LED or LCD TV? (Bought LG Smart TV - Pg.12)

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends,

There is a urgent need for me to buy a LED or LCD.

My requirements are

32"
good trouble free brand
considerably good sound
good pixel rate, view quality
minimum features like USB playing and others
I am not particular about internet on tV
budget, around 30000/-

So based on the above, my question is is LCD with full HD is good, or LED with HD ready is good. Which is better edge type or other one

Please also suggest me with your best experience as the this will be used for long time.

In my view the brand liking is

Samsung
LG
Sony
all others[:)]

Please suggest as the query is urgent

Re: LED or LCD !! Urgent

Undoubtedly Samsung LED TV.
I don't know the model number, however we had gone for 46" Full HD-1080P(progressive).
HD ready means resolution upto 720p.
The set top boxes are capable of 1080i(interlaced).
Until its 40" and above there is no need for one to go for HD set top boxes.

Since you are investing once its better to go for LED.
Samsung are segment leaders when it comes to TV.

Samsung even in lower range plays almost all the videos through USB(Full screen) as against in Bravia earlier it used to play video only on a small portion of screen.
That was 2 years back, take some videos in pendrive and check the capability of the videos it can play.
Minimum they will have atleast 2 USB port, Optic Port, and 2 HDMI ports.
I am sure you will go with Samsung.

Once you visit a showroom, the greed for more occurs and you end up buying beyond the budget.

Last edited:
Re: LED or LCD TV!! Urgent

Hi Gurrala,
Go for LED tv & watchout for the "FRAME RATE"
In LG tv's you get the "TRU MOTION" feature which is basically 200Hz frame rate. It will be like seeing a window with live people instead of regular tv's.

Sorry I dont know which is the best one available as of now. But go for LED & have a look at these
1. Wider viewing angle
2. Higher frame rate
3. USB play - try taking a pen drive with .mkv, .avi, .mpeg2, .mpeg4, .dat video files & try playing it there in showroom itself.

OT: One of the toughest things for any monitor/tv to display clearly is flow of water (like a wave or waterfalls etc.

first of all you need to look at the requirements.

if you are going to watch it only viewing cable in SD(standard definition)

in that case an HD ready tv will serve you better with much sharper image quality than a full HD tv for SD quality .

for a 32 inch tv an full HD tv will be a waste unless you watch a lot of HD content through USB like movies which are full HD ones.

you need to streamline your preferences to give you a better choice.

Ad!tya

Suspended

I bought a Panasonic LED Tv (Model: 32X33D) for Rs. 29000 some time back.
Since it has not given me ANY problem till now, I would like you to have a look at it.
Choosing LCD or LED depends. If you are using normal cable, then LED is also not up to the mark. But, if you have a set top box, then I will that you will like even the LCD Tv.
In your budget, I would suggest you the same TV which I have. It has 2 USB ports, 1 SDHC slot and other standard features.
Also, I was qouted 40k for Sony Bravia LED with ditto same features.
The only drawback in my TV is the looks! The speakers are embedded just below the screen and are visible too. The worst thing is that the speaker area is not glossy as the other parts!

I don't think that you will be able to go for the TV which we suggest. The choice changes immediately when the shopkeeper is in front of you!

LCD = The liquid crystal display has much difference in color ratio and energy consumption.

LED = The colors are much better than LCD, Sharp and Sexy. Energy consumption is lower than LCD.
LED's are much thinner in size than LCD.

I'd recommend LG Brand for its true motion rate. I have 3 LED's including my recent one ( 55" 3D )
Their support is pretty decent from my experience.

But if you're planning more than a TV. If you want to use smart tv apps. Go for Samsung. They have the best interface that is faster in response than LG.

Check this model with your nearest dealer: LG 32LS4600

LG 32LS4600 is 32" LED with FULL HD with 3 HDMI and other sexy features.

Price is around: 31 - 32,000 Only.

Note: If you go for full HD Television. You should get a HD DTH set-top box for actual Full HD clarity. Buying a full HD tv without HD DTH is pointless. you won't have that full HD experience on channels.

Just my 2 cents

Happy buying!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hai sir same requirement for our family toooo[:)]
Forget LCD go only for LED.
My suggestion go for sony or samsung
In my family my dad and mom are die hard sony fans and me tooo.
Myself searching for smart tv.
Small suggestion if your going abroad or any one coming from there ask them to buy you can get more features in low price.
you can bring them with international warrenty toooo.
even my friend does the same.
Size try to buy 40+ because we used to buy tv and use it atleast for 6 years so try to increase your budget and get good model.

I also suggest you to purchase LED tv and considering the future I recommend full HD tv as we don't purchase them so often. I am currently using 2 Sony and 1 Samsung LCD tv and quite satisfied with them. I prefer Sony due to its sheer quality and will vote for same.

