Learn Driving in Your Personal Car

After i bought my car 2yrs back, a ford ikon, I had never driven a car on jam packed Pune roads during office hours. I used to drive my Dad's car in colony which has nil traffic.

I thought of having driving lessons but that morning when i prepared to goto office, it was raining so i thought of giving it a try. My wife was my navigator, and we planned to follow any car which is going towards our office. We did that and reached office which had a long queue of car and its a slope[anger]. I had no exprience of driving upwards in a bumper to bumper situation. so i applied handbrake when stopped.. when my turn came, I released the hand brake and accelerated.. it was nasty and very away from being smooth..

I tried this (following other cars) for 1-2 week and then I was comfortable. Drive patiently and sensibly. Avoid thinking too much while driving..

thank you guys. I found a driver from manikaran driving school who also teaches on personal car. I'm quite comfortable now.
Hi can you please share no. Of driver who teaches driving in personal car in west delhi..thnks

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude hire a personal driver who is patient and make him sit beside you and guide you. again practice makes a man perfect. keep on driving. take out car in the early mornings to practice.

Last edited:
i'm also new in driving and not confident with left side. i drive along white lines in middle of road or in right most side. and really fear in reversing in narrow areas. last week while coming from theater after watching movie, i banged a scooty on my left side while reversing. i didn't notice it as it was night and i entered from right side. lol..
any help?

i'm also new in driving and not confident with left side. i drive along white lines in middle of road or in right most side. and really fear in reversing in narrow areas. last week while coming from theater after watching movie, i banged a scooty on my left side while reversing. i didn't notice it as it was night and i entered from right side. lol..
any help?
If you are newbie like me - Camera + Sensor do help a lot and give you confident to complete the successful maneuver.

In general the routine is something like this

1. Slot your gear to Reverse - This lit up the reversing light at rear of your car and warn the surroundings and clearly shows your intention.

2. Look over your left shoulder for any possible blind spot -> Look at your Left ORVM -> Look at your IRVM -> Look at your Right ORVM -> Look over your right shoulder for any right hand side for possible blind spot. If it is a busy spot you need to repeat this as many times as needed.

3. If all clear start roll out the car slowly.

Last edited:
Yesterday, i started driving my personal car. I have recently taken driving course and was quite familiar with training vehicle. It takes some time to get used to dynamics of our own vehicle, secondly biting point of clutch and brake is different for different vehicles, once you understand it then you will have good control of your car.

Friends, can anybody discuss on different reference points for good driving. I learnt only one at MDS i.e how to park near to left kerb. This technique is also available in this forum on a thread regarding determining left.

Now you can learn to drive in your own car in Bangalore.

SharpDrives provides trained instructors who will make your driving perfect.
At the moment they offer services to Bangalore.

visit sharpdrives.in to book instantly.

I got a call almost instantly when I booked for driving classes and the instructor came home on time. He was humble and polite and definitely had a lot of patience as I had never learnt driving properly when my friends taught me.

Now I have complete confidence and its like as if I am doing any other work.[:D][:D]

In my area I found driver who will teach the owner to learn their own vehicle. Rate as follows :-

Driving : 300/- for 6 hour and later 30/- per hour

Learning : 250/- for 3 hour.

As a driver he is excellent, but as a trainer not so polished - Like he instruct biting point in many different words as well as he calling 'Accelerator' as 'Speed', but once familiar with his wordings it is quite easy to understand.

I'm learning at MDS and I need to practice/assistance , I found he got excellent road sense and constantly warned me about by Breaking Techniques (which mostly he tell me to judge the surroundings and when I leave my foot from brake pedal ) as well other part which is solely missing at 45-55 min Practical class at MDS.
Can I have the drivers number. I am from Peera Garhi

Last edited by a moderator:
In my area I found driver who will teach the owner to learn their own vehicle. Rate as follows :-

Driving : 300/- for 6 hour and later 30/- per hour

Learning : 250/- for 3 hour.

As a driver he is excellent, but as a trainer not so polished - Like he instruct biting point in many different words as well as he calling 'Accelerator' as 'Speed', but once familiar with his wordings it is quite easy to understand.

I'm learning at MDS and I need to practice/assistance , I found he got excellent road sense and constantly warned me about by Breaking Techniques (which mostly he tell me to judge the surroundings and when I leave my foot from brake pedal ) as well other part which is solely missing at 45-55 min Practical class at MDS.
Can you please provide details of that driver

Top Bottom