List of Race Tracks in India

Thread Starter #1
Having some plans I am going to reveal in this thread at a later point. For these to become reality I need to know where are the tracks (circuits) suitable.

I am aware of the tracks in Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi and the track not being finished between Mumbai in Pune. I am also aware that there is not many more and that some events are held on public roads.

As the centre of the activities for the adventure is in Ahmedabad, I am particularly interested in possible locations in Gujurat to start with.

Anyone in the know of places, please enlighten me. Thanks.

Re: Race tracks in India

its still in construction even if it get completed i don't think so they will open it for general public but if they ever opened for general public i will first one to go there X)

@drifter - the first line of your post is enough to create excitement. Yes the Gautam Buddh circuit is coming up in Greater Noida. It should be ready by next month to hold the F1 race in Oct end.

I am in Pune currently, but have not heard of anything coming up around the area.

Do reveal what is your idea. I have a feeling I might be interested[:)]

350Z

Core Team

I thought the new F1 track is near Delhi.

Can you give details about those, please.
That's the Gautam Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida. You can find more details about it here (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...indian-f1-gp-buddh-international-circuit.html). Also there is another one rumored to be constructed in Goa (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/motorsports-rallies/3811-india-s-second-f1-circuit-goa.html).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7

@drifter - the first line of your post is enough to create excitement. Yes the Gautam Buddh circuit is coming up in Greater Noida. It should be ready by next month to hold the F1 race in Oct end.

I am in Pune currently, but have not heard of anything coming up around the area.

Do reveal what is your idea. I have a feeling I might be interested[:)]
Okay then, Eventually I have to reveal the plans anyway. However as this is quite an undertaking I will not go to deep into the details as yet.

I am preparing a race class of five different groups with two makes of cars. The point is to bring racing to an affordable level giving talent to prove itself on a low budget in the entry level.

Don't get over excited as yet as it still is a long way to go. I have drafted regulations and have done a lot of associated preparations, which is the easy part. The hard part is still ahead of it.

What makes it rather complicated is that you have currently only few dedicated tracks in the country and make shift tracks are not as easy thanks to authorities. However, the challenge alone justifies the effort.

Any information about any track or any place that can be turned into a track (with the permission of the respective owners and/or authorities) will bring this project closer to realisation.

Thanks for the help.

The track near Pune is a dirt track at this moment in time because the owners lack funding to complete it. As far as I know it was meant to become part of a rally school.

Anybody interested in building a race track?
I am seriously considering one, its just that the amount of investment is high enough to scare a lot of people, that said, its almost a novelty and if done properly can be a big success story for enthusiasts and for promoting some TV shows like Top Gear of UK etc, I feel we need something like this because the gasoline and diesel powered cars vanish from our beautiful earth, we must give homage to these machines

South India specially Tamil Nadu has high potential as there are lot of barren uncultivated lands and some which are extremely cheap, an example of such a track is the Karry Motor Speed way Coimbatore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxF4FS_0ckQ

One flying lap around circuit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4IdzyCPWwo

Top Bottom