Life Zestified: Tata Zest XMX Beige (Petrol) Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi

I am starting my ownership review for my beige petrol XMS Zest ..

Why i bought the car: Was getting married and wanted a new car for my wifey to commute to office

Cars Shortlisted (Budget 5 lacs initially):
a) Honda Brio : Wifey liked this funky car, and also in my budget
b) Hyundai I10 (We have dezire, so dont want another one)

Car Bought: Tata Zest XMS Revetron for 6 lacs

I started to also look at reviews of zest in this forum and other forums. The initial reviews sounded optimistic. Then decided to go for test drive with wifey, and she really liked the car. But the extra Rs 90,000 over Honda brio bothered her. But, i was flattered by zest due to the below mentioned factors and decided to up the ante to 6 lacs from 5 lacs. The reasons are:

a) I have a dezire with no safety. Since the new car was to be driven primarily by wife, I decided to have safety features like Airbags and ABS at any cost [;)]
b) Zest was attractively priced at just 6 lacs [:)]
c) It had incredible things like alloys, harmen music system etc , which is unheard of cars in this price
d) Did not go for XT model, since i felt it did not justify premium of 60k over XMS
e) The looks of the car were European , and blew me away

Why XMS Model:

a) Has Airbags + ABS
b) Alloys
c) Harmen Music System
D) All necessary accesories like power windows etc.
E) Budget did not allow to buy XT :)

Dealership Experience:

The car costed 6.05 lacs on road price . I also bought Gold AMC in this price from Autovikas Motors, Moti Nagar, Delhi. The sales experience was about average. I did not buy any accessories from dealer, as they were expensive

Things i like after driving the car

1) This car is like a tank. Seems i am lifting weights, when i try to open its door. The dezire doors look like feathers
2) Locking system for co passengers power windows
3) Illuminated keys insert place
4) Great road presence
5) 3 years free service (material and labor)
6) Airbags and ABS
7) The Harmen music system is just amazing
8) Sterring mounted music controls
9) Light indicators on side mirrors
10) Better rear space vs Dezire. Now 3 people can easily fit in the rear seat

Additional Accessories bought from local nearby shops
1) Mats 2) sun visors 3) reverse camera and sensor 4) seat covers 5) perfume 6) Seat Covers

Things which i dont like
a) There is no sound when we use central locking [sleep]
b) No touchscreen and GPS

Thats about it. This car has incredible amount of features for the price

PS: This is a blind buy and just outclasses all cars like dezire and amaze. Do it before next year to avail current discounts and free Silver AMC

Some pics of my beauty

6.jpg

7.jpg

350Z

Core Team
Re: Life Zestified - Beige XMX Zest (Petrol)

Note: Thread Now Live From TIP Zone.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Vaibhav, heartiest congratulations on your beige zest.Finally on hands now with soo much to decide first and then the long wait.
Wishing you both many happy miles with your beige and you enjoy your ride.

Thread Starter #4
All of please esnure you have got Gold AMC updated in Tata computer database for your car. Auovikas motors. took money from me and did not give it. When i gave car to Malwa for a small issue, they told it to me. Very important

Now i am running after autovikas motors, to get gold amc updated for my car.

These dealers just want to cheat any which way [glasses]

Last edited:
vaibhav, i can understand the frustrations you going thru for this error, as i replied on your new thread regarding the same get in touch with the higher authorities.Sometimes they do tend to update their system which have happened with many people not to this dealer but dealerships.
We can continue to response to your issue over here i guess rather then going over both the threads.

Hi,
Congratulations on your new TATA Zest. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
TATA has really built a wonderful car in a very good and affordable price point. This is the only car now to take TATA to sustain on Top Level.

Congrats and HNY !

Mine is XMS too and my decision process behind going for for XMS RT was similar !
Can you pls quote the price you paid of accessories you mentioned which you bought from nearby shop ?

Thread Starter #14
Update:

a) Total Kms done - 1400
b) Average mileage - 10km/ltr

Done with the first free service. Happy

Top Bottom