Logistic / Handling Charges By Dealers Are Illegal

Re: Logistic / Handling Charges Not to Be Paid in Delhi

Not sure of the amount, need to check the receipts. I haven't talked to my dealer regarding this, once I speak to them will update all.

freakdude.

350Z

Core Team

Stay order has been issued in concern to this matter. That's what my dealer informed now.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Update :

Just spoke to my SE over the phone only and he simply denied any refunds being entertained against the logistic charges. He even suggested I write a mail to TOYOTA to seek the same. Although i plan to visit the dealership still need your advice on how can I present this matter to TOYOTA.

freakdude.

Is it legal to levy facilitation/logistics charges by dealers

Hi
I'm buying VW POLO(trendline) and the vehicle would be delivered this week. However i'm interested to know if it is legal to collect facilitation/transportation charges by the dealer, My dealer in HYD is asking me 15k towards this.

As a fellow member(@ashikawa) of this forum pointed out it is not legal in Delhi. With a quick google search i found it is not legal to levy charges in the names of logistic, stocking, loading and unloading in Delhi. I don't know if it applicable to rest of the country.

Please see the below links in which i found the above information
Business Line : Industry & Economy / Marketing : Case against car dealers for levying

Auto dealers levy 'illegal' charges; High Court summons Transport Commissioner - Economic Times

Government to car dealers: Waive handling charges - Times Of India

If it is not legal i would like to take it to the concerned authority. But i don't know whom to complain.

any suggestions...

Thanks
yesvee

Re: Is it legal to levy facilitation/logistics charges by dealers

Just carry the printout of the notice and newspaper printout and show them and at the same time email VW cc also and threaten the dealer to refund or else you will complain about the same to the authorized body and take legal action .

350Z

Core Team
Re: Is it legal to levy facilitation/logistics charges by dealers

I'm buying VW POLO(trendline) and the vehicle would be delivered this week. However i'm interested to know if it is legal to collect facilitation/transportation charges by the dealer, My dealer in HYD is asking me 15k towards this.

As a fellow member(@ashikawa) of this forum pointed out it is not legal in Delhi. With a quick google search i found it is not legal to levy charges in the names of logistic, stocking, loading and unloading in Delhi. I don't know if it applicable to rest of the country.
No, it is not ethical to collect such charges from the customers but dealers are still doing so. I assume that you would have already paid the entire amount for the car at this point of time. Just try to resolve the matter at the dealership level itself if possible without being furious. Take the prints of these articles (Especially this: Buyers charges: FIR vs Volkswagen MD) and insist the dealer or get in touch with the sales manager. Shoot a mail to Volkswagen if the dealership does not agree. I am hopeful that the matter will resolve at this level without the need to reaching legal authorities.

Drive Safe,
350Z

all the car dealers in Bangalore/Calcutta still quoting these charges. How it is possible if it is not legal?

350Z

Core Team

all the car dealers in Bangalore/Calcutta still quoting these charges. How it is possible if it is not legal?
Lots of things happen around which should not. All it needs is to be brought to the attention of concerned authorities.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Even in Delhi Volkswagen continue to charge handling charges but now they are disguised as wax polishing and no plate charges(Rs 6000 on Polo) and these are not optional

350Z

Core Team

Even in Delhi Volkswagen continue to charge handling charges but now they are disguised as wax polishing and no plate charges(Rs 6000 on Polo) and these are not optional
That is strange. Firmly let them know that you do not want to get the waxing done and purchase the registration plates from outside. That is what I did. Ford dealer was charging Rs.800 for low-grade number plate but I managed to buy one (relatively better) from outside for half of the cost. Though make sure to discuss this stuff when the deal is on verge of getting closed otherwise the sales man could include these charges other way round in your on-road cost (without stretching much for cash discounts). BTW, May I know the name of VW Dealership in Delhi in question?

Drive Safe,
350Z

DD motors is asking for Rs 4500 as handling charges for dezire LDI ?

iS this rule applied to Mumbai/Navi Mumbai Section too ???
2 months ago we checking some car prices ( Swift , DZire , Punto 1.3 and 1.4 ) but all are giving pricing with Handling charges or Logistic charges......
so is this rule applicable to Navi mumbai or not ??

I booked new dezire LDI at DD Motors wazirpur and there will have to pay Rs 4500 as handling charges [frustration][rules]

Well i had a word with DD motors they say it allowed. Itold them i will call maruti regarding this. They said you can.
lets see what happens now. I have sent a mail to maruti today

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom