Madhvan: New Brand Ambassador for Wagon-R

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Maruti Wagon R has a new brand ambassador – South Indian actor Madhavan who is also quite popular in Hindi cinema. “R Madhavan is a true personification of the WagonR brand. Brand WagonR stands for being Contemporary, Pragmatic, Intelligent, Leader-like, Balanced and Caring. All will agree that the same attributes stand true for Madhavan as well. He will refresh WagonR’s values, strengthen the Brand further, and at the same time add youthfulness to the Brand. Madhavan will be the Brand Face for WagonR. We welcome him to the Maruti Suzuki family,” says Maruti Suzuki.

Wagon R is the market leader in its segment and clocks average monthly sales of 12000 units. Maruti conducted a comprehensive market study before signing the actor to evaluate his appointment as a brand ambassador. Maruti specifically intends to rope in more sales from South India where Madhavan is quite a hot-selling proposition.

Maruti is adopting a new regional approach for marketing and advertising its cars in various parts of the country. It will focus more on regional communication strategy by having local language dialogues to reach out to the masses. It had earlier adopted specific marketing strategy for rural markets to clock sales for its model M800.

Source: CTI

well, with new brand ambassador decided, surely new WagonR is coming up, around Diwali or after that as after estilo it was wagonR, coming out.

Oh! thats a news!

Madhavan started coming for Cars too :)

OKay now this clearly decipts that K series is coming in a short while !

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
Yes, Right Zinam.
I also remember Maruti having a new mascot for its Wagon-R, Mr. Wizer!
One of our member also posted about it in our old forum.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Yes thats was really cool One!!

But i dont know one reason why they are trying to compare Wagon R with i10 :)

I see in most of Wizer Ads they try to compare it with i10!

Yes thats was really cool One!!

But i dont know one reason why they are trying to compare Wagon R with i10 :)

I see in most of Wizer Ads they try to compare it with i10!
i10 is the next generation Santro.

But on the other side, A-star is the successor of Alto.

i10 has skipped one segment and A-star has skipped two segments. I really can't understand what manufacturers are up to?

Arun

Suspended
Madhavan does personify the WagonR.

I sense a KB12 for the WagonR, Don't know why.

Any views?

The whole point of picking up Madhavan surprises me. This is because you need a role model with Pan-India appeal. Though I am a big fan of Madhavan from Alaypayuthe days, I am not too sure he will stage his charisma across India. That is why cricketers seem like safe bet.

Cheers,
Vroom

When sharukh & Shaif can be brand ambassadors for Hyundai & Chevy i dont think Madhavan would be a bad choice.. I saw a cricketer only for punto...

Maruti has become hyper active about selling its WagonR model. With more sales, I think it is trying to clear out stocks and make way for the new WagonR with the KB-series engine, where Madhavan will campaign saying that 'the smart car got smarter and more environment friendlier'. I would say its a very good move by Maruti and they will surely succeed selling it in higher numbers because the car is itself a very good product.

Arun

Suspended
You've got a cricketer for Punto , another cricketer for TVS.

And yes , Maruti has become hyper-active.

Yesterday I went to a Maruti show room to check the new Estilo and over heard an adviser trying his best to prove a WagonR is better than a Swift! [lol!]

I don't know about other areas, but here in TN Madhavan is a good choice. At least to the target customers. But it also depends how good the ad is.

Top Bottom