Lots of DIYs on My Alto LX

Thread Starter #106
Hi Saroya, been a regular observer of your DIY,s. Awesome, keep it up. Meanwhile, coming to the point. Yesterday I was at one of he car accessory showroom to change my dome light, andc prking lights into COB leds. There was another ertiga which was also decking up with some DRL. I saw beautiful chrome honeycomb grill installed. When I enquired he said that this is not some DIY but is available aftermarket for maruti cars. I believe such ready to fit chrome honeycomb grill should be available for alto also. You can check with such shops.
Ready made mesh grills are available but only for few maruti cars like swift and dezire. Sadly nothing that kind of thing available for Alto.[cry]

Mr.Saroya,You can buy a big mesh for bigger grilles and cut it and Mod it for your Alto !! Under mods,I strictly advise to install a Safety feature like a First Aid kit and a Fire Extinguisher.Thank you

Thread Starter #110
From a sticker shop, These are made on demand on the spot . select the design in the computer and get in your desired size and color.
That is a religious symbol called KHANDA modified with a picture inside of a great SIKH martyr fighter .

From a sticker shop, These are made on demand on the spot . select the design in the computer and get in your desired size and color.
That is a religious symbol called KHANDA modified with a picture inside of a great SIKH martyr fighter .
How much would it cost normally? Do they cause any visibility problems?

Cost depends upon size and material quality. Mine one was around 200-300 rupees, don't remember now.
If not sticked on correct place ,can create visibility problems.
Which would be the ideal place to stick it on a big car like Jetta? Although I have reversing camera, I use rear windscreen too. So, visibility is very important.

Thread Starter #114
Which would be the ideal place to stick it on a big car like Jetta? Although I have reversing camera, I use rear windscreen too. So, visibility is very important.
Left ,right and lower portion of rear windshield should be clearly visible. It may be different for different cars. Check visibility in my IRVM in the pic.
IMG_20140816_083524.jpg

Thread Starter #120
Hi guys! Today i am sharing Reverse parking camera with monitor installation DIY on Maruti ALTO [surprise] .it was a challenging DIY.
I Have purchased worldtech 4.3 inch monitor with reverse parking camera from snapdeal.com for Rs. 2360.
why i am installing this thing? Answer is safety of my car and other vehicles, kids, animals etc. reversing in tight places specially in crowded places is a real pain when you never know that is behind the car below rear windshield area. I always fear small kids. they can suddenly rush anywhere even behind reversing car. Sometimes bikers park their bikes behind your car very close and you are busy inside your car on mobile and don't notice that. And you know what happen if that bike not visible in RVMs and try to reverse your car.
So here is the DIY »
There was a drill bit to make hole for camera on bumper. Used that and installed camera. Then video cable installed from boot to A pillar. Camera cables connected to reverse lights. Camera installation done and now came difficult part. Didn't want to place the monitor on dashboard sticking with 3M tape. Because it will be only for reverse camera and i am not going to use it to watch movies etc, when i will use GPS on my Galaxy Tab two screens will look odd and difficult to clean dashboard, wires will be visible and will look bad, monitor have to face direct heat of sun, can invite thieves. Decided to fix it in sunshade. It will not be visible when will not in use and when car will be parked.
Rest of the story is in pictures»
IMG_20141014_083131.jpg

IMG_20141014_083208.jpg

IMG_20141014_083243.jpg

IMG_20141014_083411.jpg

IMG_20141014_083451.jpg

IMG_20141014_083618.jpg

IMG_20141014_083723.jpg

IMG_20141014_083805.jpg

IMG_20141014_083901.jpg

Top Bottom