Look what VW India did to my newspaper!!!!

Thread Starter #1
This is probably what happened this morning:
The clerks walks in, salutes, and places a bundle of newspaper on my dad's table. Dad gives them a wayward glance thru the corner of his eye. The Times of India looks unusually bloated. He opens it, and guess what, he hears a robotic voice speaking out of nowhere!!!!![surprise]
Turns out, VW has taken the pains to insert an audio device with a sensor that reads out the paragraph below the pics in the newspaper in Image 2 as soon as you open the newspaper!! Fold the paper and presto, it stops. I wonder how much VW has spent to advertise the Vento in Bangalore alone, which enabled dad to play a nasty trick on me. There was the same ad in The Hindu, minus the audio device.

Pics will speak more:

IMG 1 The paper -
210920101424.jpg
IMG 2 The ad -
210920101426.jpg
IMG 3 The device-
210920101427.jpg

Wow even Bangalore had this! Even today's Hindu paper in Chennai had this!

I was just amazed to see the efforts VW has undertaken! Hats-off to them!

Thread Starter #7
^I know that was in the sense of humour, but there is a pic in that spot.
I got the thing in TOI.
I didn't get it in THindu.

VWs Innovative Idea

German carmaker Volkswagen today took advertising to a new level with an innovative audio advertisement in print to create a buzz for its entry level sedan Vento.

Using a voice-recorded device pasted on two English dailies, the company sprang a surprise to many readers in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune and Chennai on a campaign for which it is believed to have spent up to Rs 5 crore.

"Twenty two lakh chips were specially sourced for the one time exercise. We have been working on this for the last six months in order to bring out the advertisement," Mediacom Managing Director Divya Gururaj told PTI.

Mediacom manages the media planning operations for Volkswagen, while the creatives are being handled by advertising agency DDB Mudra.

According to Gururaj, a huge workforce was deployed by the publishers of the two newspapers to bundle 22 lakh devices that played the audio version of an advertisement.

"Our aim was to be able to emotionally connect to our customers with this product and what better way than being able to directly speak to them with the aid of a newspaper," Volkswagen Group Sales India, Head of Marketing for passenger cars Lutz Kothe said.

VW described the campaign as "world's first talking newspaper with Volkswagen Vento".

The company last month announced the launch of Vento in India priced between Rs 6.99 lakh and Rs 7.99 lakh (ex- showroom Delhi).

According to branding experts it is a great idea that has been executed the carmaker.

"Given the fact that people do not buy a car for one advertisement, it is a fantastic start by the company and it been able to create a buzz about the product. It is surely a bold move to spend that kind of money on one day," Madison Group Chairman Sam Balsara said.

Source: ET

This is probably what happened this morning:
The clerks walks in, salutes, and places a bundle of newspaper on my dad's table. Dad gives them a wayward glance thru the corner of his eye. The Times of India looks unusually bloated. He opens it, and guess what, he hears a robotic voice speaking out of nowhere!!!!![surprise]
Turns out, VW has taken the pains to insert an audio device with a sensor that reads out the paragraph below the pics in the newspaper in Image 2 as soon as you open the newspaper!! Fold the paper and presto, it stops. I wonder how much VW has spent to advertise the Vento in Bangalore alone, which enabled dad to play a nasty trick on me. There was the same ad in The Hindu, minus the audio device.

Pics will speak more:

IMG 1 The paper -
View attachment 10772
IMG 2 The ad -
View attachment 10773
IMG 3 The device-
View attachment 10774

This is a wonderful marketing stratergy... German engineering !!!![clap]

350Z

Core Team
This is a good marketing move by Volkswagen to generate interest for the brand amongst the public; they would have sure spent a lot for it, but hope that Volkswagen balances their service and customer support equally well.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #11
We visited Volkswagen Palace Cross y'day to TD the Polo and Vento, and were shocked to see the overwhelming response there. The place was overflowing with prospective customers, and we had to wait for ~ 45 minutes.

We visited Volkswagen Palace Cross y'day to TD the Polo and Vento, and were shocked to see the overwhelming response there. The place was overflowing with prospective customers, and we had to wait for ~ 45 minutes.

Exactly , when i went to check out the Jetta their response was too good and courteous and offered TD immediately. I have visited several showrooms regarding our new car purchase but i would position VW at the top of all of them even above Bmw!

Top Bottom