Leh on Nexon

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
The pics are really beautiful.I can imagine how much beauty your eyes must have seen in this trip,when the pics have come out so good.
We all wish that we attain such feats in our lifetime,but it is always difficult.

When you are young,your body is very very fit,and you don't tire easily. But experience and patience is zero. Also no money in pocket.So you make trips with friends to pool resources. Parents don't agree with you mostly. Responsibility is very less or not at all.You like to take risks. So I salute to whosoever has done all this at young age.

When you are in middle age,your paunch is coming out,and you aren't that fit, but money is in your pocket. And children are small,so no school and tests headche.But you are worried to the core for your as well as your children's future.You want to save for it. You don't want to take risks.So I salute to whosoever has done all this at middle age.

When you are old, money no problem,but still you have to save for old age. Body is not fit at all with aches and pains of old age all over the joints.You tire out very easily and can't run up every hillock just for the heck of it,like in young age. But no headache of children,as they are all settled with their own families. No responsibility as you have already fulfilled most of it all your life.You are simply not worried about risks that much. So I salute to whosoever has done all this at old age.

So it's never easy you see!!

Last edited:
Agreed. Wonderful adventure and well done, sir.

Also, you have concluded very quickly in your narration. But I expect, on the return journey you were more keen to get home as quickly as possible rather than spending more time at hotels or sightseeing etc.

Thread Starter #33
Here are some statistics of my Leh on Nexon drive.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I find some toll plazas are missing in the Excel sheet downloaded from Paytm site. Even now, those tolls are not deducted. I don't know when they would be deducted.

For Eastern Peripheral Expressway, toll was deducted from FASTag. But, for Western Peripheral Expressway, I was asked to pay cash.

In MP, from Chittorgarh, I paid the tolls in cash. No FASTag in those toll plazas.

The expense account does not include our shopping of shawls and carpets at Kullu.

Concluded.

Thread Starter #34
The pics are really beautiful.I can imagine how much beauty your eyes must have seen in this trip,when the pics have come out so good.
Thank you very much for the compliments and appreciation, Doc.
Wonderful adventure and well done, sir.
Thanks a lot.
Also, you have concluded very quickly in your narration. But I expect, on the return journey you were more keen to get home as quickly as possible rather than spending more time at hotels or sightseeing etc.
After leaving the Chittorgarh Fort, there is nothing to narrate other than the bad roads, diversions, traffic jams, etc. In the beginning too, I covered Chennai>Bairagarh in one post for the same reason.

It is an inspirational journey @J.Ravi. I salute your strength and enthusiasm for driving so long distances that too non stop.

on the right side of 40s I had reduced a lots of driving but your travelogue has inspired me to kick my self back to travelling.

Cheers !!

SG

@J.Ravi, it was truly a great write-up with lots of photos and experience you have shared. You can hardly find any post which has so many minute details into it.
Kudos to you, to your better half and the Nexon [clap]

Your post made me Join TAI-Forum [thumbsup] and this is my very first message [cheers]

Thread Starter #41
it was truly a great write-up with lots of photos and experience you have shared. Kudos to you, to your better half and the Nexon.. Your post made me Join TAI-Forum and this is my very first message
Thanks a lot for the compliments and appreciation. Welcome to TAI. Have a nice and pleasant stay here.

Last edited:
@J.Ravi, I see that you have done some really long stretches on your trip. [surprise]

Chennai to Sagar - 1558km in 27hrs
Sagar to Bairagarh - 1381km in 33hrs
Manali to Pune - 2062km in 50hrs

How was the experience? How did you managed? Didn't you felt, to take a halt for a big nap [sleep]?
I know I am asking lot of questions[confused]. But will surely love to hear from you about this experience and about the comfort level Nexon provided.

Thread Starter #43
How was the experience? How did you managed? Didn't you felt, to take a halt for a big nap
In all my long drives, I take power-naps and rest in between. Apart from that, refuelling, food breaks, etc. do give me ample time to rest. The Manali-Pune drive could be my longest drive without overnight stay. I had stopped for more than an hour to visit Ajmer dargah and six hours to visit Chittorgarh fort. I slept when the sound-and-light programme was going on! If I start yawning continuously or I could not concentrate on the road, I stop the car at a safe place for a power-nap. Sometimes, my power-naps extend to a couple of hours too.

Top Bottom