Leh - Ladakh Road Trip in Mahindra Scorpio

Well well i got it late here anyways,
Avinash Extremely engrossing photos and a fantastically detailed Travelogue [clap]

This forum doesnt allow Swearing, else i had so much expletives to shower in admiration to you.

My next years Leh - Ladakh is decided, i'll break this news to all my family members and relatives very soon, and certainly your thread will make them seal the decision instantly.

Thank you again.

Well, the return journey is somehow always tiring as you leave the heavenly lands and get set to to return to the bedlam. I say you made good time mate.

One question did you ever give any chance for your uncle to drive

Hi avindu, Just gone through your log hats off to you and uncle for your spirit and courage i understand how tough this was but you both are brilliant.

Excellent narration and pics, thanks for sharing so many useful data with all of us. This surely is among one of my favorite log i read.

Regards,
TG

Avindu,

I have just finished all the pages of this thread which made me to travel with you all the way virtually !![clap] excellent travelogue I read first time in my life. Kudos to you and your team and the Black Scorpio !! it really exhibits its capability in such terrains.

I always have this dream to go to Leh and see that beautiful lake there in blue color !! either by road or something else, but for sure.

I would like to know from you, what all the precautions to be taken before this journey for people who go there what kind of difficulties by healthwise and precautions if go by a vehicle on road. I hope which will be useful for lot of people like us and wish I could do something like that soon !! if God allows me to do so

Well guys it isnt late at all. Our man Avinash got Leh'ed yet again. I hope he will be coming up with the travelogue sometime soon.

Dear avindu, your post about your Ladakh trip has inspired me tremendously. Recently I have acquired a SUV and very seriously planning a trip. Since I am from Bangalore is there anyway I can meet up with you. Your may PM me. Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Avindu,

This is the best narration and realistic adventure story I have read till now.I kept on reading till the end.Also smoked in suspense.You have have done a very ggod job.It requires immense courage to go on a such trip[clap][clap.I am really really impressed.You have proved the world that you are one fine driver and a super adventuruous person mate...Thanks for sharing your experience.Beleive it or not today I came to office and just kept on busying myself reading your post....[clap]

Please some one let me know about the real world FE figures of Scorpio in city. I drive 800 kms per month and need a decent mileage of 11kmpl in city.I would like to have the comfort of an SUV as my running is low. I am thinking of 2014 Scorpio. But if the FE is 9-10 kmpl I will surely stay away from Scorpio. Please help me by letting me know the real world figures. I also heard that 2014 Scorpio is also fuel efficient than previous gen.

Avinash!

This one is yet another EPIC.
I was going through the TL by smooth_rider yesterday and was amazed.
I find another one today (and this was done even before).
Hats off to you. Keeping going.

Truly enjoyed the entire Travel with you.
Really impressed with Uncle for showing so much of nerve and commitment.

I hope to do a similar trip from Chennai in the near future.

Oooops, its a complete heaven. Very nice Photography and great achievement. I am just new here, so Avindu, please accept my Congratulations to both you and for your uncle. I wish to be there too with my dark pony (S4+).

Dear Avindu,

Awesome pictures and wonderful travelogue.
I am planning my visit to ladakh, will ping you fine tune my itinerary.

Regards

Top Bottom