Looking for a Used MODIFIED Car: Bought Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi

Thread Starter #1

Ad!tya

Suspended
Hello everyone.

Recently, few weeks back, I sold my 'Totally Stock' Ritz VDi(pre-owned) because of the problems it was giving. Being a used car, I never expected it to be totally reliable, but the expenses went higher and higher each day. To name a few, first day, the wipers were not working, next day the horn, next day the headlight and finally on the day we sold it, the car wasn't starting and AC wasn't working! Hell![lol]

Then also, with 77k kms on the odometer, it fetched us a nice Rs.290000!

Till then, I was using the Alto and my brother was using the Ritz. Now since he cannot manage to travel with his office friend all the time, he made a requiest to Dad for a new car. Answer was 'NO'![lol]

After eating brains of mom-dad, we finally arrived at a conclusion that brother will get a used car till november 2012!

Since brother loves the way a modified car looks (like mine![:D]), he also made his mind to get a 'MODIFIED' car!

BUT

My office is far away than brother's office, so, there's a possiblity that the car will become MINE and brother will use the Alto and get a bike (220/R15) in 2013! Brother is okay with this, so I am 100% sure that I will get this car!

Here are more details:

CAR: Used and Modified
BUDGET: <4-4.5 Lacs (Max. 5L)
TYPE: Hatchback
FEATURES: I've already mentioned 'MODIFIED'
SEATING CAPACITY: Just space for me and woofers is more than enough!
PREFFERED BRAND: Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Tata.
FUEL: Diesel! (Monthly running = 1200 kms approx)

So, please suggest me the best from the available options.
And yes, it would be better if we purchase the car in November (near Diwali).

Waiting for inputs.

Aditya.

i really dont think you should buy a pre-modified car. one does not know how the car was treated after modifications. better buy a cheaper car stock and mod the hell out of it according to your taste.

Thread Starter #3

Ad!tya

Suspended
But I feel that a pre modified car would be better instead of getting the stock car and spending money on getting it upgraded. The used car shop from which I'll buy houses loads of pre modified Swifts and Esteems for my budget. I will get the car which has been best modified according to my taste. When I had a look from outside at those cars, they were looking perfectly in good condition.

Waiting for more opinions.

350Z

Core Team
Modified used cars are best avoided. You could consider one as long as the modifications are visual (that too limited). It’s better to look out for a Cedia in that budget.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I would never recommend to buy a pre-worshiped modified car. Let me take an example of myself. I got a few aftermarket fitments for my Indigo. The spoiler fitment was not done in proper way which led to cracks on the boot lid. Now this happened after a year, and the car was still with me, so i got the issue rectified.
However, what if the car was with second owner? His pockets would have burnt for no reason.
So imo, go for a stock diesel car, and modify as per your tastes.

Seriously buddy, don't go for modified used cars. You really don't know how the car was treated after the modification. Mainly coz cars are mostly modified by youngsters (like me :tongue:) & those people don't drive the way in which the car should be driven (no offense!). Especially after the modification. They tend to get the fast & furious spirit :stupid:. So, just like your Ritz VDI, the chances of the car giving you problems are high!
I suggest you to get a good condition stock car & modify it according to your specifications after some research or by asking someone as you really don't want to ruin your ride or ride quality!

I would suggest you to buy a good used Swift diesel and do the modification by yourself. Check out used Swifts, you could see at least 2 modified swifts out of 5 you see.I mean slightly modified Swifts(either Graphics on body,broader tires and imported suspensions, air filter and tuning too)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

Ad!tya

Suspended
Ok. I agree with you all.[:)]
As I went to the used car dealer yesterday, he also adviced me not to get modified cars (with body kits, engine mods, etc) and he also hardly deals in them. He being a known guy (to whom I sold the Ritz), I thought his suggestion worth thinking on.
After seeing the comments (esp. Jihu123) here in the thread, I have changed my mind, almost, for a normal stock car, maybe with alloys, projectors, etc.
The used car dealer has 8 diesel Swifts (3 Ldi, 5 Vdi), 1 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI, 1 Indigo Manza Aura +, 1 Palio Style SDE 1.3, 3 Ritz (2Vdi and 1 Vdi abs).
All the above cars have:
1. Alloy wheels
2. Wider tyres (in Octavia, Swift and Ritz)

Will provide you with the prices quoted along with km reading and purchase year.

Waiting for suggestions among the above cars.[:D]

Well you need to provide more information those cars buddy. Like the year, mileage etc etc

And since you are looking for a hatch on a high level i woukld say go with the swift from the available ones.

vbreader

Suspended
I would buy a used lancer for less than two lakhs and modify the car. You will put the rest of the cars away from your mind once you started working on the modifications.

Thread Starter #14

Ad!tya

Suspended
Thanks everyone for the valuable inputs. [:D]

Among the cars listed by me above, the Ritz was knocked out at the first sight!
Since I would be using the car alone 90% of the time with almost no luggage except a dual subwoofer box, I have knocked out the sedans also (even Lancer) ! What is the need of a large tail even if I can manage easily with a hatchback!

Now, the hatchbacks to choose from are Swifts and Palios.
Since the Swift is far better than a Palio (looks and interiors), I have narrowed it down to Maruti Suzuki Swift.
I have already decided to go for a non-modified one and will do mods according to my taste.
The swifts available with the dealer are LDI and VDIs. LDi, being the base model, is not liked by me as there is only a small difference between the two. Vdi gives a somewhat premium feel! :stupid:

Here are the details of the Swift VDIs available-
Car - Kms - Year - Price
Swift VDi - 28000 - Jul 2008 - 320000
Swift VDi - 49000 - Feb 2008 - 310000
Swift VDi - 26000 - Sep 2010 - 380000
Swift VDi - 39000 - Dec 2010 - 365000
Swift VDi - 63000 - Sep 2008 - 314000

I am thinking of getting the 4th Swift (Dec 2010) as it is having HR alloys and nicely maintained interiors along with underbody neons (7 colors)![:D]

Rest, please advice the car you feel is the most appropriate.

The car would be purchased most probably on the eve of 'Dhanteras' i.e. 11th Nov!

Last edited:

Top Bottom