Looking for a Used Car Under 10 Lacs: Booked Hyundai Verna SX (CRDi)

Thread Starter #46

Fazer

Suspended
One of my uncles had booked a dezire and they changed their mind, I asked the dealer to shift the car to our name but the dealer refused saying we need blood relation is required
I think i should have clarified with maruti maybe i would have the car by now
No. I didn't faced such problem. The SE told me that you can get the booking shifted in your name only when the person who had booked the car earlier (i.e. my uncle) is willing to do the same. [:)]
No BLOOD-RELATION Nothing! [lol]

We did the same for our Superb booking,it was shifted on the name of my uncle who resides in Gurgoan.Skoda guys did it within minutes without speaking a single word.
Its far better and easier to transfer the booking instead of cancelling it and loosing a part of your booking amount.

Thread Starter #48

Fazer

Suspended
+1 to Vipul.

Maybe the Maruti Guys fooled Vaibhav so that the person who did the booking had to lose his booking amount..[surprise]

Thread Starter #49

Fazer

Suspended
IMPORTANT UPDATE :
(Bad News)

Dad's office is currently approx 25 kms from home (by car)..
The BOSS had purchased industrial land 2 years before (in 2010) and had informed that he will shift his office there as and when the construction work is over..
But, Unfortunately, the work will be over by August-September and the Office will be at the new place which is 55kms from home!!!
That means DAILY RUNNING = 110 KMS Minimum!!
The Office will remain at the new place for the next 5 years as BOSS has signed a Contract (5 yr Rent on the Old office) with the buyer..

Therefore, We will have to cancel the Booking of the VERNA..[:(]
Why?? The Place is 55 kms away and 35KMS HAVE NO ROAD[cry]..Just Mud/Rocks/Bricks/Construction material (Reta, etc)..
It would be difficult to handle a sedan there..BOSS has a Q5..Therefore, NO PRoblem while travelling..

So, WE WILL HAVE TO THINK AGAIN FOR BUYING A CAR..This time an SUV...

Sorry for this guys..If it would have been till 1 yr, Dad would have managed with the Verna..But, 5 YEARS are a LOT..[anger]

So, Waiting for inputs again..

NEW REQUIREMENTS :
Car : SUV
Fuel : Diesel (Because of 110kms daily run)
Monthly Running : 3500 kms approx..
Budget : Same 10-15 L : Even less expensive car with nice offroading capability will do..(No GYPSY ; Imagine CA coming to office on GYPSY!)(Preferably USED car with good offroading skills)
Features : Should have common features : ABS, Airbags (atleast for Driver+Front Passenger), AC (Climate control waala), Power Windows, etc..
Priorities (Priority wise) : Offroading Capability, Comfort, Looks, Mileage, Reliable..
Mileage : Anywhere between 10-15 kmpl
Self-Driven/Chauffered : Self Driven (We have no Chauffy!)

Waiting for INPUTS..[:)]

that's a real bad news. I expected a ownership report from you but let it be of the SUV!
Between, why are you preferring for Used Car when you can get a new one for that price bracket? [confused]

@Fazer:
My CA has a Thar...hence Gypsy is not that bad,but yes..if your father will drive a Gypsy for 110 kms daily then you will have to give him a back massage too 'daily'.Hence No-Gypsy.

Daily 35+35=70 kms of off-road driving means no Scorpio or Safari too as,they will start loving A.S.S. very soon.
Hence the cars for your father are:-
  • Bolero zlx(but no ABS or airbags),buth this car has dinosaur bones and cantake the beating thet one can't even think.
  • Used Pajero or Fortuner will be the best choice then and there are a lot of good deals available int he used car market in the 10-15 lacs price bracket.

And if your father is taking a loan then recommend him the compact SUV 'Yeti'.Its easy to handle,fun to drive,very practical and has decent off-road ability too.

Thread Starter #52

Fazer

Suspended
that's a real bad news. I expected a ownership report from you but let it be of the SUV!
Between, why are you preferring for Used Car when you can get a new one for that price bracket?
Yes, I know. No, It's not necessary that I want a Used car. I may also go for a New car, If under budget. Also, I thought that I may get better options to choose from if I go for used car (Endeavour, Fortuner, Pajero) than the New Car Market (XUV, Scorpio, Safari)
Suggest something buddy.[:)]

@Fazer:
My CA has a Thar...hence Gypsy is not that bad,but yes..if your father will drive a Gypsy for 110 kms daily then you will have to give him a back massage too 'daily'.Hence No-Gypsy.
:lol!: CA comes on Thar! Great!
Yes, I will have to give him a 'Massage' daily!

Daily 35+35=70 kms of off-road driving means no Scorpio or Safari too as,they will start loving A.S.S. very soon.
Oh. I thought that these are the only options in my budget (New Car).

Hence the cars for your father are:-
Bolero zlx(but no ABS or airbags),buth this car has dinosaur bones and cantake the beating thet one can't even think.
Yes, I was also thinking of it. But, My Family doesn't like it! How much will the Bolero Cost? What are the different variants in Bolero? :stupid:

Used Pajero or Fortuner will be the best choice then and there are a lot of good deals available int he used car market in the 10-15 lacs price bracket.
Yes. Will check out the Used car market again. A PAJERO would be a good offroader, Right? Will check them out soon and let you know.

And if your father is taking a loan then recommend him the compact SUV 'Yeti'.Its easy to handle,fun to drive,very practical and has decent off-road ability too.
No. No yeti. I saw it from the Rear yesterday in a traffic jam. Horrible! I would not buy it. Anyways, I will be doing the payment by Cash/Cheque..No loan.

