LCD Help For Mahindra Quanto C6

Thread Starter #1
Hi all. I want to install a good quality LCD scren in my quanto. I want to retailthe mahindra I
CE. I researched various shops. I have 3 options.

1. Go for a roof mounted LCD.
2. Go for ICE change with a touchscreen.
3. Go for headrest screens
4. Go for LCD on passenger sunvisor.

Which one according to you is good? My budget is 12k and I have time till dec 1st week. I want the passenger to be able to see the screen which rules out option 3.

Hi,
If you are ruling out point no.3, then I assume that the passenger will not be sitting behind. According to this point no.1 is also not valid. Because you cannot mount LCD on roof because you have rear view mirror.
The best option will be to upgrade your ICE to touchscreen system. There are now easily available. Sony XAV 63 is the cheapest one at around 13K.

Thread Starter #3
Hi,
If you are ruling out point no.3, then I assume that the passenger will not be sitting behind. According to this point no.1 is also not valid. Because you cannot mount LCD on roof because you have rear view mirror.
The best option will be to upgrade your ICE to touchscreen system. There are now easily available. Sony XAV 63 is the cheapest one at around 13K.
Thanks mate. I too was contemplating in dash display. Any more suggestiins other than Sony. I am afraid of Sony niggles.

Any idea on pioneer, jbl. Budget can be stretched to 14k.

Thanks mate. I too was contemplating in dash display. Any more suggestiins other than Sony. I am afraid of Sony niggles.

Sony is one of the good systems, but I had a bad experience in two different models in two different cars. They were showing errors while using the local discs available in the market, or if the disc is slightly scratched also, like, the lens is very sensitive in Sony.

If you are going for a 2 din Pioneer touch screen you may have to stretch your budget. JVC is also a trouble free system.

Using roof mounted LCD will definitely block your view on RVM, when the LCD is flipped down.

Best options are either choose for your ICE replacement with touch screen on your dash or opt for screens tobe fitted on the rear side of front seats for passengers.
Still the best option would be to get a touch screen ICE setup on dash.

best bet would be to install a 2din touchscreen unit in the dash. u could even install a reverse view camera in the future upgrades

Take a look at this. Snapdeal is offering 10% discount. So it comes around 13.5K. Well within your budget [:)]
It aslo has support for reverse camera and support for Ipod and Iphone connectivity where some of the apps can be shared with HU

Pioneer - AVH-X1590DVD - 6.1'' LCD Touchscreen DVD Receiver - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Last edited:
Hi all. I want to install a good quality LCD scren in my quanto. I want to retailthe mahindra I
CE. I researched various shops. I have 3 options.

1. Go for a roof mounted LCD.
2. Go for ICE change with a touchscreen.
3. Go for headrest screens
4. Go for LCD on passenger sunvisor.

Which one according to you is good? My budget is 12k and I have time till dec 1st week. I want the passenger to be able to see the screen which rules out option 3.
Hi I want to buy DVD player with bluetooth for my quanto Which one should I buy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom