Looking for a New Phone Again

Thread Starter #1
hey guys.
i am looking out for a new phone for my dad. my dad is not at all interested in all those bling phones with loads of features, android, S-60 and all thos blah-blah.
just a basic bar phone with a basic cam, expandable memory, mp3 player and nothing else. the budge is a max of 3k. not even a penny more(not sure how long the phone will survive). the only phone that comes to my mind is the nokia 2690. any feedbacks on the phone or any details about other models can be poured in. and please don't ask me to buy a micromax or a karbonn or a fly. i have a habit of murdering flies. [:D]

Junior your dad is just like my dad. He also prefers basic models. But insist on your dad to get a good mobile in the range of 10k , mobiles are also becoming a symbol of status nowadays!

Go to a good mobile phone dealer , you will get to know other good models too.

Thread Starter #3
thanks senior. but my dad is not at all willing to even look at higher priced phone. he keeps telling that they are not as durable as the basic hand-sets. planning to go to univercell, the mobile store and sangeetha tomorrow and i am planning to alone and not take my dad. else he'll buy one B&W phone like nokia 1209 for sure. so planning to get the phone myself. lets see what happens.

Junior your dad is just like my dad. He also prefers basic models. But insist on your dad to get a good mobile in the range of 10k , mobiles are also becoming a symbol of status nowadays!
Well, I don't really see the practicality in costlier phones, esp. when not that tech savvy. For eg., a tech savy guy, me, has had enough of his Nok X6, and wants to downgrade to an X2. In many cases, a basic phone is easier to operate and get about rather than a higher end one.

@Sri: There are not many options within your budget. If I were you, I'd stick to Nokia.

Well i agree with you on that part , basic phones are much easier to operate ,Don get hung up often , great battery life , wont break up even if you drop it 100 times!!

And ofcourse basic phones from Nokia are the best!

Thread Starter #8
oh sorry. i completely forgot about this thread. brought a nokia 2690 for 2.6k @ univercell(without memory card). IMO its the best phone within 3k. dad is quite happy with it and now even mom wants another nokia 2690. :-)

Thread Starter #10
well cjvk69, my budget was 3k and N8 costs 25k.
anyways i've already brought the phone 15 days back.
and guys, today i brought another 2690 for mom.[:D]
this time, i got a white one for 2.5k.
earlier one was graphite colour.

Top Bottom