Logistic / Handling Charges By Dealers Are Illegal

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: My fight for illegal handling charges

Sir, members like you set the right example with the honest efforts for the entire community of automobile enthusiasts. A Big Thanks to Tata Motors for taking prompt action after receiving your concern and directing the concerned dealer to refund the charges to you. Ethics at it's best I would say. Thanks a lot for sharing your valuable experience with us all.

All the best for your car ownership[:D]

Regards

Akash

Removal of Handling charges from Suzuki Gixxer SF

Hi, I am interested to buy Suzuki Gixxer SF FI ABS but the dealer in Sarjapur Road, Kaikondrahalli, 9 Star Suzuki is asking 1200/ as handling charges. Although a couple of dealers I called agreed to waive it off or reduce it to a minimum, they are quite far away from home. I have requested the same Kaikondrahalli dealer to reduce the Handling charges and he asked me to wait for a day to confirm with his GM. Suzuki customer care registered a complaint but didn't act accordingly. I have had much better experience with Tata customer care in comparison. Any pointers how shall I take it forward?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Removal of Handling charges from Suzuki Gixxer SF

Hi, I am interested to buy Suzuki Gixxer SF FI ABS but the dealer in Sarjapur Road, Kaikondrahalli, 9 Star Suzuki is asking 1200/ as handling charges. Although a couple of dealers I called agreed to waive it off or reduce it to a minimum, they are quite far away from home. I have requested the same Kaikondrahalli dealer to reduce the Handling charges and he asked me to wait for a day to confirm with his GM. Suzuki customer care registered a complaint but didn't act accordingly. I have had much better experience with Tata customer care in comparison. Any pointers how shall I take it forward?
Show them this attached pic and I am sure they'll remove the entire value. Under no circumstance, the handling charges are to be charged by dealer and paid by buyer.

Public Notice.jpg

Regards

Akash

Show them this attached pic and I am sure they'll remove the entire value. Under no circumstance, the handling charges are to be charged by dealer and paid by buyer.

Regards

Akash
I told them about the Supreme Court order then the executive even went so far to say that this law does not abide them. One other Dealer said that this is taken for paying bribe to RTO. If I show them this attachment then they would certainly say that this is for Delhi only.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I told them about the Supreme Court order then the executive even went so far to say that this law does not abide them. One other Dealer said that this is taken for paying bribe to RTO. If I show them this attachment then they would certainly say that this is for Delhi only.
The underlined part, this statement is utterly irresponsible on dealer's / SA's part. I think then the other way out is getting the bike registered by yourself through RTO. It will take a bit of time and effort but you'll not pay anything that's illegal. Apart from this you may get in touch with the RTO Office to know the process and actual charges involved for registering the bike. If you still want to go with the dealer's process, suggest you to ask the SA to provide you a duly stamped receipt for the handling charges that he is charging on the dealer's letterhead. Later on, if you feel like, you may raise your concern in the consumer forums.

Regards

Akash

The underlined part, this statement is utterly irresponsible on dealer's / SA's part. I think then the other way out is getting the bike registered by yourself through RTO. It will take a bit of time and effort but you'll not pay anything that's illegal. Apart from this you may get in touch with the RTO Office to know the process and actual charges involved for registering the bike. If you still want to go with the dealer's process, suggest you to ask the SA to provide you a duly stamped receipt for the handling charges that he is charging on the dealer's letterhead. Later on, if you feel like, you may raise your concern in the consumer forums.
SA said he would provide a receipt for handling charges as well.

Regards

Akash
Knowing BBMP (Bangalore Muncipality) and RTO I suppose doing it by myself is also going to be a hassle and without paying bribe and not being a localite doing is very much a pain. Another issue is that the RTOs are atleast 15kms from my home so running there is going to be a big job for me as Mon-Sat I have office.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Knowing BBMP (Bangalore Muncipality) and RTO I suppose doing it by myself is also going to be a hassle and without paying bribe and not being a localite doing is very much a pain. Another issue is that the RTOs are atleast 15kms from my home so running there is going to be a big job for me as Mon-Sat I have office.
Then as mentioned in my above post, take a duly signed & stamped receipt from Dealer of these illegal 1200 bucks you'll pay and then if you feel fine then raise it with authorities later on.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom