LED or LCD TV? (Bought LG Smart TV - Pg.12)

Re: LED or LCD TV!! Urgent

Are you serious on these suggestions, please eloborate

the models i posted are hot selling ones and VFM, Toshiba are the ones who invented tv if you are not aware.

if i have to buy for myself and money is no constrain, i will buy a 40" or plus LED and that too Sony. I have 2 sony at home and am very happy with the quality. 3D etc are all waste and more of gimmicks.

after all we make an investment for 8/10 years minimum and eye site is not going to get better. So bigger the TV, better it is. LED is also a LCD but the way lights are emitted is what differentiates it from the normal LCD;s. Also LED' is thinner.

Thank you for your suggestions, please clarify me these

1. What is SD quality
2. Please suggest LCD or LED

Are you serious on these suggestions, please eloborate
SD is standard definition.
The resolution which carries dvd like video quality.
hd also called as 720p videos.
Then there is full HD which is 1080p videos used to carry content in a blue ray discs video format.
The resolution of a tv is determined by the pixel density of the screen.
Therefore bigger the screen size it is better to have a better resolution.
Dvd video quality in digital terms is called standard definition.

Theoretically LED tvs are less power consuming. But they are expensive too.

The backlight of the flat tvs is the differentiating factor.

Most mainstream Led tvs are a mixture of lcd and led backlighting where led backlight is used only at the edges of tv and rest of the screen size is lcd backlit.

Depending on your budget only 32 inch tv might fit in.

If you are among the few who downloads movies through internet, especially the blue ray rips then i guess you need to opt for a full HD TV. if not then an Hd ready tv is the right choice for you.
All showroom should provide you demo of the tvs.

Carry a pen drive with some 1080p youtube videos like some hollywood trailers, music videos or movies to check the performance of those tvs in front of you.

During demo make sure that the video setting i.e brightness , contrast are normalised and not set to maximum.

Choose what you feel right.

@superbad , nitin and experts ,

Some say plasma has better picture quality then led and LCD is that true ? [confused]

Some say plasma has better picture quality then led and LCD is that true ? [confused]
yes its true plasma has better picture quality and great viewing angle but it consume lots of power than LCD/LED.

plasma has deeper black levels which provide a relatively better reproduction of picture.
But then there is also cases of burn in of images on plasma. Not to forget the relatively higher power consumption.

Also the ambient lighting conditions needs to be darker for better picture reproduction.

plasma has deeper black levels which provide a relatively better reproduction of picture.
But then there is also cases of burn in of images on plasma. Not to forget the relatively higher power consumption.

Also the ambient lighting conditions needs to be darker for better picture reproduction.
Superbad and tendia

Thanx , but how much more power consumption will be ? Is there a dramatic difference ? Andin then end do you think led is a more better choice then plasma ?

If power consumption is least of your concerns ,could manage the lighting conditions and have a better budget to spare,
one should be looking for a panasonic plasma tv.
Better put if you could set up an theatre room in your house, you should look for a plasma.

For average budget 50k or so look for Lcd or LED tvs.
For watching 3D movies LG LED

amazing performance for the money paid.
Samsung 6 series Led

best in Led Tech available in india and cheap in bangkok/thailand sony Nx720.

Something from the USA popular tech in LED sharp aqueos .

Wow thanx a million .

Whenever I will upgrade my current tv , I will surely take your valuable guidance and only then buy a tv thanx again .

Thank you, I may not go for DTH immediately but at a later stage if I want to go for it, then I should have a TV which delivers that clarity.

Please tell me more about that LG LED which you have suggested

medium03.jpg

For your budget range. This LED TV from LG is the best suggestion from me. For the 32" TV you get the FULL HD Edge LED Display...

Check the specs below.

Series: Ls 4600

Screen Size & Resolution: 32 inches with 1920 x 1080 resolution

True Motion Clarity Index: 100

Other Features: Picture Wizard II, USB 2.0 (DivX HD)

Audio Features: Clear Voice II, 1 Way 2 Speakers, Dolby Digital Decoder with Infinite Surround, Mono, Stereo, Dual.

