List of Cars to be launched in 2010

Stylish, spacious and powerful, the all New Wagonr, much more practical than before:

Light, Zippy and affordable. One can say the Zen 1000cc is back.

Great list Zinam! I am eager to see the Renault Sandero and SX4 hatch. I don't have a clue where they are going to place SX4 hatch! but its an awesome car for sure. Renault Sandero on the hand owns a pretty decent success story. Toyota Etios hatch will definitely make things hot in the segment!

Thread Starter #19
SX4 hatch & Etios is most awaited that any other hatches for 2010.

SX4 hatch can change the fortune of Maruti after a very long time.

@ Arkin - Anyways, at the end of day, a maruti car is sold. Its just business for them. Never matters which maruti car you buy ! :)

Well, the SX4 hatch is not coming anytime soon. There is absolutely no chance of it arriving in India, for now at least. The hatchback segment is already overcrowded and MSIL have to meet with crushing demand every month, so that will be the first thing on their mind right now. Renault on the other hand have denied plans to launch the Sandero in India. The Sandero is thus, not coming either.

I think we should include the Skoda Yeti, Tata Aria and the Volkswagen Vento as the cars to arrive in 2010.

Attachments

We expect a KB12 & 1.6VVT which is doing its duty in SX4. SX4 hatch will compete with Polo, i20, Punto, Jazz & Fabia. SX4 hatch can be the next trend setter for Maruti & can beat the sales of swift easily!
I beg to differ. The i20 comes with a 1.4 AT and 1.2 MT and I'm not very convinced the i20's performance can match a 1.6VVT. The Same applies to the Punto, Jazz and Fabia. The 1.6 Polo however will face the heat.
BTW, do we guys remember the Chevy SR-V? Something tells me this is another SR-V in the making. Or will it change the mindset of the conventional buyer?

@Marun- Fiesta hatch wont be launched this year, this is for sure. I believe, its launch in india has not been confirmed by any ford official till date, hence its difficult to say anything about its launch

I don't think so. The SX4 hatch has NOT been confirmed by any Suzuki official and I believe it is mere speculation. I mean, why would Maruti want to bring in the SX4 hatch? The SX4 sedan itself isn't doing that well and hey, where would Maruti position the SX4 hatch? Below the Swift & Ritz? No chance. Above the Swift & Ritz? No chance there either. They wouldn't want to bring in a product that will not get them good sales. And MSIL know just how important pricing is in the Indian hatch market. No one will buy a Maruti hatch for Rs.6-7 lakh when the SX4 sedan is available for a marginally higher amount. It would be an absolutely ridiculous decision on Maruti's part to bring it here.
The immediate task at hand for Maruti is to successfully launch the Kizashi in India.

And yes, the Fiesta hatch is definitely coming. Confirmed news. If not this year, then early next year for sure.

Hi dude,

I am very sure that it'll be launched this year. I spoke to my friend who is working in ford back end to include this model in their system. The only thing is I am not sure when it is going to be launched. [:)]

@Marun- Fiesta hatch wont be launched this year, this is for sure. I believe, its launch in india has not been confirmed by any ford official till date, hence its difficult to say anything about its launch

Top Bottom