 /- off.

Now can any one tell me which is good time to buy a Scorpio During Decemeber or now During Monsoon (Ashaad) as during both this preiods every auto company offer good scheme.

I am afraid of two things due to dollar rise may be price can be increased.
Secondly 3% price cut is coming in the couple of months but that time will be festival season and no chance of discount during that time [frustration]
Try and squeeze as much freebies you can from your local dealer , my friend year last grabbed a 2 din music system and reverse sensors too for his lx Scorpio .

How much money is exactly 3% ? That you think you will save ?

The best time to buy anything is when you need it . If you think you don't need a car desperately then wait . But if you need it anyhow " today is the best time "

Try and squeeze as much freebies you can from your local dealer , my friend year last grabbed a 2 din music system and reverse sensors too for his lx Scorpio .

How much money is exactly 3% ? That you think you will save ?

The best time to buy anything is when you need it . If you think you don't need a car desperately then wait . But if you need it anyhow " today is the best time "
Yes what Raja is saying is absolutely correct, buy when it is needed and if it is now then buy it and negotiate. These days forecasting is not advisable as Govt can impose any xyz taxes in near future to dampen the industrial growth along with deprecating Rupee.

I postponed my car delivery for 3-4 months to pre close the home loan. The home loan was closed but the car price increased by 45K but no regret. I decided as per the need of moment.

I suggest do not trouble yourself, just buy from your local dealer and let him do all the formalities and you can enjoy a very nice buying experience even if it is few thousands expensive.

Last edited:

Top Bottom