Lost My Registration Certificate (RC)!

Thread Starter #1
It was time to renew my balenos insurance. Usually all these work will be done by our office staff and thats when we found out that RC is missing. It is being searched now, but could not find it. I'm afraid that its lost. Though im still searching, i need to know what i have to if i had lost it? can i get a duplicate from rto?

No need to panic!

Get a friendly cop - ask him to file a fir.

Produce the FIR at the RTO and get a duplicate RC

Just one thing , it will affect the resale of the car- silly brokers use this as a reason

We did it for our omni- the mechanic lost and he himself did all the procedure. Also the same procedure was followed for my friends spirit when we were in 11th -8 year back

350Z

Core Team
Crazy Cat, You must report an FIR as soon as possible and do you have a xeroxed copy of RC with you? If Yes, Then I think you can get another original copy on its base by RTO.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Go to the Police Station. Lodge an FIR. Attach that to the application (Can't remember the form number) for a New RC. That's it. You will get a receipt which you can use instead of the the RC for all purposes till you get your new RC.

Thread Starter #5
ilango[speed thirst];29252 said:
No need to panic!

Get a friendly cop - ask him to file a fir.

Produce the FIR at the RTO and get a duplicate RC

Just one thing , it will affect the resale of the car- silly brokers use this as a reason

We did it for our omni- the mechanic lost and he himself did all the procedure. Also the same procedure was followed for my friends spirit when we were in 11th -8 year back
Thanks Ilango! But, why does it affect the resale value?

Crazy Cat, You must report an FIR as soon as possible and do you have a xeroxed copy of RC with you? If Yes, Then I think you can get another original copy on its base by RTO.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I dont think, there is a photo copy available with me after the name transfer. The one in the car is before the name transfer. Are you sure about the original copy from RTO? I think they would give only duplicate.

Go to the Police Station. Lodge an FIR. Attach that to the application (Can't remember the form number) for a New RC. That's it. You will get a receipt which you can use instead of the the RC for all purposes till you get your new RC.
That's informative! I'll search in home and in office for the RC this week. If i couldnt find it, then i will lodge a FIR on Monday.

Thanks Ilango! But, why does it affect the resale value?

I dont think, there is a photo copy available with me after the name transfer. The one in the car is before the name transfer. Are you sure about the original copy from RTO? I think they would give only duplicate.

That's informative! I'll search in home and in office for the RC this week. If i couldnt find it, then i will lodge a FIR on Monday.

People use this as a reason to lower the price during a sale

Rto will give duplicate , Rather duplicate , it will give original rc , with a duplicate stamp across it.

Thread Starter #7
Finally found my RC. It was kept along with a car service bill by mistake. As it was enclosed with that service station cover, they could not find it all these days. Finally after my exams are over, i took some effort to make them search again and found it. Today renewed my insurance too, right on time.

Thankyou all for your replies.

Thread Starter #12
My dad was worrying about the same. He said practically its not that easy to get a duplicate RC. Anyway now i got the original itself.

Congrats buddy otherwise you would have to take lot of pains to make the lazy rto guys work.

Top Bottom