KTM RC390 (2017): Info Display Not Working

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

The "Info Display" section on my RC's instrument panel stopped showing up all of a sudden, everything else works perfectly fine. This happened two weeks post my warranty expiration. I spoke with the guys at the service center and they told me that the board responsible for the "Info Display" would've died an that it needs to be replaced. This would've been fixed free of cost if the bike was within warranty but since mine was two weeks over the warranty period, they said I'd have to pay for it. And guess what they quoted??.. Approx 8000 INR!!. I haven't replaced the part yet since it doesn't affect the bike's performance in any way but the problem that I'm facing now is when the warning indicator comes on for anything other than low fuel and side stand, I'm not able to identify the issue as its not being displayed . I would like to know if anyone has faced the same issue and would really appreciate some suggestions or alternatives. If nothing works then I'll have to end up paying 8K to replace it.
infodisplay.jpg

It has to opened up and physically assessed. Most of the time it's due to wire contact issue, can be done outside ASC.
You can try sourcing it from Aliexpress or get one from a donor bike. Better to look around your local scrap yard.
ASC have "only replace" rule !!!!

deville_56

Honoured Member
Duke meters are one of the most crap ones available. Rubber part corroded away and now water entering. Swapped the case with another one and new one also having similar symptoms. You can get it checked by a speedo guy. Alternative would be scrap like @krishna6239 suggested. Get one from scrap and if needed, get the odo reading entered by the speedo repair guy.

Thread Starter #4
It has to opened up and physically assessed. Most of the time it's due to wire contact issue, can be done outside ASC.
You can try sourcing it from Aliexpress or get one from a donor bike. Better to look around your local scrap yard.
ASC have "only replace" rule !!!!
Thanks for the reply @krishna6239 ... I haven't been able to login for a while.... I did actually open up the meter myslef and found that the contacts at the bottom of the board were corroded due to water seepage. As @deville_56 mentioned the water sealing of the KTM's meter seems to be a well known issue. I tried cleaning the contacts with WD-40 and stuff but nothing worked. I decided to use the bike with out the info display for a while but had to ultimately replace it a couple of months ago. The warning indicator on the bike started showing up and I had no idea what the problem was since the info display was not working. So got it replaced at the service center because i didn't have any trusted mechanic closeby. Cost me around 8K. :-(

And later I realised, all this happened because I had washed the bike at a local bike wash and they sprayed water at high pressure over the meter and it was a day or two after that the problem started. So now I do the cleaning with my own pressure washer. Lesson worth 8K learned!!.. :-)

Duke meters are one of the most crap ones available. Rubber part corroded away and now water entering. Swapped the case with another one and new one also having similar symptoms. You can get it checked by a speedo guy. Alternative would be scrap like @krishna6239 suggested. Get one from scrap and if needed, get the odo reading entered by the speedo repair guy.
True bro... Water sealing is worst... And yes, i forgot to mention in the above post.. After replacement of the meter, the ODO shows 0 Kms and I asked them if they can manually configure it back to the correct details. The service center said that they can't configure the meter but the original readings would be still available in the ECU. I did not belive that completely as I'm definitely sure that there would be some option to configure the meter.

Top Bottom