Lots of DIYs on My Alto LX

Thread Starter #139
hi saroya bro. is it essntial to get a sub and amp for quality bass..if yes dn which brand sub n amp???plz tell me
Hello dear ! Yes only sub can produce extra bass. You can choose amp and sub according to your requirements and your budget . A nice sub and amp will cost you from 8k -12k.
There is two main type of sub setups available in the market. One is sub in sealed enclosure for tight crispy bass and another is sub in ported enclosure for heavy boomy bass.

Here I went to some car accessories shop, they showed me jbl,sony etc sub+ some amp. One shop owner show me a bass box of jvl. not JBL. I'm sending images too. thats an indian made sub with built in amp. Look n feel was satisfying .Plus price was okay too.
But I was bit confused, because JVL sub+amp price is almost half what other said of jbl etc.

bro plz tell me can we shift front dash speaker of alto k1o,they create too much noise there.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #141
Here I went to some car accessories shop, they showed me jbl,sony etc sub+ some amp. One shop owner show me a bass box of jvl. not JBL. I'm sending images too. thats an indian made sub with built in amp. Look n feel was satisfying .Plus price was okay too.
But I was bit confused, because JVL sub+amp price is almost half what other said of jbl etc.

bro plz tell me can we shift front dash speaker of alto k1o,they create too much noise there.
That round hole in second picture on right side is port. If you are going to choose ported sub then my advice is please stay away from local made cheap products. Port is not a simple hole in enclosure , it needs some calculations and correct measurement otherwise they will not give quality sound.
JBL is a good affordable brand not JVL.
You can go for locally made amps that too after getting demo but for better quality sound you should purchase a branded sub with factory made enclosure in case of ported enclosure . If you want sealed enclosure then you can go for branded sub in locally made good quality enclosure .
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jbl-gtx-1150w-12-subwoofer/257951

Last edited:
thanks saroya bro , today i met a person,he deals in accessories, told me about 6500-7000 for overall setup. Including alpine amp and jbl sub.
Also which amp will be best 2 channel or 4 channel?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #143
thanks saroya bro , today i met a person,he deals in accessories, told me about 6500-7000 for overall setup. Including alpine amp and jbl sub.
Also which amp will be best 2 channel or 4 channel?
That's really a steal deal. Please check properly if its already used one.
JBL sub will be 1150,1200 or 1300 watts and RMS power will be between 200 -300 watts . So choose the amp that can power 250-300 watts RMS . Two channel bridgeable will be ideal if you want to connect sub only. And if you want to connect two speakers also then go for 4 channel one.
Post the specifications of alpine amp ans JBL sub you mentioned earlier .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #145
1150 watt jbl sub , and 2 channel amp of alpine.
and if amp added to a 6*9 speaker(3way) , will amp increases performnce of the co-axial speakers(bass wise)?
Will improve performance of coaxials , sound will be louder and clear but bass will be no where near to a sub. What is RMS(nominal) power of your amp?

RMS, that i don't remember, may be 2 x 60W (4 Ω) .U mean there would be no bass . jitni bass abi tk rhi h utni rhegi y wo b ni rhegi?? plz bir help yaar, apni pocket cho jne aa paise .

Thread Starter #147
RMS, that i don't remember, may be 2 x 60W (4 Ω) .U mean there would be no bass . jitni bass abi tk rhi h utni rhegi y wo b ni rhegi?? plz bir help yaar, apni pocket cho jne aa paise .
Then your amp is weak for your 1150w JBL sub. You need atleast 200-250 watts RMS power in bridged mode to get optimum performance and to avoid overheating of amp.
Forget about amp connection to speakers. That strong bass which we PUNJABIs need can be achieved only with a good Sub.
There are some local made amps you can consider . I am using Sound Barrier amp 3200 watts . It is a very good amp . Link
Otherwise choose any good amp which can produce 200 watts RMS.
My amp and sub

Last edited:
Hi Saroya,
Didn't see a post of a new DIY from u since long. Can u pls post a DIY for removal/installation of the front bumper.

Thx for the info Joni. Congrats Saroya. So, the great Alto DIY journey by saroya has finally ended. Hope some other member follows saroya's path and posts some DIY's.

I was looking fwd for a DIY of removal/installation of Alto Type-2 bumper (same model as saroya's)

Top Bottom