Lots of DIYs on My Alto LX

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys! [:D]
I want to share some DIYs done by me.Thanks to the TAI family members who inspire me for this. I am not a professional but have a little mechanic in me from my childhood.
Currently i have three vehicles in my house. First is Bajaj Caliber 115 bike 2004 model. Second is Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSI 2009 model.
Third is Maruti Suzuki Alto Lx December 2007 model.
I am going to share the DIYs done by me on my little sweety Alto.
Here is the list:-
1. Dome light LED
2. Daytime running LEDs
3. LED parking lights
4. Philips Rally 130/100W headlights with minda wiring kit.
5. I-pop car steering knob.
6. Gear lever hight reduction.
7. After market wooden gear lever knob
8. Dashboard on-off switches.
9. Amplifier with Subwoofer
10. universal transparent floor mats
11. Stock rims painted to black color.
12. Light in the boot area.
13. Fog lamps with separate on-off switch.
14. Custom mesh grille black
15. Roots windtone horns.
Pictures with detail in coming posts

Thread Starter #2
Re: Lots of DIYs on Alto Lx

Starting with a simple DIY
LED Dome light
LED dome light is very useful at nighttime . You can read easily as LED gives brighter Light. Here is the procedure:
Remove the dome light glass, hold it and pull downside
Remove the stock bulb carefully.
dome light switch should be in off position .
If you purchased led without wire type conector you can install it directly like stock bulb. if it is wire type like mine, then carefully connect it and check if it is not working reconnect using other side(change the connector pins). You can use a tape to fix light on glass inner side or leave it as it is .carefull close the glass and its done[clap]
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Re: Lots of DIYs on Alto Lx

Thats a nice DIY.
Please do share the cost and link from where the product is purchased( if purchased online)

Thread Starter #8
Hi Guys! When we install some accessories in our car we need on off switch . Although our cars have provision in the dashboard for extra swithes.but these are not easily available in market and i think we all hate those push pull type swithes on dashboard. Those really looks odd.
For those who want to install perfect and best quality on off swithes on the dashboard , here is the DIY
purchase these switches from Ebay cost of 5 switches rs.210 (including shipping charges)
Starting with removing the plastic which coved provision for switch.Now with the help of soldering iron make propper hole to fix the switch in that piece of plastic .be careful do not make oversize hole then it will become useless .a proper hole and you can easily fix the switch .It is ready to use[clap]
IMG_20140129_193644.jpg

IMG_20140129_193733.jpg

IMG_20140129_193824.jpg

IMG_20140129_194035.jpg

IMG_20140129_194136.jpg

Last edited:
Lakkhi, that switch soldering thing is pure Punju ingenuity. Great going.

Would suggest you to explain all DIYs in a step by step manner with corresponding pictures. This would make them easy to understand and replicate by other members. Plus, do not forget to mention the source (link, shop address, etc.) from where you made your purchases and the respective prices.

Good job. Chak de fatte!

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hi Guys! When we install some accessories in our car we need on off switch . Although our cars have provision in the dashboard for extra swithes.but these are not easily available in market and i think we all hate those push pull type swithes on dashboard. Those really looks odd.
For those who want to install perfect and best quality on off swithes on the dashboard , here is the DIY
purchase these switches from Ebay cost of 5 switches rs.210 (including shipping charges)
Starting with removing the plastic which coved provision for switch.Now with the help of soldering iron make propper hole to fix the switch in that piece of plastic .be careful do not make oversize hole then it will become useless .a proper hole and you can easily fix the switch .It is ready to use[clap]
View attachment 123440

View attachment 123441

View attachment 123442

View attachment 123443

View attachment 123444
Rocker switches that fix right into the slot are easily available. Anupam is the most common available and reliable brand.

Anupam Rocker Switch

Thread Starter #14
Hi guys ! This DIY is for those who have no light in boot area of their cars.
Sometimes when i take out luggage or spare tyre or something from boot, i usually turn on flash light of my mobile, hold mobile in my mouth then try to putt the things out from boot. Always thought of light fixed in boot. Fancy lights available in the market are very expensive and also not durable.
That's why i am starting this DIY.
Things needed:-
5 or 10w bulb with holder
A transparent small container with cap (hair gel container can be used)
Push/ pull type switch
Electric Wires , tape, screwdriver, screws, piece of hard metal sheet.
Lets start:-
Take a hard metal sheet piece 2x1 inches is enough. Make a hole on it's both ends, one side for small screw and on another end for switch. Bend it from centre 90° .
Now with the help of screwdriver srew it at desired place in the boot area, it should be easily accessible. Take the switch and fix it. Now take the cap of the container, make two small holes ,one in the centre and another anywhere close to centre.take the holder make wiring out from second hole and screw the cap below the parcel tray using that centre hole. The holder am using is taken from tail lamp assembly of a car.Now fix the wiring connection from battery to the boot, if using Amp, wires can be connected to it.connect neutral wire directly and another to switch and switch to bulb.close the container and it's done. Enjoy[glasses]
IMG_20140205_143630.jpg

IMG_20140205_143421.jpg

IMG_20140205_143714.jpg

IMG_20140205_143916.jpg

IMG_20140205_143948.jpg

IMG_20140205_144040.jpg

IMG_20140205_144214.jpg

IMG_20140205_144306.jpg

Top Bottom