Lots of DIYs on My Alto LX

Thread Starter #151
Thx for the info Joni. Congrats Saroya. So, the great Alto DIY journey by saroya has finally ended. Hope some other member follows saroya's path and posts some DIY's.

I was looking fwd for a DIY of removal/installation of Alto Type-2 bumper (same model as saroya's)
Alto has been sold, but i can help everyone regarding any DIY for Alto.[glasses] you can easily remove bumpers of Alto. Tell me your problem , i will guide.[:D]

Alto has been sold, but i can help everyone regarding any DIY for Alto.[glasses] you can easily remove bumpers of Alto. Tell me your problem , i will guide.[:D]
Great [clap] If you want to share, what price did you buy the Alto and what price did you sell it.

For the front bumper removal/installation, I need to do it for few reasons as follows:-

(1) While trying to fix loose headlight nut by the mechanic, the "STAY, FR BUMPER RH" (part number) nut has broken and is stuck into the washer. Please see the attached screenshot (One.jpg) marked with Red arrow. I have purchased this part for Rs.90. Ols guide how to change this.

(2) Some sound appears while driving. Suspect some bolt of the heat insulator panel is missing which need to be fixed due to which it is vibrating and causing the noise.

(3) I need to level the headlight (Lumax model with inbuilt motor) beam whose screw behind seems to be jammed and is not rotating. So would remove the bumper and try to rotate the screw to level the headlight beam.

Please guide with (pictorial steps if possible) how remove and then install back the front bumper.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #153
I had bought the Alto 2years back for Rs. 151000 with 33k ODO. Sold for 155000 with 47k on ODO.[;)]
1. If you have purchased the part, remove the old pard with dill ,if it has stuck inside.
2. Post a picture of that insulator , if you can see the bolts of screws are missing , then refix them.
3. Don't remember if it is necessary to remove the bumper to remove the headlight or not.
If you want to remove the bumper you can do it easily , all you need is a star screwdriver and a 11 number spanner . Location of screws and bolts are , inside the fenders upper portion , bottom of the bumpers , behind the license plate, under the hood upper portion of bumpers. There are some plastic push locks also.
My alto is no more with me so can't post pictures. BTW thanks for my alto's picture [:D]

I had bought the Alto 2years back for Rs. 151000 with 33k ODO. Sold for 155000 with 47k on ODO.[;)]
1. If you have purchased the part, remove the old pard with dill ,if it has stuck inside.
2. Post a picture of that insulator , if you can see the bolts of screws are missing , then refix them.
3. Don't remember if it is necessary to remove the bumper to remove the headlight or not.
If you want to remove the bumper you can do it easily , all you need is a star screwdriver and a 11 number spanner . Location of screws and bolts are , inside the fenders upper portion , bottom of the bumpers , behind the license plate, under the hood upper portion of bumpers. There are some plastic push locks also.
My alto is no more with me so can't post pictures. BTW thanks for my alto's picture [:D]
Yup, referred to our Alto's pic. Just a minor correction in your reply. The bolts are 10mm in size, so u got to use a 10 number spanner or wrench. The bolt behind the number plate is deep inside, so the spanner is not easily reachable to it. I have ordered a T Spanner with long handle for this

Also for the headlight, there is one bolt on the top which can be removed easily. But for the other bolt, it's at the lower end covered by the bumper, so the bumper needs to be removed at least from the side of the fender.

Just fearing if I remove the bumper, then I can put it back or not [lol]

Attached is a pic of the heat insulator panel.

Attachments

Thread Starter #155
Yup, referred to ur Alto's pic. Just a minor correction in your reply. The bolts are 10mm in size, so u got to use a 10 number spanner or wrench. The bolt behind the number plate is deep inside, so the spanner is not easily rechable to it. I have ordered a T Spanner with long handle for this
Also for the headlight, there is one bolt on the top whcih can be removed easily. But for the other bolt, it's at the lower end covered by the bumper, so the bumper needs to be removed at least from the side of the fender.
Just fearing if I remove the bumper, then I can put it back or not [lol]
Attached is a pic of the heat insulator panel.
Oh thanks for that correction . Isn't that screw type bolt there behind number plate? If not then you have to purchase that T spanner . If you are thinking more DIYs in future then instead of single piece ,you can purchase a decent kit of T spanner with different sizes heads.
Yeah i remembered there is a bolt right below the headlight on outer side. You can remove it with ling screwdriver after removing two screws of bumper of same side ,it will creat a gap between headlight and bumper. But it is difficult . If your want to fix that panel also then its better to remove the whole bumper. Its not difficult if you have propper tools. I didn't remember how many times i removed and fixed the bumper of my alto.

I owned a Alto LX (2005-2007) Model.

1. I am facing with some problems of rattles in windows with mirrors,whenever i passed my car through a rough road,window makes a lot of noise and window mirror starts sounding

2. Pickup get lost. i repaired throttle but now the pickup sucks,it works as gas engine when running on petrol

3. Fuel Gauge Error,Already spend 1700Rs with MAD...but still error,sensor works so slowly sometimes show inaccurate reading

Help Plz

Thread Starter #157
I owned a Alto LX (2005-2007) Model.