Connectivity Wise:
Rear:
2 HDMI, Component, AV, Digital Optic, PC Audio, Display, RF
Side: 1 HDMI, USB

Good thing is... the USB Port support Divx HD

Other additional features:
DLNA Support, Smart Energy Saving Plus, Intelligent Sensor

Overall Key Features:
Intelligent Sensor 2
Clear Voice 2
Energy Saving Plus
Motion Clarity Index
Divx HD
Simplink
3 HDMI Ports

More information:
LG 32LS4600 LED LCD TV - Full HD 1080p LED LCD TV with Supreme Picture Quality - LG Electronics IN

PS: Don't take their online MRP prices. It will be much cheaper at your local dealer and you can use the Bargain hammer to get a deal.

Cheers!

Thread Starter #25

Friends,

Thanks a lot for your kind suggestions, my initial idea is

1. I will connect the local cable to my LCD/LED with a hathway box if required
2. The room where I keep this LCD/LED is small, hence 32"
3. I really do not understand the too much depth technology of LED and LCD
4. My requirement is should be simple,good looking,bit thin, finally a VFM product

I am not thinking to spend very little and regret later, and also do want to spend too much !! as my present home is not having big hall and sofa set to watch a big television.

So based on the about please suggest me, and my thoughts are

1. Samsung - everybody say that it is really good, I am not looking for smart tv features
2. Sony - everybody say it is really good picture quality and good sound output
3. LG - everybody say it is a sensible buy and comes with IPS panels and have lot of features

Guys.. i also did the same research some days back to buy an LED TV. after lot of research i zeroed down to LG 47" smart tv.
TV performance amazed me a lot.i compared with sony and it matched same as Sony in picture quality. sound clarity i felt better than Sony.
As every body and as marketed reg Sony as best picture ever, i initially thought will go for Sony, then later after very through research i found Sony is good as well LG is also equally good. its just the marketing gimmick which takes people around.[roll]

Internet connectivity worked like charm no glitches and sound clarity is also good .
overall am very much satisfied with my decision.
there are lot many apps and applications under LG app store and most of them works well too.
my personal suggestion is go for LG (Latest model) and find the difference yourself.

Thread Starter #27

Deepsraven

Thank you for your reply. Can you once again compare and tell me the sound quality of Sony with LG as people say that LG has bit low sound !!

Sound will never be enough since the speakers are to be fit in a small form factor.
Better get an additional speaker setup if you need better sound from the tv.
I would again say you need to demo those tvs atleast a month early than your actual purchase.
You should go on for your own research.

Thread Starter #29

@Superbad

I got your point, so I have a 1200 watts philips home theater at home, so I can connect that if I want good sound.

I did not get you what you have said next ?? also please answer to my earlier post, help me freeze down something today

IMHO... to cut it short.

*Your budget + LG = LED / 32" / FULL HD / Features = Good Choice.

Sony is better in quality ofcourse. But i suggest sony only if you're going 40 or above...

Samsung is same as above... I'd suggest Samsung for its Smart TV Features and faster response compared to LG Smart.

LG, Samsung, Sony and other top brands... all are best. No one would buy them if they have poor quality. Each one has its own negatives and positives. If you compare them each and every bit.. you will get yourself lost. :)

But When Looking at your budget... You, Should think about it.

After all its all in your decision, Since you're going to pay. We're not forcing you.. its just our suggestions and point of views.

And this is not going to be your once in life time TV. you will buy a bigger one at some point in future. If i'm in your place, i'd stick with the budget tight and look around for products in that range with decent quality ( no need to be the best ). But with features that will be useful for me in future as well.

Update: ------------------------
Its not true.. You cannot expect a high-five sound that comes with LCD, LED's. If you get them.. there is no need of Home Theaters lol.

If you're home theater has the Digital Optic support, You can directly connect it to the TV i mentioned above.

What is the model of phillips you have ?

Cheers!

Last edited:

Top Bottom