Magnetic Car Sunshades

Car window sunshades... Magnetic sun shades or suction cup retained sun shades?

I plan to get sun shades for my newly bought Maruti Suzuki Celerio VXI AMT. Having to park directly under the sun for long hours so sun shades is most important for me now. Two options are magnetic sun shades, other being suction cups held sun shades. Magnetic ones are better i heard but have also heard of water leakage due to the magnets interfering with the door rubber beading and not allowing a proper seal, also paint scratches and rusting is also a issue along with difficulty in closing door. Whereas suction cups are notorious of falling off. Planning to buy sun shades fr all the door windows and also rear and front windshields.
New to the forum.

Hi guys please suggest a good quality sunshades for my Honda City i-VTEC VX 2016 model. I find bad reputed sunshades in amazon and flipkart. Kindly suggest from your experience. Im from Chennai :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes because of shades the ac cools the cabin pretty quickly and very effective in summer.
But what speedway offering is its covering the whole front glass where OVRM's visibility is reduced.This will be slightly difficult to see on road as well as while reverse parking.
I have installed this on 3 cars .it is non magnetic and easy to use

View attachment 140184
View attachment 140185
View attachment 140186

PRICE
Santro -2k -4 windows
Brio - 2.5k -4 windows
Storme-3.2k -6 windows
Where are these available? Can i get it online? Hows your review of these sun shades?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Car window sunshades... Magnetic sun shades or suction cup retained sun shades?

Two options are magnetic sun shades, other being suction cups held sun shades.
Third option would be electrostatic sunshades. They just cling to the windshields without any support. I bought one from Amazon India and returned because it was too big for my Tiago windows. I now use generic smaller sized ones bought from Amazon US and carried to me by a friend.

Last edited:
I had installed magnetic sunshades in my CIAZ quality and effectiveness was very good but had faced an issue that the areas at which the magnet gets in touch with the car frame the paint tends to wear out and off and on notice a squeaking sound in doors due to the rubbing of the sunshade.
Later I have installed wire mesh type shades on the inside of the glass which means that they are in between the door side panel and the window. Have faced no issues with them of any sort. Seems to be a good solution.

sunshade.png

Hi Friends, need such kind of magnetic sunshades for old wagon r 2009 model, I don't want the zipper ones. Where can get these in Pune or online would also do. One more for hatch is also needed.

Top Bottom