Lime Deposit on Car

Thread Starter #1
This happened to my car when I parked in a covered parking lot on a rainy day. It is a new apartment. After rain, the lime got washed away from the roof of my parking lot and deposited on my car. My car is black color and the deposit was not removed even after washing and shampooing several times. It looked so bad and I decided to take it to car spa. Just a week before this incident, I did my internal and external cleaning in showroom. I did a quick search in internet, they asked to use diesel, but the disadvantage is it removes the paint and glossy look on that spot. But researching again, I stumbled upon this easy method. I bought two lemons from shop after office. I went straight to the parking lot and squeezed the lemon juices on them, within 20 seconds, the lime deposit dissolved in the lemon juice and I wiped them with a soft tissue.

I don't have pictures unfortunately!

Thought it will be useful, if any of us, have the same issues, especially people parking in covered lot. Moderators please move the thread to proper place if posted it wrongly here.

Drive Safe.

I have similar prob on my car,will give it a try.It would not bother me much as my car is white.I will try & post pics if i see any results.

A similar issue was faced by our member Figoian. In his case, the issue got resolved at acre detailer.

BTW do post some pics which would help us know the amount of deposition which was there before the rectification.

Well first I want to thank "rekharam" for bringing this to my notice,since my car was white the lime stain would not be noticed but it bothered me a bit from past 2 months & it looked like bird droppings & I would have gotten the car detailed for around 3500 Rupees just to get rid of this mark.

What you will need is -
Pure Lemon juice squeezed into a Glass (Pic attached)
Some tissues,
Keep some clean water & cloth to clear some lemon run offs

In the attached pictures the deposit does not look like much but they were thick & my eye would go towards it everytime i walked up to the car in sunlight.

Step 1 - I made sure I had enough tissues with me & proceeded to add a drop of pure lemon juice to see if there was any reaction or side effects,all went well & i could see reaction & bubbles appearing.

Step 2 - After making sure that small drop had weakened the sediment enough to rub it off,I checked if the paint had a reaction to the juice,thankfully none.

Step 3 - I soaked the paper tissue in pure lemon extract & placed it over the stain as it was a curve & the juice would run off.

Step 4 - I used paper tissues to clean the soaked sediments,I had to repeat soaking two times as it was a thick layer(Pic attached).

Step 5 - Use clean water & cloth to wipe off the lemon extract that would have run off,admire your work & stain free car. [cheers] (see last pic)

The Culprit - There was water leaking from the roof & it had dripped on to my car roof for close to a day non stop before i noticed(pic attached),I later tied some plastic over the area where the leak is.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Well first I want to thank "rekharam" for bringing this to my notice,since my car was white the lime stain would not be noticed but it bothered me a bit from past 2 months & it looked like bird droppings & I would have gotten the car detailed for around 3500 Rupees just to get rid of this mark.
I'm happy it helped you. Thanks for posting the pictures. I didn't take any picture during the process as I was so excited to test if it will remove the lime settling.
The Culprit - There was water leaking from the roof & it had dripped on to my car roof for close to a day non stop before i noticed(pic attached),I later tied some plastic over the area where the leak is.
I now park in other location and check the roof often to make sure no leak.

Drive Safe!

How much does they charge to clean this?

Drive Safe!
Not sure if Akash had mentioned my name by mistake.[surprise] Though the 1st part is right that I do have this problem of stain mark in the rear windshield, but not cleared it up yet.

Should try this Lemon solution now.

Not sure if Akash had mentioned my name by mistake.[surprise] Though the 1st part is right that I do have this problem of stain mark in the rear windshield, but not cleared it up yet.

Yup, i did mention your name. But i remember one more member "Carfreak", the guy with black Alto. He also faced some problems with roof getting some stains.

Do let us know if it works,i guess placing a lemon soaked tissue would be a good way as your glass would be slant

I had this problem when i was having my M800 [ Now I have psark LPG LS ]. I did not know how to solve this issue. Then I made sure the source [ the place where the water is droping ] was not there. Every week I will check the roof and remove that sticky kind of thing with a long stick. so it will not drop any water in my car or any other car.

I know this is off-topic, any way can some one explain why the water is dropping thru that? IMO it should not be safe for the building. Some
Civil Engineers can help me on that thru private message if possible.

Sorry Moderator. If this is not relavent pls remove the second part alone.

Thanks.

unfortunately my sparky also became victim for this stain. Center of my back bumper has got it. the source is the same as leakage from the roof.

i just remember seeing some thread regarding this issue. Just not searched and find the solution. Hope by this evening let me do somehting.

unfortunately my sparky also became victim for this stain. Center of my back bumper has got it. the source is the same as leakage from the roof.

i just remember seeing some thread regarding this issue. Just not searched and find the solution. Hope by this evening let me do somehting.
Yes. I did it success fully. Thank you all for the suggestions. Now I can see my car clear.

I will post some pics tomm.

Top Bottom