Lowering the Ground Clearance of My Maurti Alto

Thread Starter #1
hey friends,

it's been a while i haven't done anything with my car, i want to lower it from front and back, can someone please advice me on what needs to be done,

See the pics below, i want to lower alto like that Swift, is it possible, ? and what things need to be taken in consideration, are there any bad effects, (i know if many people sit in car, car may touch tyre walls)

Attachments

not only tyre wall but your car get torture of indian road even with hight of your car still it get scratched underneath . Still its possible . But i won't recommend if this is your everyday car

Thread Starter #3
not only tyre wall but your car get torture of indian road even with hight of your car still it get scratched underneath . Still its possible . But i won't recommend if this is your everyday car
yeah, indian roads are a major problem, but car is driven 80% in city and roads are bearable, it looks very cool to me, when i see some lowered cars, any suggestions [confused]

Yes Djluv, the lowered rides look great but for indian roads i dont think lowering your ride would be a good idea. Even the Swift you have posted is of UAE.

yeah, indian roads are a major problem, but car is driven 80% in city and roads are bearable, it looks very cool to me, when i see some lowered cars, any suggestions [confused]
i didn't even included outside city . its alone delhi i am talking about . still you can go to any performance shop they do these things . soon you will raise again your height i am dam sure like my friend did to his swift .

Thread Starter #7
i didn't even included outside city . its alone delhi i am talking about . still you can go to any performance shop they do these things . soon you will raise again your height i am dam sure like my friend did to his swift .
okay, thanks for your opninion

Even of you drive in pucca roads , lowering - a mod job , is not advisable by myself.

In high ways , you can find a deep dip and and some ups , like when you travel , it will be floating kind. At that time it will surely scrap.

My lancer rear suspensioon is worn out and it was fine with stock wheel. But now with a 15 incher , if i am over speed(normal speed ) in that dips , the tyre scraps some times.
In just 3 days of driving , my tyre made 4 to 5 times.
gonna change the suspension tommorrow

But i accept it looks ubber cool.

Re: Lowering my Alto

there is worth to spent on lowering the car because it reduces the suspension life and tyre too.
these types of modifications can't afford the indian roads.

It is better to think to raise the GC. Silly local people and PWD depts. make the bumpers only to cross by trucks or tractors. These Himalayan bumpers give the crash not to the bottom of the car but to the heart of us.[cry]

lxi.

Suspended
i think you should not try lowering as it will cause problem for the suspension also and would reduce the GC of the car.

I feel suspension will not cause much of an issue here, because it will be a entirely new modified suspension as everything needs to be changed starting from struts to springs and underpinnings lower arm etc etc, this cannot be carried out on a stock suspension, an expensive option though... But driven carefully it can give good amount of life too.

Big question is where can one drive such a car? Our roads with unscientific bumps will have a merry time scrapping the underbelly of car, and most importantly one wrong judgement while taking a road hump may also result in damage to crank case.

hey friends,

it's been a while i haven't done anything with my car, i want to lower it from front and back, can someone please advice me on what needs to be done,

See the pics below, i want to lower alto like that Swift, is it possible, ? and what things need to be taken in consideration, are there any bad effects, (i know if many people sit in car, car may touch tyre walls)
Let's not get down on the practicality debate on whether a lowered car would be good on Indian roads or not. Let's say you WANT to do this. There are ready made lowered suspension kits available for many cars (I dont think these are available for the Alto as yet) by Eibach and Bilstein for such purpose. Low profile tires can also be fitted (again, i doubt if these would be available for the Alto's rim size) to further reduce height.

Top Bottom