London Taxi Spotted in Pune (More Pics Inside)

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
This car is manufactured by the London Taxi Company and is called the TX4. It’s available in UK in two variants Style and Elegance. Further information is available on London Taxi Company - Introducing the TX4 Style and TX4 Elegance

Powered by a 2.5-liter 4cyl diesel engine, the cab is designed to haul passengers and luggage across towns.

Attachments

Re: London Taxi spied in Pune

I had seen one in white at the Marriott hotel on SB Road. I reckon people in Pune will see them on road soon enough[:)]

OT - In london, it is advisable (for travelling indians) to not take rides from these taxis as they are most expensive [glasses]

Re: London Taxi Spotted in Pune

well..i always thought they are using some ages old cars!! whats name of these cars and who bought them over here??

Spotted:unkwn london cab style

Spotted this just 1 hr before while coming to office at Hinjewadi Phase-2 near Credit-Suisse Wipro campus. Looks like some cheap copy of a londan cab TX4 Hackney Carriage

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team

Good click. Similar cars were seen earlier as well in Pune but this one looks much better in white. Wonder they are here for?

Drive Safe,
350Z

This was a regular cab, when i dropped my wife and was on the way to my office, this car overtook me with passengers inside. So its doing a regular taxi business in pune it seems, it was spewing horrendous amount of black smoke. Bad Diesel! or bad driver!

It is the original one
I have more pics of the same spotted at laxmi road .
It is owned by Marriott group of hotels.
And Drive saab was quiet helpful and polite guess what he allowed me to capture interior also.

Will post the pic soon as I do not have access in Office and yes this London taxi roam in and around hinjewadi area,
Of course it is here in pune for business purpose. Transportation of guests / visitors from Marriot.
This particular beauty has (T) permit.

{Bad Diesel! or bad driver! }
Driver was very good and seems quiet knowledgeable at least the one I met.[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:

In London these are all black in color and they are specifically called as Black Cabs. I was lucky to get a ride in one of them when I was there in Jan 2009. I have pic of one of the black cab with Kingfisher airlines add will post it soon.
They have a light on the roof, if that light is on then the taxi is available for Hire.

Check this out- www.londonblackcabs.co.uk/

Re: London Taxi Spotted in Pune (More Pics Added)

Here are the pics of black cabs I spotted in London.

Black Cab with Kingfisher Airlines Advertise on a fuel station.
London_6.JPG

Another cab with some advertisement.

London_249.JPG
Notice the black cab in Black, and London Cops super bikes.
London_115.JPG

I also spotted Alto and Swift in London, but without Maruti Badge, they had only Suzuki badge. Was able to click alto from rear. Since these Brits are very particular, avoided to click from front.
London_30.JPG
London_31.JPG
That's me with Land rover near London Bridge.

London_221.JPG
Weird sports bike.
London_219.JPG

PS: I am not showing off, since the thread is about London taxi i though to share the pics.

Last edited:
Re: London Taxi Spotted in Pune (More Pics Added)

Sorry earlier pics were of poor quality, attaching good pics.

London_Land Rover.JPG

London_30.JPG

London_31.JPG

London_249.JPG

London_272.JPG

Mods: please merge posts & edit if needed.

Last edited:

Black cabs. It has a spacious rear seat with plenty of legroom.

They are called 'London Taxi' only. And I am guessing that engine is new.
They are also called as London Taxi. But the most common name is Black cabs. We have them in Glasgow and other UK cities. And yes, they are quite expensive.

Top Bottom