Looking To Buy a Petrol Hatchback (Rs.6.5 Lakh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #271
For people looking for Petrol Hatchback (6.5L)

Hello,

I am a Fiat Punto Lover and searching for a petrol hatchback for long time.

Why petrol : Cheaper to maintain in long run, smooth, lower investment
Why Hatchback: Low cost, my use will be low : 500 - 800 KM / month (MAX.)

But Punto 1.2 has only ONE issue : the very slow pickup. And I am not ok with that. [frustration]

Punto 1.4 is out of my reach .

My reach : 6 - 6.5 L MAX.

So I started looking for other options in petrol including sedans!

But nothing matching my/our check list.

Either we like the car but out of my reach or we donot simply like the car.that's all.

Finally just few days ago visited Mahandra showroom, near silkboard, in Bangalore. We checked Verito D4 but we are interested in G4 only. (Will take TD as soon as they can provide me a petrol version)

External : Classic Sadan,boxy. But I am OK with the looks.
Internal: Too simple, no fancy things, enen no tilt steering.

Comfort : Best in class. I never ever saw such comfort seating for 5 .never
build : Quite good. much better then maruti and hundai.

Driver's view is nice too. Boot is huge.

I see in this forum that a lot people ask for best petrol hachback.

My question is if I get this can in 6.25 L onroad in bangalore then why I will go for a small hatch back?

Please comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: For people looking for Petrol Hatchback (6.5L)

If you want a petrol hatch, dont buy the Punto. Why not buy the best petrol hatch - Honda Jazz? It is simply amazing.

Or else consider the Swift and i20 too, but these are overpriced.

Thread Starter #274

If you want a petrol hatch, dont buy the Punto. Why not buy the best petrol hatch - Honda Jazz? It is simply amazing.

Or else consider the Swift and i20 too, but these are overpriced.
Now my question is if in 6.2 L I get a good sedan (Verito G4) then why should I go for a hatch back in the same price (figo/i20/punto/jazzz../swift/polo/fab/etc....) ?

Now I am reaching to final selection point.

Only two contender :

1> Verito G4 Petrol
2> Punto 1.3 Active

Both within 6.5 L range in bangalore.

So now hard to decide in between two.

MY use / month : 500-800 KM max.
Want to keep for long term ..want low maintaincost, VFM, trouble free car.

Help needed to decide.

Now my question is if in 6.2 L I get a good sedan (Verito G4) then why should I go for a hatch back in the same price (figo/i20/punto/jazzz../swift/polo/fab/etc....) ?
Do you need the Verito's boot? If no, then the answer is simple -

The hatchbacks are much more modern cars than the Verito and has much more to offer, except the rear room legroom.

The feel good factor you need in a car is not present in the Verito. So just dont buy the Verito because it is a "sedan".

1> Verito G4 Petrol
2> Punto 1.3 Active
Out of these 2, I would select the Punto.

By the way, Punto 1.3 is diesel. Punto Petrol is 1.2 or 1.4

Thread Starter #276
Urgent help needed on Punto 1.3 Active.

Dear all,

Due to urgent need I decided to go for Punto 1.3 Active through Lease Plan (through my company).

Pros:

1> No money need to pay now.
2> Roadtax+registration+ insurance for 3 years paid by company (If I stay for 3 years more)
3> Tax saving

Cons:

If I left the company with in 3 years , I have to a good bulk amount

Question:

In one side my company will pay the 1st year ( and next 2 years) insurance and in other hand Fiat offering 1st year insurance free.

Now can I ask the Fiat dealers to give me the 1st year insurance (20K approx.) + 7K corp. discount and reduce the Onroad price? and charge the 1st year insurance from my company?

What do you think?

Thanks,

Re: Urgent help needed on Punto 1.3 Active.

Now can I ask the Fiat dealers to give me the 1st year insurance (20K approx.) + 7K corp. discount and reduce the Onroad price? and charge the 1st year insurance from my company?
If you do so, effectively you are forgoing the free insurance offer. i.e, your company is paying the insurance amount to Fiat. Ask for further reduction of On road price (i.e after reducing insurance and corp discount)

Thread Starter #278
Dear Friend,

Thanks a lot for your reply. :)

Well, as Insurance and roadtax+registration will be paid by company so I have no control there. Also I will not pay 1 ruppe also at the time of booking. LeasePlan will do the needful +PDI+ so many things.

I have one more question. In my native calcutta the road tax in for 5 years and only 32 K. Can I register the car there and run in Bangalore with WB number?

If this possiable then if I leave the company in next 1-3 years then I have to pay small amount to company. as road tax in bangalore is too high.

Thread Starter #279
Guys,

Leaseplan told me not to take the free insurance offer and if possible than to take cash discount.

I am getting 9 K for Insurance + 5K copr. discount= 14K cash discount on Punto 1.3 active. Is this a good bargain?

I will not pay for anything extra then base price+vat+roar tax&registration.

Got offer of 642379.00 in Bangalore. Sholu I get more / ask for free things like autocop etc?

Guys,

Leaseplan told me not to take the free insurance offer and if possible than to take cash discount.

I am getting 9 K for Insurance + 5K copr. discount= 14K cash discount on Punto 1.3 active. Is this a good bargain?

I will not pay for anything extra then base price+vat+roar tax&registration.

Got offer of 642379.00 in Bangalore. Sholu I get more / ask for free things like autocop etc?
Is this the final OTR quoted? then this is the best price you can get your Punto. Push him for more freebies.Also ask him the manufacture year of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom