Logistic / Handling Charges By Dealers Are Illegal

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Are handling/logistic charges legal?

Buddy, the logistic charges are totally illegal but these Dealers do still charge them on pre-text of handling. I have had 1st hand experience of these with Skoda and Toyota. Skoda had in their price invoice charged 10K as handling for Rapid. Where as Toyota had told we can give you a bill for logistics but not an itemized statement.

If you take a stand and do not want to pay it, the dealer wont pressurize you since they too know its illegal to charge. In case of refund, one can approach to Akosha with all necessary proofs.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

With the supreme courts order, all the logistic and handling charges are illegal and have ordered every dealerships not to charge from the customers.But still this practise is very much done at dealerships be it maruti, hyundai, tata or any other companies dealership.
If you complain and go against this charges, dealer would oblidge and wave off them else they are still being charged.

Buddy, the logistic charges are totally illegal but these Dealers do still charge them on pre-text of handling. I have had 1st hand experience of these with Skoda and Toyota. Skoda had in their price invoice charged 10K as handling for Rapid. Where as Toyota had told we can give you a bill for logistics but not an itemized statement.

If you take a stand and do not want to pay it, the dealer wont pressurize you since they too know its illegal to charge. In case of refund, one can approach to Akosha with all necessary proofs.

Regards

Akash
What is Akosha?

Reviewed 2 links from Transport Department site
1. The Karnataka Motor Vehicles Taxation (Amendment) Act, 2010 http://rto.kar.nic.in/KMVTA 2010.pdf

2. Motor Vehicle Taxation Schedules Updated upto March 2014
http://rto.kar.nic.in/docs/Taxation Schedule-26-9-2014.docx

Road Tax : 18% is the road tax in Karnataka & about 1.98% (11% of road tax) is CESS Tax.. total amounting to 19.98%

My question is whether dealers are charging close to this as road tax (or) they are charging more ?
Discussed with Sales advisor in Bangalore about Handling charges. Negotiated with Sales advisor about the legal issues as well as consumer forums verdicts, which favor clients not to pay handling charges. Also added that I will pay legitimate charges with in Handling charges (like RC card and others).

Subsequently Boss (invisible to me) of Sales advisor reduced handling charges from Rs. 6500 to 700 :-). I am happy. May be this will help to partially fund for accessory purchases like Visor for windows or over head monitor.

Hopefully similar discussion may help to reduce the handling charges paid by customers to the dealers.

@ vijayvm you dont have to give the road tax to the dealers. they only ask for insurance charge as well as temporary registration charges. you have one month time to pay the road tax once you are through with temporary passing. completing 30 days you can go to the RTO yourself and ask for the charges and take a DD on the RTO name and get your registration done. hope this info helps.

Re: Logistic/handling charges not to be paid in Lucknow Uttar Pradesh ?

Excellent news. Since day one I was quite suspicious about the unnecessary charges that dealers normally include in the on-road price. I cleared up about separate break up of each additional amount before booking already. Just informed my sales person about this, let’s see how they react now.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Hi,

I have also visited at Ford show room in Uttar Pradesh and found dealer has added around 6500 rs in on road price as handling charges for Ford aspire car.
Is it valid ? : please somebody guide me..
[confused][confused]
Regards,
Jai

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
^ read reply 57. just put a complaint on twitter page that the dealer is charging handling charges and just put a website article link stating the same (google it) they will call you and remove thr charges and make sure you ask them if the dealer will call you or not.

Top Bottom