Last edited by a moderator:

I remember you do frequent foreign trips. If that's the case you can postpone your purchase for now and plan for the Tv purchase whenever you plan for a trip to bangkok or thailand.
You would be getting the latest model with the best prices. Some of Them cheaper by more than 50% of the prices retailing in india.
Higher forex rates too not helping our cause.
Try going for a 40+ HDTV preferably sony with your current budget.
You would need around one month to adjust to the bigger real estate. Later even that size would feel smaller to you.

Personal experience.

Thread Starter #12

first of all you need to look at the requirements.

if you are going to watch it only viewing cable in SD(standard definition)

in that case an HD ready tv will serve you better with much sharper image quality than a full HD tv for SD quality .

for a 32 inch tv an full HD tv will be a waste unless you watch a lot of HD content through USB like movies which are full HD ones.

you need to streamline your preferences to give you a better choice.
Thank you for your suggestions, please clarify me these

1. What is SD quality
2. Please suggest LCD or LED

Are you serious on these suggestions, please eloborate

Thread Starter #13

I bought a Panasonic LED Tv (Model: 32X33D) for Rs. 29000 some time back.
Since it has not given me ANY problem till now, I would like you to have a look at it.
Choosing LCD or LED depends. If you are using normal cable, then LED is also not up to the mark. But, if you have a set top box, then I will that you will like even the LCD Tv.
In your budget, I would suggest you the same TV which I have. It has 2 USB ports, 1 SDHC slot and other standard features.
Also, I was qouted 40k for Sony Bravia LED with ditto same features.
The only drawback in my TV is the looks! The speakers are embedded just below the screen and are visible too. The worst thing is that the speaker area is not glossy as the other parts!

I don't think that you will be able to go for the TV which we suggest. The choice changes immediately when the shopkeeper is in front of you!
Thank you for the suggestion. If my need is only TV and it should play more number of formats like mkv and all and also it should play with a USB.

LCD = The liquid crystal display has much difference in color ratio and energy consumption.

LED = The colors are much better than LCD, Sharp and Sexy. Energy consumption is lower than LCD.
LED's are much thinner in size than LCD.

I'd recommend LG Brand for its true motion rate. I have 3 LED's including my recent one ( 55" 3D )
Their support is pretty decent from my experience.

But if you're planning more than a TV. If you want to use smart tv apps. Go for Samsung. They have the best interface that is faster in response than LG.

Check this model with your nearest dealer: LG 32LS4600

LG 32LS4600 is 32" LED with FULL HD with 3 HDMI and other sexy features.

Price is around: 31 - 32,000 Only.

Note: If you go for full HD Television. You should get a HD DTH set-top box for actual Full HD clarity. Buying a full HD tv without HD DTH is pointless. you won't have that full HD experience on channels.

Just my 2 cents

Happy buying!

Cheers!
Thank you, I may not go for DTH immediately but at a later stage if I want to go for it, then I should have a TV which delivers that clarity.

Please tell me more about that LG LED which you have suggested

I remember you do frequent foreign trips. If that's the case you can postpone your purchase for now and plan for the Tv purchase whenever you plan for a trip to bangkok or thailand.
You would be getting the latest model with the best prices. Some of Them cheaper by more than 50% of the prices retailing in india.
Higher forex rates too not helping our cause.
Try going for a 40+ HDTV preferably sony with your current budget.
You would need around one month to adjust to the bigger real estate. Later even that size would feel smaller to you.

Personal experience.
Superbad, I used to do lot of foreign trips till 2009 due to the company where I have worked. No foreign trips these days. The issue is I am just TV less from today as I have given off my TV to my parents today as their TV become old and not working properly, so I have to finalise and buy a TV within next 2 days

Get LED FULL HD TV from Samsung, LG or SONY.
Which is the best in these three brands and why

I would suggest to go for Sony BRAVIA, you will never regret it.
I am using an ONIDA 26" in Bangalore for last 1.5 years and 26" SONY Bravia in my hometown for last 7 months. I am sure that the quality of Sony can never be matched by a Samsung or Onida. My both TVs are full HD version and viewing angle of Sony is much impressive as it practically offering what they demand (96 degree). I think no other TV will give you such precise images in angular views.
And for that, LED or LCD?: LED may cost slightly more but consumption will be 50% les than LCD. While LCD scores in true colors, LED offer you comparatively more lifetime with dynamic color quality. Surely an LED TV.

Last edited:

I will prefer Sony>Samsung>LG.
Sony for good picture quality and great after sales service.
Samsung for brilliant color reproduction.
I will also suggest to read this article
LED VS LCD TV

Top Bottom