LPG / CNG on Bikes

Yes its possible!

I think it was around 7 years back i met a person with this Splendor which runs on LPG :-)

But it was not a fitment of this kind. He has his LPG tank fitted in the rear side of his bike.

napster

Suspended
i've seen a nova fitted with lpg, its lpg tank was in his boot, also a splendor with its tank in the carry case found beside the rear seat, its an after market job

there are few companies trying out to fit lpg kits or say dual fuel systems on bikes also planning to see diesel runnings on bikes as well, though nothing hase came out like perfect safer kits till now.

Thread Starter #5
My cousin bro had fitted the garuda diesel engine to his bullet!! I don't remember the exact specs cause I was too young to notice that. However, one incident that I remember is when we rode from Aurangabad to Pune, the chasis broke midway [thumbsdown] guess due to the chasis not able to bear the engine weight.

oh thats not a good thing to hear, i have seen in many remore areas or say villages where people do attatch lpg small cylinders mostly of 2kgs and run their bikes, but they are not safe and exposed near front brakes.

Bike on LPG/CNG

Hi Experts,
I'm just wondering by looking at the price hike for petrol, is it possible to fit either LPG or CNG kit for 2 wheelers? And if it already exists then whether that kit works for all types of 2 wheelers?

Please let me know if anyone has idea on it.[:D]

Thanks and Regards
Aniket P.Katkar

Guys, Why do you think of downsizing a car LPG or CNG kit? Anyways Autorickshaws running on LPG / CNG have a similar engine capacity as a single cylinder bike. So the kit can be directly transplanted, but RTO hasnt made it legal to fit a LPG/CNG kit on a 2 wheeler as of now.
-IlangoP

here in some villages its done. some mechanics fits LPG kit on bikes. its cylinder will fitted on dickky on one side. one of my uncle had fitted it. but millage is not as good as petrol ( same in cars also )

never seen CNG on bike. as it needs much high pressure capacity tank than LPG.

if you remember, Bajaj has started LPG platina some time ago, but stopped that version due to unknown reason.

I also has seen one man's Bullet 350 which he had explicitly turned into a Bullet Body + Auto-rickshaw's Engine.
It was really awful to hear the sound. It was an old bike and was in a remote area. I was a child by then but i did know that it was auto engine.
And to the utmost surprise, he actually started the engine using the rope that is used to start autos. Man, it was really beyond imagination and beyond what i can explain here.

sarav.sandhu said:
I also has seen one man's Bullet 350 which he had explicitly turned into a Bullet Body + Auto-rickshaw's Engine.
It was really awful to hear the sound. It was an old bike and was in a remote area. I was a child by then but i did know that it was auto engine.
And to the utmost surprise, he actually started the engine using the rope that is used to start autos. Man, it was really beyond imagination and beyond what i can explain here.
thats a diesel engine.
many are doing it here in rajkot

Top Bottom