Looking for a Petrol Sedan!

Please have a look at Nissan Sunny. It is a very decent car . Great Leg room also . Also it is not that common so will stand out from the crowd.

Last edited:
Friends, I think he has already decided on the City.

@Raja: Yup, CE has a waiting list but if he is willing to wait till Diwali, he can surely write off a month or so for the CE. And yes, +1000 to your Rs. 40000 plan !!

Please have a look at Nissan Sunny. It is a very decent car . Great Leg room also . Also it is not that common so will stand out from the crowd.
Your suggestion is good .nissan sunny mid model will be same priced as the city ce . But then sunny is not as fun to drive like the city .

Hi All, I am new to the forum. I have kind of narrowed down to the Honda City. I will be driving 250 km a month on average. Sometimes Less. Currently own a Palio 1.2 (10yrs) and Santro (6 yrs). Palio is breaking down too often and maintenance goin up. Santro is going to my parents. Nearly booked it today but still a bit confused. Please help.
1> Manual or Automatic. Head (and wife and parents) says Manual but heart says Automatic. Am aware of the slight compromise on FE for greater driveability, however wife will be driving the new car more than I and she was not comfortable with the Auto test drive. Understand it will take getting used to. Also with rising petrol prices etc, looks like sensible thing to do is to go with the Manual. Also from a maintenance point of view. Please advise.
2> Tho' City is my "final" choice, yet not sure if should go for the new verna. Auto enthusiast friends have discouraged me and not that I am all excited with the geeky and fluidic looks. Please advice again.
(Sorry for highjacking this thread with my issues, but I thought these are somewhat related to original post)
Thanks

Please advice again.
(Sorry for highjacking this thread with my issues, but I thought these are somewhat related to original post)
Thanks
My suggestion would be. even if you have finalized
  1. Take test drive of all sedan models. Don't miss out any [City, Verna, Vento, New Linea, Ford New Classic & 2012 model, Chevi Optra]
  2. List down the pro's & cons and then make a choice

You still have a long time before booking.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Hi All, I am new to the forum. I have kind of narrowed down to the Honda City. I will be driving 250 km a month on average. Sometimes Less. Currently own a Palio 1.2 (10yrs) and Santro (6 yrs). Palio is breaking down too often and maintenance goin up. Santro is going to my parents. Nearly booked it today but still a bit confused. Please help.
1> Manual or Automatic. Head (and wife and parents) says Manual but heart says Automatic. Am aware of the slight compromise on FE for greater driveability, however wife will be driving the new car more than I and she was not comfortable with the Auto test drive. Understand it will take getting used to. Also with rising petrol prices etc, looks like sensible thing to do is to go with the Manual. Also from a maintenance point of view. Please advise.
2> Tho' City is my "final" choice, yet not sure if should go for the new verna. Auto enthusiast friends have discouraged me and not that I am all excited with the geeky and fluidic looks. Please advice again.
Thanks
Go for the city manual. My friend bought the car from a relative and he said after 4 years some parts needes to be changed for automatic. Cost : some 2 lakhs. If not maintained properly. I'm just saying what he told me.

And verna's fe is not good. I have one so just go for the manual city

Honda City is one of the best petrol sedans in India. I own a 2011 S MT. You can check out my ownership review in this forum.

AFAIK, some dealers pass on corporate discount of upto 15k on City Corporate Edition (if you are employed by a company eligible for corporate discount). In Gujarat, OTR price is around 8.30 lacs without any discounts. If you consider corporate discount of Rs. 15k, it comes to around 8.15 lacs.
OTR price of Rs. 8.30 lacs mentioned in my earlier post includes 2 year Extended Warranty + 4 year Road Side Assistance + Additional amount for Zero Depreciation Insurance. These are optional. If you do not opt for these, OTR price is around 8.17 lacs. OTR price includes some basic accessories (foot mat, perfume etc) worth Rs. 5000/-.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. When I test drove both the Cities, of course the Automatic drove very well. As for the Manual, I was not too thrilled with the gear shifts. Seemed not so smooth. Anyone else feels the same? How does the City gear shift compare to other cars in same league?

Thanks for the info. When I test drove both the Cities, of course the Automatic drove very well. As for the Manual, I was not too thrilled with the gear shifts. Seemed not so smooth. Anyone else feels the same? How does the City gear shift compare to other cars in same league?
I think couple of. Members here like dr sachin has the new city you can ask them. About the smoothness of gears.
Btw if you are wanting to buy a automatic sedan why not look in new fiesta automatic it has a dual clutch which is more advance and ford is giving life time warranty on the auto box and prices are same as Honda city . We have a test drive report of the ford fiesta automatic here on the forum from iron rock you can infact pm him and ask all the details .
I said ford new fiesta because if you need fun to drive great drives cars with great features ford fiesta is the one and it's more fun to drive then the city .
I have never driven the city auto but I have driven the new fiesta auto and it's a dream car who loves to drive .

Thread Starter #42
I am squared ANHC 2012 as my final choice.
-T-Jet though tempting, could be risky.
-Sorry but I am not a Nissan Sunny fan. A chauffeur driven car.
-SX4 will get updated anytime. Only car in Maruti's stable left with no update.
-Vento is not as fun as T-Jet or City. I feel Polo is a better buy than Vento.
-New Fiesta rear over hang is a big eyesore.
-Old Fiesta is good but I would have like the 1.6S (discontinued)

Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs. Will soon head to the bank for loan [:)].
Raftaar - AFAIK, in the long run Automatic will be an expensive choice, as parts need to be imported. The running costs are high too. I have not driven ANHC in heavy traffic but it seems the engine allows you not to change too many gears when stuck in traffic. Kindly correct me if I am wrong. Raja is right. Ford Fiesta Automatic is a better option.

I am squared ANHC 2012 as my final choice.
-T-Jet though tempting, could be risky.
-Sorry but I am not a Nissan Sunny fan. A chauffeur driven car.
-SX4 will get updated anytime. Only car in Maruti's stable left with no update.
-Vento is not as fun as T-Jet or City. I feel Polo is a better buy than Vento.
-New Fiesta rear over hang is a big eyesore.
-Old Fiesta is good but I would have like the 1.6S (discontinued)

Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs. Will soon head to the bank for loan [:)].
Raftaar - AFAIK, in the long run Automatic will be an expensive choice, as parts need to be imported. The running costs are high too. I have not driven ANHC in heavy traffic but it seems the engine allows you not to change too many gears when stuck in traffic. Kindly correct me if I am wrong. Raja is right. Ford Fiesta Automatic is a better option.
Congrats on the Honda city once you get 1 please start the ownership thread, btw which colour you selected ?

Thread Starter #44
@ Raja - Ownership thread. surely. The Corporate edition is available in just White and Silver. I don't know why, but the silver looks better in flesh than white. Also, silver is easier to maintain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom