Looking To Buy a Petrol Hatchback (Rs.6.5 Lakh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Figo 1.2 Duratec or Punto 1.2 Emotion/1.4 Emotion or Skoda Fabia 1.2MPI

Threads Merged.

Re: Figo 1.2 Duratec or Punto 1.2 Emotion/1.4 Emotion or Skoda Fabia 1.2MPI

First and foremost thing , go for diesel , you will not regret.

the petrol prices are rising to compensate the diesel loss? i hope so.

i personally love the petrol cars , but the situation forces one to become a diesel fan.
you may calculate a 5000kms for a year, but after purchasing the car , your running may increase and diesel engine may help you in frequent tripping.

I am sufferening from same. owning a diesel car previously , and now a petrol. My driving has become low since and ONLY due to petrol price. its 20rs costlier .

You can register /buy the car in pondicherry.
you need to pay the bangalore(KA) road tax . you cant give the same reason of visiting bang every time.

Also KA people have a habit of breaking a tn vehicle in a riot or accident in a highway.
so registering in Tn is not advisable for you. (Ka people dont get against me , but this is the truth. Once a accident happens in highway , the tn vehicles are targeted.This is from one of my techie friend there.)

So am advising you a diesel, If you are strict that your running is just 1000kms permonth. say 12000 to 15000kms a year , petrol CAN be suggested!

Regarding the diesel engine , my choice will be the multijet engine.

like swift/ritz/punto

Since you like punto , punto diesel must be bought.

Consider diesel , since i am typing this in home , without tripping in sunday due to my petrol lancer!

Well said ilango,

I learnt car driving on petrol car but one I bought was diesel and I didn't find anything lost or feel of missing something engine response is on par with petrol.

Skoda ( vinayaka auto ) stock yard is just behind my home their maintenance cost and spares are too costly.

What ilango said about the attitude of KA people (political crowd) is correct.

I dont think punto diesel with ABS can getable with in your budget.

But remember investing on diesel is worthy according to current market fuel price.

Have you checked toyota Etios try test drive

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #34

Dear Friends,

THANKS A TON for all your valuable input, time and effort.

Ultimately I (and my wife) fixed our mind for Punto 1.4 E. (Cost 6.37L onroad in Bangalore as of now).

Dear ilango,

I am neither a KA or TN guy ( a Bangali). But live in Bangalore. SO I will do the registry in Bangalore only.

I know your concern abt the petrol price .... but cannot afford a Punto 1.3 E. :(

For 5 days in a week (to go office) I will not use this car.

It's not emergency (Doctor....) and for monthly once long week-end drive with my 1 1 month Darling! :) (Not more then 500 KM a month)

Now, I have another question.

1> The Tata/Fiat dealers charging 5500.00 as handling charge (as car transported form Pune) . Should I really pay this?

2> Should I go with leaseplan (company provided) or on my own car loan?

3> If I leave the company after 3-6 months so what will happen to my car? How I will it for it? (I donot want to leave the car with company)

Best regards,

1> The Tata/Fiat dealers charging 5500.00 as handling charge (as car transported form Pune) . Should I really pay this?
Are all the dealers charging this amount? If not, get in touch with some other dealer. This is a surprise for me since till date we have never paid any such charges for any of our cars! Dont these guys have cars in stock!

IMO its always better going for own car loan.

Well described what car to buy thread. With the kind of requirements that you have indicated within this budget, the Ford Figo overall appears to be a better choice. Depending upon flexibility of budget, you can consider Fiat too but at present within the outlined requirements between Ford Figo and Fiat Punto, only Figo ticks all those boxes.

Assuming that long drives will incur approximately 1,000+ Kilometers of monthly run. Diesel is the one to go with.

Yes, You can.

That is possible but you will require a residential proof (Of Chennai) for same.

No confirmations about the launch of Figo 1.6. However that is good if you can wait (And if also ready to consider something else other than both these cars) because new Swift is also launching soon.

Please refer to these threads, they might be of some help to you (Search the forum for more).

Ford Figo:

Fiat Punto:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Better wait for 2011 swift. As per maruti Suzuki, engine wise no change. But there is good amount of difference in the legroom and head room. As far as my opinion, swift is better than ford figo both in performance and A.S.S.

Thread Starter #37

sorry,I never like Maruti as brand...and swift .the most ugly car I have ever seen.

@Akash,

I found you are the only person who prefer personal car loan...not company provided one. Can you pl. tell me the reason?

Dear ilango,

I am neither a KA or TN guy ( a Bangali). But live in Bangalore. SO I will do the registry in Bangalore only.

I know your concern abt the petrol price .... but cannot afford a Punto 1.3 E. :(

For 5 days in a week (to go office) I will not use this car.

It's not emergency (Doctor....) and for monthly once long week-end drive with my 1 1 month Darling! :) (Not more then 500 KM a month)
Tb or ka guy doesnt matter , its the number plate that matter[frustration]

About the running , i am saying from my own experiance.

We bough a new estilo keeping in mind the running will be low.
But , thing do not remain the same always , its running became like a hell and so we sold it and got a diesel one.
and i made the same mistake again , selling the diesel and got the petrol lancer. and now am suffering to worse.

for monthly 500kms the petrol is best option! But think what if the running becomes more.
we have a car , so why not explore!! what if , if your mind changes this way.
what if the petrol price increase by 10rs in few months. and diesel being just a re1/- more than present price.

Am saying this because , when we bought the estilo , our calculation were same , its just within pondicherry [not regular]and seldom to chennai and yearly a tour. hmmm but after buying them , the odo just kept rolling on.

and punto is one solid car . be it in petrol or diesel

petrol punto is one hell fun to throttle the max

Thread Starter #39

Thx ilango,

any comment on :

3> If I leave the company after 3-6 months so what will happen to my car? How I will it for it? (I donot want to leave the car with company)

Thx ilango,

any comment on :

Check clauses with your leasing company. If you are planning to leave withn 3-6 months best avoid to take lease option. In normal scenario to get the car you need to pay a hefty amount (usually rest of the car price) + penalty at a time. So be prepare for that

i would say +1 to all of Ilango's above statements! Try to stretch your budget and get a Punto D IMO , you never know how much your driving will increase after you get a car.

See my case i have clocked 23k KMS in just 18 months in my Verna , and my car has not gone for any long highway trips too!

But if you are very sure your running will never increase go ahead with the 1.4 Punto will be surely cheaper to maintain than a Fabia.

Thread Starter #42

Sorry, I cannot spend more then 6 L. (+20K max.).

In this I cannot afford 1.3 Emotion. So, cannot but a 1.3. :(

@krish199,

Yes, U R right. I will not go through my company.

Now I need to wait can see if anf GP 1.2 Emotion pack version comming or not.

Anyway GP 1.2 > should I go for it? What is the engine feedback?

So , you want a diesel and budget is a constraint.

try looking for punto in 2nd hand market , where some buy and sell immediately due to some reasons like leaving country etc.

hope a swift ldi sit in your budget comfortably
swift vdi cost 5.30 (Pondicherry)
punto diesel base model cost 5.95 here

Thread Starter #44

@ilango[speed thirst],

I had bad exp. with a 2nd hand fiat padmini 15 years ago (My Dad bought that). Now me and my family donot like 2nd hand. so cannot..

To me swift is one of the ugliest car in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom