Mahinda Xylo D2 - The Basic Family Mover

Thread Starter #31
ditto to my thoughts. its got everything it needs for now atleast. might get it changed to alloys in the next tire change. :P

sorry for late wishes archit, congratulations for your office workhorse.its a perfect choice to go for this barebone vehicle, its spacious, good engine with lesser electronics to fiddle.How much was the OTR for this model if you can share.

Thread Starter #34
thank you Vijay! yes, as mentioned before, got the car for 7,80,000 on road (Patna. Bihar). it is actually a workhorse. it hardly stays in Patna!

Thread Starter #36
just got to know that i will be staying with the car for 2 months. i can update very thoroughly then. so stay tuned.

Thread Starter #37
the car is at 11,890 kms now. driver is not maintaining the car well. have already told dad to fire him. took it for a drive myself today. same area where Manza went to 150 kph, this only made it to 110 kph. a couple of gearshifts could have been better. also speaking of gearshifts, quite hard to engage them. driver did not find any troubles but i found it a bit hard after driving Manza.

anyways here is a pic i took yday.

Attachments

the car is at 11,890 kms now. driver is not maintaining the car well. have already told dad to fire him. took it for a drive myself today. same area where Manza went to 150 kph, this only made it to 110 kph. a couple of gearshifts could have been better. also speaking of gearshifts, quite hard to engage them. driver did not find any troubles but i found it a bit hard after driving Manza.
Going faster wont be its forte with this engine,its more of a relaxed cruiser, after 12k kms how do you find the ride quality? has the FE increased?

The D2 engine is more of an economical cruiser than an outright performer. But still 110 kmph is too low. Also gear shifts should not be too hard.

Thread Starter #40
many of my gearshifts could have been better. i agree to that. i shall try again soon. i know i didnt buy this engine for its power but for its economy. actually now the driver is not driving that well hence in city, recently got around 9-10 kmpl. Ride is ok. not too bad. but its not a Rolls. haha actually its on the better side.

good car mate and congrats

why was the dial showing 40 kmph and u had the high beam on eh!!
i never use high beam not sure if it works or not haha

Good to know that your workhorse is serving you well, Are you facing any other issue's apart from rattling? and what is the FE you are getting?
I am currently in the market for a pickup truck for our business and Genio with 2.5MDI engine is one of the strong contender for it.

Top Bottom