Lahore To Islamabad via G.T Road

Thread Starter #1
This is my first post . Since i know that most of the indian people are not familiar about routes and mode of transportatio in pakistan, therefore , i have tried to add even minor details.
yesterday ( october 23,2012,Tuesday), i started my journey from my native Town, Lahore to Islamabad . I used my City 2005 for this tour.Total distance via G.T road is 310 km (oneway). G.T road is 6 lanes road (3 lanes each side) with proper divider throughout the route. Since it is not a Motorway, hence third lane( left side) is open and like in india, cycles,bullcarts and pedestrian use this side with free entry and exit. Two lanes (each side) are used by motorist and commercial vehilces.

From my residence, to avoid rush i have to take Motorway ( again 6 lanes with closed left sides and no slow moving vehicles) . Total distance on motorway till my exit is 42 km. then i have to travel on G.T road.
I passed through Kalashah kaku, Muridke,Gujaranwala and Gujrat . All these cities and towns are industrial towns. I reached Jehlum at around 8:30 am and refuelled CNG. Total cost was Rs.910 from 10.2kgs. Then after passing through Dina, Gujjar Khan and reached Islamabad.Total distance covered was 315 KM and time taken was 4hours and 45 minutes. After meeting, i again started my journey to Lahore. Took light lunch at Gujarkhan, reached Jehlum and refuelled from the same CNG station. This time cost was Rs. Rs 826 . Jehlum-Islamabad-jehlum distance is 232 Km. Toll tax one way from Lahore to Islamabad is Rs.155 oneway. I reached Lahore after a brief stay at Gujrat at about 8:15 pm. I enjoyed light rain from Jehlum till Lahore.

Other route which is widely used now is through M-2 motorway. This is 367 k long 6 lane motorway. Since i was travelling alone hence i could not take photographs.

That is nice Salim. Post some pics of your ride, and pics taken en route. We would like to see and feel Pakistan roads/rides/locations also.

Thread Starter #3
this time i was alone hence i could not click photos for all of you. last month we came Lahore from Islamabad via motorway. Enroute , we visited world second largest and oldest Salt mine at Khewra. This mine was discovered in 326 BC. We took a lot of photos of this mine and motorway's photos. From Friday , we have Eid holidays in Pakistan. I will try to upload pictures of the mine and motorways for your information during eid holidays.

regards

Hi Salim, As Sethu sir told, we would love to see the roads, cars and locations in Pakistan. Please upload some pictures.Also one of my special request. Could you please update, How is the petrol & diesel price there compared to India? Is it tax are on a Higher side for petrol?

Thread Starter #5
Hi Salim, As Sethu sir told, we would love to see the roads, cars and locations in Pakistan. Please upload some pictures.Also one of my special request. Could you please update, How is the petrol & diesel price there compared to India? Is it tax are on a Higher side for petrol?
Dear Releesh

i saw your post today Nov4,2012 and i m replying instantly...sorry for delay-if any

i will post few photos from where u will judge the quality of roads in pakistan. at the moment i m quoting latest petrol and diesel prices in pakistan.

Petrol is available at Rs.101 per litre while diesel is around Rs.110 per litre. Most of cars in pakistan run on CNG which is now available @ Rs.54 per kg. if u convert Pak rupee to indian rupee @ say Rs.1.8=1 INR u may compare the prices. I dont know the indian tax structure but here in pakistan they charge 16% sales tax besides petrol carriage from refineries in karachi to say Lahore. Sometimes they also charge petroleum development levy to burden the users. I personally feel mentality of the governments is almost same at both ends of the border.

if u require any other information i will be pleased to provide u the same.

regards

Thread Starter #8
which all cars do u guys drive in pakistan :)
here in pakistan, we have suzuki mehran ( like maruti) suzuki cultus & alto (1000 cc) 1300 cc suzuki, Honda city, VTI, Corolla xli & GLI,santro and cuore . These are all local manufactured cars.Apart from these cars, there r vans, jeeps and carriers a, all locally made. Now Gov. has allowed to import second hand cars from japan which should not be over 5 years old. around 40,000 such cars were imported during last few months. They r very popular amongst the masses as they r more luxurious and equipped with latest gadgets

Thread Starter #9
Wow. Diesel is more than Petrol? That is info man..
previously diesel was very cheap so we had 2000 cc diesel cars. now over last 4 years they have made it so dear that now new diesel cars are almost no existent.

Now Pakitsan is planning to import diesel from india . that will mean , local prices in india will also rise.

previously diesel was very cheap so we had 2000 cc diesel cars. now over last 4 years they have made it so dear that now new diesel cars are almost no existent.

Now Pakitsan is planning to import diesel from india . that will mean , local prices in india will also rise.
hi salim, good to see people from pakistan are making relationship with our folks. would be good if all of the folks are like you at both ends. can you share some of your travel experience along with photos. Interested to see the roads and cars in pakistan. i can google and find...however, it will not be equivalent to the way you narrate :)

Last edited by a moderator:
here in pakistan, we have suzuki mehran ( like maruti) suzuki cultus & alto (1000 cc) 1300 cc suzuki, Honda city, VTI, Corolla xli & GLI,santro and cuore . These are all local manufactured cars.Apart from these cars, there r vans, jeeps and carriers a, all locally made. Now Gov. has allowed to import second hand cars from japan which should not be over 5 years old. around 40,000 such cars were imported during last few months. They r very popular amongst the masses as they r more luxurious and equipped with latest gadgets

Now Pakitsan is planning to import diesel from india . that will mean , local prices in india will also rise.[/QUOTE ]

Hey friend, Pls post some pics of the cars/details you were explaining. Actually I am very much interested in seeing the japan imported cars and locally manufactured cars

hi salim, good to see people from pakistan are making relationship with our folks. would be good if all of the folks are like you at both ends. can you share some of your travel experience along with photos. Interested to see the roads and cars in pakistan. i can google and find...however, it will not be equivalent to the way you narrate :)
100 times to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Releesh

i saw your post today Nov4,2012 and i m replying instantly...sorry for delay-if any

if u require any other information i will be pleased to provide u the same.

regards
Thank you very much for your update Salim bro. it means petrol & diesel prices in Pakistan comes in Rs.56.1 & Rs.61.1 Indian rupees respectively.In India, rates are different by states and Rs.71 & Rs 50 respectively for petrol and diesel in Kerala.

Since i know that most of the indian people are not familiar about routes and mode of transportatio in pakistan, therefore , i have tried to add even minor details.
Excellent Salim. Thanks for all the information you have provided. We would love to know and understand more about Pakistan. Please share more details and pictures about your country.

Top Bottom