Looking To Buy a Car For Learning. Need Help!!

Thread Starter #1
I have been waiting to own a car for years, now I want to get something cheaper and get good at driving.
I did ask suggestions to my friends and colleagues, they all suggest to go with Maruti/Hyundai/Tata. But I like how the German/European cars are praised in the community.

I like to get an Opel Corsa of 2002-2005 for around 40-50k and use it as much as I want. People say I am crazy and not to go with this idea.

I am confused, kindly help. Should I buy an Opel Corsa? If yes, what are the things I should watch out for?

I am based of Bangalore, if the car troubles me after I get it, which is the best garage I should take my car to? and what are the other things I should be aware of?

Thanks for your help & guidance !

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@VigneshSP Opel Corsa is an outdated vehicle to learn driving on. I would rather suggest to get a contemporary car like Kwid AMT or an Alto AMT. Reason for suggesting the AMT is that considering the Bangalore traffic and even as ease of driving, better would be to go for an AMT / AT in future. So, for the sake of your future car ownership, learn driving on an AMT or a used AT vehicle.

Regards
Akash

350Z

Core Team
I like to get an Opel Corsa of 2002-2005 for around 40-50k and use it as much as I want. People say I am crazy and not to go with this idea.

I am confused, kindly help. Should I buy an Opel Corsa? If yes, what are the things I should watch out for?
Cheap and European are antonyms. Not that Japs are any inferior but that’s a topic for different debate. It’s best to avoid an Opel or a car of any discontinued marque for that matter. Upkeep of an Opel was expensive during its own time. It’ll be difficult to source the spare parts of one as well as to find a mechanic who understands the car well. If you’re keen to get a used car then look out for good examples of Honda City, Nissan Sunny and likes. There are more options available amongst hatchbacks (including VW Polo) and have greater probability of newer and lesser run models. Please refer to this link for Inspecting a Second Hand Car – An Exhaustive Guide.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom