Kukke To Bangalore Road Condition

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am planning to drive to dharmastala and kukke subramanya next week. Could you please suggest me the best route. I am worried about the road condition of shiradi as I will be driving an etios liva which has a low GC.

Hi All,

I am planning to drive to dharmastala and kukke subramanya next week. Could you please suggest me the best route. I am worried about the road condition of shiradi as I will be driving an etios liva which has a low GC.
Pavan,

Any update on this road? Has this gone worse? Is it navigable or should we take Charmadi?

Update on Shiradi Ghat

To facilitate repair work and subsequent second phase of concretisation of the Shiradi Ghat stretch on Bangalore-Mangalore National Highway No 48, the road is likely to be completely closed for vehicular traffic from January 15.

Dakshina Kannada District Deputy Commissioner S Sasikant Senthil and PWD Executive Engineer M O Ramesh jointly inspected the stretch, which is earmarked for repair works, recently. A report has been submitted to the Additional Chief Secretary following the spot visit, indicating the essence and early completion of the road project. The report clearly states that the 13-km stretch has to be completely closed for vehicular traffic.

PWD Executive Engineer M O Ramesh stated that a joint inspection was carried out based on the instructions given by District In-charge Minister B Ramanath Rai. The Public Works Department would take a final call on the report’s recommendation, he added.

It may be recalled that chairing a review meeting of various development works last month, Minister Rai had directed officials to ensure that the work be started without further delay.

Replying to a question during the Belagavi assembly session on the same issue, Public Works Department Minister Dr. H C Mahadevappa had earlier said that the stretch would be closed for repair work from 1 January 2018.

Till the repair work is completed, vehicles would be allowed through Charmadi Ghat, Bisale Ghat and Madikeri.
Source :- https://www.newskarnataka.com/mangalore/shiradi-ghat-stretch-to-remain-closed-for-vehicular-traffic-from-jan-15

Hi,

Shiradi Ghat is in pristine condition now. But from Hassan to Sakleshpur road is patchy. Road widening WIP. Rest is good.

Top Bottom