LED or LCD TV? (Bought LG Smart TV - Pg.12)

Thread Starter #31
Re: LED or LCD TV!! Urgent

+100 Deceptron

I have the same thoughts like you and cut it short again, now think for a while and suggest me a brand and model, I am not fan of any brand and not against to any brand. So keeping this in mind, please offer your suggestion please. Ofcourse you are absolutely right that after going to the shop only our thinking will change. but you know something !!

If you go to a multi brand store, each store fellow will favor a brand and keep on pulling you towards that, I find that is the biggest trouble. If you go to a exclusive brand store then he keep saying in whole world his brand is good and others are crap !! of course he is a sales guy so he is doing his job. Most of the shop fellows play some good blue ray DVDs where every TV looks good in shop and after bringing it home, then the real picture will come.

This is the main reason and I am spending more time on TAI for research than on the web or direct showroom as I get straight owners view here

Last edited:

For your convenience
samsung 5 series the model name starts with e where the alphabet changes with every generation.
Incase you find a d model you can ask for more discounts since its production is stopped.
The LG the one suggested by decep****. If you go for the L k 430 or the 450 models ask for more discounts since they are two year old models.
Same goes for the Cx 430 series with sony, they are old gen lcd. Specifically the tvs which mention the BE3 engine or the bravia engine 3
The newer ones are the Ex520 ones with X-reality engines.

Hope i did not add to your confusion.

Thread Starter #33
@Superbad

All these models are LCDs or LEDs ??

IMHO... to cut it short.

*Your budget + LG = LED / 32" / FULL HD / Features = Good Choice.

Sony is better in quality ofcourse. But i suggest sony only if you're going 40 or above...

Samsung is same as above... I'd suggest Samsung for its Smart TV Features and faster response compared to LG Smart.

LG, Samsung, Sony and other top brands... all are best. No one would buy them if they have poor quality. Each one has its own negatives and positives. If you compare them each and every bit.. you will get yourself lost. :)

But When Looking at your budget... You, Should think about it.

After all its all in your decision, Since you're going to pay. We're not forcing you.. its just our suggestions and point of views.

And this is not going to be your once in life time TV. you will buy a bigger one at some point in future. If i'm in your place, i'd stick with the budget tight and look around for products in that range with decent quality ( no need to be the best ). But with features that will be useful for me in future as well.

Update: ------------------------
Its not true.. You cannot expect a high-five sound that comes with LCD, LED's. If you get them.. there is no need of Home Theaters lol.

If you're home theater has the Digital Optic support, You can directly connect it to the TV i mentioned above.

What is the model of phillips you have ?

Cheers!
Hmm some old model with 1200W something like SRV or ARV . I was using it with AUX connection till now with my CRT TV output thru' these speakers, so I hope I can do the same with my LCD/LED too

Last edited by a moderator:

At your budget there are no true Led backlit tvs. They are only edge lit led whereas rest of the screen size is lcd backlit.
For your tv size you wont find any remarkable power saving or performance enhancement with any of Them.

That is the reason i said get some sample videos on your pen drive and tell those shops to demo the same video clip across different tvs.
Buy the tv which gives an output better to your liking.

Thread Starter #35

Superbad

So according to you the edgelit LED is as good as a LCD TV and if I want a true LED this it has to be backlit one and is costly ??

OK I will copy some video files and take them along with me to see the performance

I am using LG-42 INCH Infinia Series LED panel with Onkyo semi professional Home Theatre.As discussed in the above posts, all the big brands are equally good and I say go as per your instincts. I bought only LG home appliances washing machine, microwave and refrigerator as I prefer LG. There are many families who have first choice as Sony or Samsung. Go to any good store and checkout which brand is offering better freebies or discounts. Generally in Sony you will not get much offers.

If you are buying big screen LED/LCD a home theatre should be must with provison of HDMI or Optical Cable. Believe me after having good home theatre system along with realtively large screen TV, you will get better interest in watching good Blue Ray disc movies at home.

You can connect your laptop or Harddrive with TV and you can infinite collection of movies(ofcourse you have to download from Internet)

Superbad

So according to you the edgelit LED is as good as a LCD TV and if I want a true LED this it has to be backlit one and is costly ??

OK I will copy some video files and take them along with me to see the performance
yes for both the questions.
And just for reference try getting multiple videos with different resolutions so that you get the hang how good the processing engine of the Tv Is. This will help you avoid the dissatisfaction since most of the tv showrooms will always display HD content for their demo.
Request them to show how normal cable channels look like.

Check sites like flipkart,infibeam,tradus for indicative prices available on the internet

Thread Starter #40

Superbad

Please check that link in my post, it shows as a new arrival on LG site and shows a MRP of 31500/- and the offer price at Metro cash & carry is 24500/-. Please see the features and specs of this and give me your view on the same

A very good article on LED vs. plasma vs. LCD TVs

And the winner is...
If you want to count wins and losses from the list above, have at it. The thing is, these items don't have equal weight. That's the point. For one person, absolute light output is absolute, for another, black level is above all else. These two performance aspects are, for now mutually exclusive.

So don't listen to those who say, "well, its brightest, it's best" or "LCD's black level is terrible, so they blow". Reading through this list I'm positive you mentally weighted certain factors above others, even if you didn't notice it at first. Go with your gut. If you watch a lot of TV during the day, or have a room with lots of windows, an LED TV is probably best. If you watch at night, and want the TV to disappear into the background, plasma is probably best.

Want to know the best part, and the dirty little secret of the TV world? If you're buying a name-brand TV, its picture quality is going to be really, really good. You are seriously picking from good, gooder, and goodly goodest here. Compared with flat-panel TVs from just a few years ago, new HDTVs are thinner, brighter, better-performing, and cheaper than ever before. So have at it. Your new TV is going to be awesome for years to come.
LED vs. plasma vs. LCD TVs - Feature - TVs - CNET Asia

I do not know do you have any information on this model, but try if you people can

LG LS3000, how is this, is it a old one or new one and if its offer is good, should I go for that ??

here is the link http://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-32LS3000...specifications

Don't Check the MRP on LG Site and decide. Since the prices differs from dealer to dealer with offers and discounts hidden.

The model which i said in earlier post, It is 31k on flipkart (MRP around 40k)

If you're not comfortable with online purchases. Check with your local dealer.

Some stores still offer DIWALI Discounts..

Make sure to use the bargain hammer as well.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #45

Friends,

Thank you all of your views, I have visited few showrooms and found the following

Preference finalised when we have seen the TVs

1. LCD - no impressive due to more consumption,clarity,more side thickness

2. Backlit LED - again side width is more

3. Edgelit LED - impressive due to thin side width

HD ready or Full HD - I think it makes more sense to for full HD thinking about future

Size : 32" as the room where I keep my TV has only 6 foot distance to watch as it is a small room( this answers Nitin_K suggestion about 40" as it will be very big in such room)

Now coming down to Edgelit Full HD models

1.Samsung smart TV - Could not ask model, but it is series 5 - final price 42000/-

2. Sony - model something like NXG or below that - final price 42000/-

3. LG LS5700 smart tv - With IPS panels - final price - 36000/-

I tried to play a movie from my pendrive on all the models and the viewing experience is same

sound wise samsung is bit poor and Sony and LG are same

Side thickness, almost all are same

Now friends it is the freezing time for a model, and Looking at some benefits of Full HD and edgelit thickness I am trying to increase the budget, so please suggest me which is good from all these

Top Bottom