Lots of DIYs on My Alto LX

I want to change all lights to LED lights of Alto LXi 2004. Except the headlights of cource.
But i dont know which ones to buy of Ebay. There are loads of LED lights on Ebay, but i dont know specifications for my alto.
Can any one guide on this.

Thread Starter #167
I want to change all lights to LED lights of Alto LXi 2004. Except the headlights of cource.
But i dont know which ones to buy of Ebay. There are loads of LED lights on Ebay, but i dont know specifications for my alto.
Can any one guide on this.
You need T10 bulbs for parking, fender indicators and single point pin holder type bulbs for front and rear indicators, reverse light and double point bulbs for brake lights/ tail lights.
It will be better if you can purchase from local market because you can choose and check before purchasing.

DIY [glasses]gear lever modification to reduce hight and install after market gear knob
start with removing stock gear knob. Rotate it anticlockwise hardly to remove. Now cut the lever to your desied hight. I cut it aprox 3 inches . Grind it to appropriate size to tightly fit new knob. Fix the new knob tightly.[clap] View attachment 126117

View attachment 126118

View attachment 126119

View attachment 126120

View attachment 126121

View attachment 126122
Need help with replacing my alto's stock gear knob with a new leather one. What is the best technique to remove the old knob?

Thread Starter #170
Need help with replacing my alto's stock gear knob with a new leather one. What is the best technique to remove the old knob?
it is very tightly fitted by company. they use some glue while fitting. so you need to rotate the knob to anti clockwise to remove it from lever. try it carefully or just go to accessory shop and they will do it for you.

Even I would also like to change the gear knob to a good looking after market product. Will give a try once.

@saroya, can you please tell me if DIY for remote boot opener is something easier for newbies like me? or shall I go to a mechanic for this.

Top Bottom