Learn Driving in Your Personal Car

Thread Starter #1
Hi people,

I just bought an i10 car. I learnt driving in manikaran driving car, but now I want a driver who can help me practice in my personal car. I am not too confident without some help. [confused] Thats why I can't move it since a week it's here [cry]

I found Learn To Drive Your Own Personal Car in Lajpat Nagar, Car Driving School and best Instructor In South Delhi who are charging 600 per hour for teaching me driving in my personal car in west delhi. This is insanely high.. [frustration]

All motor driving schools are officially saying no to teaching in personal car. Does anyone has contacts about such drivers who can help me in West Delhi (Janakpuri area)?

Any help with be appreciated. Thanks so much!

350Z

Core Team
All motor driving schools are officially saying no to teaching in personal car. Does anyone has contacts about such drivers who can help me in West Delhi (Janakpuri area)?
Your best option is to hire an individual driver (best if someone known). The driving schools usually shrug off the responsibility of training in someone else’s cars as they do not have the dual side pedal controls. You could also personally contact the driver who taught you driving in the driving school.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
thank you 350Z. The personal driver who taught me on behalf of driving school isn't available. Also, these drivers work in 6:30am to 7:30pm shifts, so it's difficult to find slots with them.

Does anyone has local contacts in west delhi?

Hiring a driver is something I thought of too, but I figured all drivers who drive aren't good tutors (or aren't comfortable in giving other person control while teaching them).

If you are able to drive driving school car properly than you should try to move your car and drive . I had taken hardly 5 class from the driving school and started driving my new car.

I know it's makes you nervous but slowly nervousness goes. Initially you can take a family member or friend along with you just for mental support and important thing take your car for practice in the early morning around 6 o'clock. Slowly you will get the confidence.

Good tutor is difficult to get. All the best and keep updating[clap].

Last edited:
You always do not need a professional driver to teach you driving.

Get someone along with you who knows driving and keep practicing in early morning and late nights, also on Sundays.

Hope you learn soon and be confident.

Cheers,
Anshuman

You dont need pro driver any more :P just start your car go out for short rounds in late night or early morning.

Dear CSA2,
I was also in your place some months back. Before my Nano came, I just took five classes from someone. Now, I am very much confident. My advice is to go to a empty ground in the early morning & late night. Just practice the clutch release control for at least one month and drive only in 1St & 2nd gear. I know you may be wanting the speed like others. But, do not think no above than 2nd gear now. Afterwards, have someone by the side of u only for guiding the left side as u may be thinking that side might hit somebody. Then, take your i10 to the most crowded streets near your locality. You will become a master. If you drive in some other crowded place and if something happens, then you may get into trouble. Therefore, I advised u to drive in your locality only. Practice on the inclines and use handbrake. Finally, do not bother about scratches to i10's body. It is better to have some scratches than injuring someone.

If you are able to drive driving school car properly than you should try to move your car and drive . I had taken hardly 5 class from the driving school and started driving my new car.

I know it's makes you nervous but slowly nervousness goes. Initially you can take a family member or friend along with you just for mental support and important thing take your car for practice in the early morning around 6 o'clock. Slowly you will get the confidence.

Good tutor is difficult to get. All the best and keep updating[clap].
I am learning in Maruti Driving School. Their instructions are good. Only drawback is they do not help in getting license, which the other schools do.

I am learning in Maruti Driving School. Their instructions are good. Only drawback is they do not help in getting license, which the other schools do.
Siddharth

In my case MDS arranged for getting a license and they charged Rs. 1500/- in addition to Rs.4500/- for the driving course. But they don't force you to get license from them.

went through something similar when i got my first car a little spark in 2008, car was just lying idle for a week outside, my uncle finally told me to get in the car and we drove through one of the most crowded parts of the city in peak rush hour and by the end of the drive i felt comfortable at the wheel, it worked for me but may not work for some one else

Siddharth

In my case MDS arranged for getting a license and they charged Rs. 1500/- in addition to Rs.4500/- for the driving course. But they don't force you to get license from them.
I arranged my learner license on my own. It is a very difficult job to get anything from kolkata RTO bypassing the agents. However I managed it.

I arranged my learner license on my own. It is a very difficult job to get anything from kolkata RTO bypassing the agents. However I managed it.
The cost of a Learner License is Rs.70/- only and the cost of getting permanent License is maximum Rs.300/-even less I have to check.

Siddharth

The cost of a Learner License is Rs.70/- only and the cost of getting permanent License is maximum Rs.300/-even less I have to check.

Thread Starter #14
thank you guys. I found a driver from manikaran driving school who also teaches on personal car. I'm quite comfortable now.

In my area I found driver who will teach the owner to learn their own vehicle. Rate as follows :-

Driving : 300/- for 6 hour and later 30/- per hour

Learning : 250/- for 3 hour.

As a driver he is excellent, but as a trainer not so polished - Like he instruct biting point in many different words as well as he calling 'Accelerator' as 'Speed', but once familiar with his wordings it is quite easy to understand.

I'm learning at MDS and I need to practice/assistance , I found he got excellent road sense and constantly warned me about by Breaking Techniques (which mostly he tell me to judge the surroundings and when I leave my foot from brake pedal ) as well other part which is solely missing at 45-55 min Practical class at MDS.

Last edited:

Top Bottom