No. No yeti. I saw it from the Rear yesterday in a traffic jam. Horrible! I would not buy it. Anyways, I will be doing the payment by Cash/Cheque..No loan.
you are annoying a yeti lover here [surprise] . ( But you have the same sentiments as mine [lol] Yeti is a big no no ) Pajero looks good in the chart.

Thread Starter #54

Fazer

Suspended
@Maximas : Sorry! It was just my opinion(No offence to anyone). Sorry Again.
Any suggestions for my Car? [:)]

You misunderstood my thread i am not a Yeti fan TSIVipul is ! ( GREAT fan indeed )
no need to say sorry man every one have their own view no problem.
suggestion!!!!!!!! I already said that your choice of pajero looks good get if if you could .
( Am I that bad in English [frustration] )

NEW REQUIREMENTS :
Car : SUV
Fuel : Diesel (Because of 110kms daily run)
Monthly Running : 3500 kms approx..
Budget : Same 10-15 L : Even less expensive car with nice offroading capability will do..(No GYPSY ; Imagine CA coming to office on GYPSY!)(Preferably USED car with good offroading skills)
Features : Should have common features : ABS, Airbags (atleast for Driver+Front Passenger), AC (Climate control waala), Power Windows, etc..
Priorities (Priority wise) : Offroading Capability, Comfort, Looks, Mileage, Reliable..
Mileage : Anywhere between 10-15 kmpl
Self-Driven/Chauffered : Self Driven (We have no Chauffy!)

Waiting for INPUTS..[:)]
When you can afford a new car, why opt for a used car?

1) Scorpio 4x4 Automatic (or Manual)
2) Scorpio 4x2 Automatic (or Manual)
3) XUV5OO W8 AWD
4) XUV5OO W8 FWD
5) Innova V

Take your pick.

Thread Starter #57

Fazer

Suspended
You misunderstood my thread i am not a Yeti fan TSIVipul is ! ( GREAT fan indeed )
no need to say sorry man every one have their own view no problem.
suggestion!!!!!!!! I already said that your choice of pajero looks good get if if you could .
( Am I that bad in English )
Ohh. Vipul. I thought you are Yeti fan. :stupid:
Yes, I will search for a Used Pajero once I check out the used car shops near my place.
Will keep you updated.

When you can afford a new car, why opt for a used car?

1) Scorpio 4x4 Automatic (or Manual)
2) Scorpio 4x2 Automatic (or Manual)
3) XUV5OO W8 AWD
4) XUV5OO W8 FWD
5) Innova V

Take your pick.
Yes, Raj, I am also a bit tilted towards a New Car.
But, Vipul mentioned that Scorpio/Safari are not good for 70 kms offroading per day! Will Innova be able to do hard tracks? The route is very BAD, Full of titling turns, Inclines, etc. I doubt if Innova will manage on that road.
What about the XUV? I have never been in one. So, Can't judge now. Any experiences would be helpful.

Cheers.

Thread Starter #58

Fazer

Suspended
UPDATE :
Actually, My father is a simple person and thus, was not interested in the MONSTROUS XUV, Although I like it a lot.
Also, Verna's booking will be cancelled by Sunday. [:(]
Yesterday, We (Baap-Beta ; Dad and Me [lol]) went to 'Thirty Six Toyota' and saw the new Innova. Since Time was scarce, We didn't took a TD. The Staff was great (I mean Friendly and Good Listeners) and the price qouted was-
(On-Road Delhi)
Toyota Innova E 2.5 MS 8 Seater : Rs.1025816
Toyota Innova E 2.5 MS 7 Seater : Rs.1030290
Toyota Innova E 2.5 PS 8 Seater : Rs.1080744
Toyota Innova E 2.5 PS 7 Seater : Rs.1085217
Toyota Innova G 2.5 8 Seater : Rs.1138481
Toyota Innova G 2.5 7 Seater : Rs.1134111
Toyota Innova 2.5 GX 8 Seater : Rs.1277673
Toyota Innova 2.5 GX 7 Seater : Rs.1273200
Toyota Innova 2.5 VX 8 Seater : Rs.1474810
Toyota Innova 2.5 VX 7 Seater : Rs.1470440

Since We are a family of 3, We will easily manage even with a 7 Seater. Anyway, All the VARIANTS are UNDER my budget!
I have not asked about discounts, etc. But, they said that Sunfilms, Teflon Coating, Beadings will be free. And, We also had a look at the Interiors and Exteriors. Exteriors were okay but I was impressed with the Interiors and Space.

Please suggest which model will be the BEST VFM (in diesel)?
Any suggestions/Experiences about the Innova?
Will it be able to do on BAD (Really BAD) roads?

Cheers. [:D]

Thread Starter #59

Fazer

Suspended
Any suggestions guys? Or, Should I get the Innova?

Today, Dad and I went to Hyundai Showroom and CANCELLED the booking of our Verna. Full Money WASTE!
MODS : Do edit the Title and add 'Booking Cancelled'

Last edited:
Thread Starter #60

Fazer

Suspended
Checked out used car market, just few hours ago.
They had only few cars with them (Diesel and SUVs) which were :
1.2 Tata Safari EX 2.2 Dicor (White and Black)
2.3 Mahindra Scorpio VLX 4X2 MT (White, Black and Green'ish shade)
3.1 XUV500 W8 AWD (White)
4.1 Mitsubishi Pajero SFX (White and Graphite : 2 Colour)

I checked out the Pajero.
There was a LARGE visible Dent on the Front Left Door. And, Full of scratches on either side. The Tyres were almost bald and were no more grippy on Wet surface. The Car had covered 65000Kms and was 3 Years old. Since, the price was too high, I left it.
Total Dissapointment.

No,w I am tilted towards getting a new car.
I am also keen on getting the perfect family car : The INNOVA VX, But, I doubt How it will tackle those roads!

Suggestions please!

Last edited:

Top Bottom