1. I am facing with some problems of rattles in windows with mirrors,whenever i passed my car through a rough road,window makes a lot of noise and window mirror starts sounding

2. Pickup get lost. i repaired throttle but now the pickup sucks,it works as gas engine when running on petrol

3. Fuel Gauge Error,Already spend 1700Rs with MAD...but still error,sensor works so slowly sometimes show inaccurate reading

Help Plz
For rattling issue you should check winding mechanism , i had same issue with alto and was solved by replacing with new part.
For fuel gauge error , try consulting a reputed garage or MASS . May be due to faulty gauge .
Pickup issue , only experts can tell about this. Requesting Experts for help.

Compared to the price of accessories/modifications done by you like - Alloy Wheels, new R13 tubeless tyres, new woofers/amplifier, arm rest console etc. After that selling it with only Rs 4k more hurts. Maybe you could have kept d Alto for some more time as condition seemed good. [surprise] But anyways congrats for your new car. Please share if you happen to do some DIY's with your new car.
Btw just to share a small DIY from my side. I have just installed 6 LED 18W led offroad light single piece connected to one side of the parking light on the front bumper (at the same portion of the bumper where you have installed the DRL's but I did in the middle as only single piece). Didn't drill a hole, just used double sided tape and zip ties to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #159
Compared to the price of accessories/modifications done by you like - Alloy Wheels, new R13 tubeless tyres, new woofers/amplifier, arm rest console etc. After that selling it with only Rs 4k more hurts. Maybe you could have kept d Alto for some more time as condition seemed good. [surprise] But anyways congrats for your new car. Please share if you happen to do some DIY's with your new car.
Btw just to share a small DIY from my side. I have just installed 6 LED 18W led offroad light single piece connected to one side of the parking light on the front bumper (at the same portion of the bumper where you have installed the DRL's but I did in the middle as only single piece). Didn't drill a hole, just used double sided tape and zip ties to fix it.
I had spent around 40-45k on my alto for various accessories . Sad thing is added accessories doesn't fetch any extra resale value. Actually i was not thinking to sale my alto for more 2-3 years. But when i saw that monster and a single test drive was enough to change my mind.
Good that you are trying DIYs on your car. I think you should refit your LED light with proppet fitting , otherwise children or any one can steal that easily .
I have done 3-4 DIYs on my optra. One of them is here

Hi TAI-GERs
I am back with an interesting DIY.
Going to convert my car key to a flip key.
First of all i want to thank our locksmith Mr. Harison keys for his inspiring posts in this thread.
I placed an order for flip key online and paid rs. 1800. Mr. Harison keys is very kind. He answered all my questions Doubts. I received my key in 2 days. Got one additional flip key for free as surprise gift from Harison keys [clap]
DIY process :-
I took flip keys to local key maker. He cut the blades and made both the keys working for rs. 450 [surprise]. Returned back to home. I cut the original key and took the sensor out of it. Then put the autocop remote chip and sensor into flip key. [cheers]
Hello people, I own a Maruti Alto 2003 model. Autocop is installed in my car. Can i convert the key and remote into a flip key? If yes then can I use Hyundai flip key shell instead of Maruti Suzuki?

Thread Starter #162
Hello friend! Please check this thread, you will get the information required.
Hello Sir,

I have read that thread but the issue that I am facing is not addressed there as it is a Zen Estilo having similar configuration as a WagonR where the speedometer console gets two couplers vis 'K' & 'L' whereas the Alto LXi that I am working has only one coupler where I have posted the image in my earlier post.

MASS is not helping me with the ECU pin diagram hence I have turned to this thread as I have noticed a tacho in the Alto. The other issue is your Alto is pre-2007 whereas the Alto that I am working on is 2010 where there were series of changes made to save costs.

I am apprehensive if Maruti has removed the Brown wire altogether as Alto 800 does NOT get a tachometer in any variants. So if you have any idea please point out the brown wire that I must tap for the tacho to work.

Hope you have understood the problem I am facing.
PS: I am using an A-Star's tacho here.

Thread Starter #164
Hello Sir,

I have read that thread but the issue that I am facing is not addressed there as it is a Zen Estilo having similar configuration as a WagonR where the speedometer console gets two couplers vis 'K' & 'L' whereas the Alto LXi that I am working has only one coupler where I have posted the image in my earlier post.

MASS is not helping me with the ECU pin diagram hence I have turned to this thread as I have noticed a tacho in the Alto. The other issue is your Alto is pre-2007 whereas the Alto that I am working on is 2010 where there were series of changes made to save costs.

I am apprehensive if Maruti has removed the Brown wire altogether as Alto 800 does NOT get a tachometer in any variants. So if you have any idea please point out the brown wire that I must tap for the tacho to work.

Hope you have understood the problem I am facing.
PS: I am using an A-Star's tacho here.
Oh then connect the signal wire directly to Negetive (-ve) side of ignition coil. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-modifications/4537-aftermarket-tacho-meter-rpm-meter.html

Hello guys, I am trying to install after market tachometer on a 2010 Alto LXi.

Can the experienced here tell me which of these wires is the RPM signal?
Hai why you want take it from Speedo console instead of taking it directly from the Power steering module buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manufacture may not give the wiring in some cases due to cost cutting factors????

Top Bottom