Logan Tops Vehicle Dependability Study 2010

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
According to the J.D. Power Asia Pacific 2010 India Vehicle Dependability Study, Mahindra-Renault Logan was adjudged the best car in the entry midsize car segment. Have a look at the image below:

image001.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

this is not surprising. Logan sells the least in its segment so naturally lesser problems! Same goes for U-VA too!

I think its the dependability factor which made it quite popular among the cabies.

Arichit the logan sales is very high in Bangalore.
All the taxi's in Airport as well as private one's have loads of them.

this is not surprising. Logan sells the least in its segment so naturally lesser problems! Same goes for U-VA too!
but dude sales figure has nothing to do with survey I think . It will be conducted on average number of car basis correct me if I am wrong .

[clap] palio also in the list [thumbsup]

yea..i also think that this has to do anything with sales. JD surveys are taken through response of already existing owners and they could also be evenn one or two but great that logan topped reliability chart. now mahindra can add it as their usp in advertisements. [;)]

Well yeah even am confused and don what to say. They have said the survey is per 100 vehicles ( but i would like to know what terms and conditions apply that * is supposed to convey) and so the sales figures does not interfere here.

But i want to know have they compared the cars belonging to the same year of manufacture in all the segments? If not then naturally an old Esteem or Ikon is bound to give more problems than a newer Logan!

But where are the segment leaders in this list? Where is Dzire , Manza , Swift , Punto , i10 , i20?

I'm not sure about in what manner the survey was taken, but Logan is sure a highly reliable car. Though its expensive to maintain, i found that almost all cars with CRDi engines cost the same to service. Our Logan is about to clock 1 lakh km and still my dad has no idea to sell it. Even if we buy another car, i think it would serve as a car for rough use.

Top Bottom