Land Rover Freelander Facelift Now in India

Thread Starter #1
Land Rover is preparing a mid-life facelift for the Freelander. These new spy photos from the Midlands suggest change is afoot for the Freelander, which was launched in 2006.

Dubbed LR2 or Freelander 2, the current car will soon pass its sixth birthday, usually the time at which a replacement would be launched. However, CAR understands the Freelander facelift is due imminently to give the car a little of the glitz from the Evoque - and extend its lifecycle while the company concentrates on launching its bigger, pricier models.

What's new on the 2012 Freelander?

The front end of the Freelander is noticeably different: the now-chrome-ringed grille is smaller and positioned higher up, in line with the revised headlamps.

And notice those day-running lights glinting through the disguise? This facelift is all about jewellery and glitz to spice up what is essentially an ageing design. We haven't seen that Evoque-ish metallic blue on a Freelander before, either.

Why no all-new Freelander? Land Rover has been busy focusing on its more premium cars: launching the Evoque, the new 2012 Range Rover and 2013's Range Rover Sport, not to mention the Defender replacement coming in 2015.

Land Rover Freelander: the 2012 facelift inside

Exterior changes are limited to a cosmetic tidy-up, but our spy shots inside the new 2012 Freelander reveal a rather more radical redesign of the cabin. It appears that the rather plasticky interior will be swapped for a cockpit borrowing more bits from the Evoque set. Newer electro-gizmos will arrive too, such as the latest MP3 and Bluetooth compatibility.

Land Rover has been continuously improving the Freelander since launch; stop-start systems were recently added for Europe and in 2011 it added the option of two-wheel drive on Freelander models badged eD4.

Source:
Land Rover Freelander facelift (2012) spy photos | Secret New Cars | Car Magazine Online

images are taken from various sites.

Attachments

Re: LR FREELANDER Face lift on it's way.

This is FANTASTIC news. Thanks buddy.

I am a big fan of the Land Rovers. Freelander2 gives the common man to step into the LR territory. And it is much much cheaper than it's competitors - namely the X3, XC60 and Q5. And I was wondering why LR is ignoring the FL2.

Thread Starter #3

I am a big fan of the Land Rovers. Freelander2 gives the common man to step into the LR territory. And it is much much cheaper than it's competitors - namely the X3, XC60 and Q5. And I was wondering why LR is ignoring the FL2.
Even I am a big Fan of Freelander2, this product with Evoque inspired interior's, without much price changes, sound's very delicious.

true
affordable ones are the freelander range,
rest are okayish but they drink a lot of petrol . i would buy one if i was living in a bush [:D]

Thread Starter #5

true
affordable ones are the freelander range,
rest are okayish but they drink a lot of petrol . i would buy one if i was living in a bush [:D]
You got to try the one with the diesel heart buddy.

You got to try the one with the diesel heart buddy.
yeah they are fuel efficient , not really but compared to petrol models yes

my mates are young no ones that old that would buy a land rover [:D]

Thread Starter #7

yeah they are fuel efficient , not really but compared to petrol models yes

my mates are young no ones that old that would buy a land rover [:D]
is LR perceived as an brand for oldies in Australia?

is LR perceived as an brand for oldies in Australia?
everywhere man if your over 40's you get the Four wheel drives (SUV's) , Mercs and Audis

Age and cars

18-28 - Toyota Supra , Skyline, Silvia ,rx-8,Subaru WRX Sti, Merc AMG , bmw m series etc etc

30+ - Liberty GT, Caldina, Forester GT, Territory Turbo

40+ Merc,Audi,BMW four wheel drives[:D]

18-28 - Toyota Supra , Skyline, Silvia ,rx-8,Subaru WRX Sti, Merc AMG , bmw m series etc etc
Of these, I wonder how many will buy AMG or M Series in India.
Though I fall in this age bracket, I still love those classic yet modern cars - Merc C,E,S Class. Ofcourse, CLS is good & I think should fit in here.

And LR I found to be the most masculine no-nonsense SUV. Rest are all hatches with high GC. [lol]

Thread Starter #11
Re: Land Rover Freelander Facelift Coming Soon

The Land Rover Freelander has been given a premium push as part of a whole host of revisions for 2013.

Most of the changes to the revised Freelander, seen here in these exclusive studio shots ahead of its debut at this week’s Moscow motor show, centre on making the cabin more luxurious.

The subtle exterior tweaks from before include new front and rear lights that feature the latest in Xenon LED technology. There’s also a new graphic for the front running lights, and a new finish to the front grille and fog lamp bezels among other minor details changes.

But the real revisions how come inside, where Land Rover has given the Freelander a Range Rover Evoque-style push upmarket.

The chief addition is an all-new centre console. This houses a new 7in touchscreen that controls many of the interior’s functions, including the optional sat-nav and the audio controls for a new audio system from Jaguar Land Rover’s recently appointed audio partner, Meridian.

Another change is the series of switches to replace the dial of the Terrain Response system behind the gear lever, a move that also frees up additional storage space. Additional room is made available with the adoption of a new electric parking brake.

Elsewhere, there is a new 5in colour screen that sits between the instrument dials in the instrument binnacle. The docking station for the key has been replaced by a keyless go system, which allows the engine to be started so long as the key is present in the car.

Equipment additions include a rear view camera and a ‘Say What You See’ voice activation system that allows the user to control certain audio, sat-nav, climate control and phone functions using their voice.

Two new trim levels are added to the Freelander line-up to join the existing S, GS, XS and HSE models. Jo Slater, Land Rover’s colour and materials manager, said the new Dynamic trim is inspired by the success of the trim of the same name available on the Evoque, and includes painted 19in 10-spoke alloy wheels, a bodykit and gloss black trim for exterior detailing.

“We wanted to bring some sporty character back to the Freelander,” Slater told Autocar, “the first model had sporty cues and the success of Dynamic in the Evoque inspired us to make those options available to Freelander buyers.”

A new HSE LUX model is the new range-topper and the most premium version of the Freelander yet seen. This gets a luxurious interior including Windsor leather seats, ‘premium’ carpet mats, a ‘Grand Black Lacquer’ finish to the interior, special 19in diamond-turned alloys and the top-of-the-range 825W 17-speaker Meridian audio system.

The Freelander’s engine range carries over unchanged from before, meaning 2.2-litre turbodiesel is offered with 148bhp or 187bhp. The lower-powered version is offered with front-wheel drive.

It is available to order now with deliveries scheduled for October. Prices now start from £23,700, an increase of £1000 over the pre-facelift car.

We can safely expect this face lift to reach our shores by december with a slight bump up in the prices.

Attachments

Landrover is drool stuff man . This is one suv which if god permits I will buy without even comparing it to x3 and q5 it's really a manly solid macho suv IMHO .

Thread Starter #13

Agree with you Raja, i hope these new changes will help LR to improve it's sales number in India

Drool stuff man. I also agree with Raja. BMWs and Audis come nowhere close to the brute muscle of the LRs.

Top Bottom