Kolkata To Lucknow Trip

Thread Starter #1
]Hello friends,
At the middle of last month made a trip to Lucknow, accompanied by wife and daughter. Wish to share with you few pictures from my trip.

Left home at eleven (at night). But two abnormally long traffic jams, one at Nivedita Setu (on river Ganga) and the other at the Dankuni toll plaza of Calcutta-Delhi highway (previous number NH-2) made me waste two hours waiting in queue. A tyre puncture at the middle of the night also deferred my progress. After repairing the punctured tyre just after crossing Jharkhand and paying the first toll there made me realise that I was running three hour behind my planned schedule.

Though my progress thereafter was satisfactory, I decided to stop for the day at Varanasi. An instant booking through "Oyorooms" was done and we reached there at around noon.

Now let me show you few pictures from my journey.

This is just after passing Asansol town, where the first light of the day has come out.
DSC_0007.JPG

Stopped for tea at a pllace called Barhi, where left goes the road to Hazaribagh Town and right goes to Koderma, Nawada and Rajgir.
DSC_0013.JPG

Roads of Jharkhand were beautiful, as always.
DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

The bridge on the Sone river. On my last visit the road surface over the bridge was not so good, so it was surely repaired.
DSC_0027.JPG

My car in front of a restaurant attached to a reliance fuel bunk. We ate breakfast there and also filled her up with petrol.
DSC_0032.JPG

The room given to us by Oyorooms. Considering a price of only Rs 1500/- a night (including all taxes), it was surely decent. The room also had good WiFi connectivity.
DSC_0034.JPG

Next morning we left for Lucknow. The road was mostly an undivided two lane road, but it had good surface.
DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0076.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

After Raeberrily it was a divided four lane road.
DSC_0097.JPG

Almost reached Lucknow.
DSC_0101.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG

Lucknow with it's undisciplined traffic, as always. This place is in front of our hotel located in Alambagh.
DSC_0108.JPG

Thanks for reading this.
Regards,
Rahul

Very nice pictures Rahul Sir. Almost in all your travalogue, you prefer night time driving, which is surprising to me [:D]. Waiting for more pictures of Varanasi and Lucknow. Is it safe to drive in Jharkhand / Bihar during night? Thanks a lot for sharing nice travalogue. [:)]

I also made an impromptu trip to Lucknow last weekend. I had taken the Tiago for its first highway drive. The Agra-Lucknow expressway is something one must truly experience.

Nice and crisp writing as always. Given 5 Stars.
Rahulda, did you change your car ? An SX4 is seen in one picture which you referred as your car.

Thread Starter #5
Rahulda, did you change your car ? An SX4 is seen in one picture which you referred as your car.
Yes. My earlier car had clocked over 2,50,000 KM and became over fourteen year old. Moreover, some spares were not readily available anymore. Hence decided to replace it. Unfortunately finance was a constraint, hence decided to buy an used one. [:)]

The Agra-Lucknow expressway is something one must truly experience.
Yes, I was surely aware of it. But as I went to Lucknow from the entirely opposite direction, could not feel the fun of the expressway.

Yes. My earlier car had clocked over 2,50,000 KM and became over fourteen year old. Moreover, some spares were not readily available anymore. Hence decided to replace it. Unfortunately finance was a constraint, hence decided to buy an used one.
Sir, then that itself deserves a separate new thread.

]Hello friends,
At the middle of last month made a trip to Lucknow, accompanied by wife and daughter. Wish to share with you few pictures from my trip.

Left home at eleven (at night). But two abnormally long traffic jams, one at Nivedita Setu (on river Ganga) and the other at the Dankuni toll plaza of Calcutta-Delhi highway (previous number NH-2) made me waste two hours waiting in queue. A tyre puncture at the middle of the night also deferred my progress. After repairing the punctured tyre just after crossing Jharkhand and paying the first toll there made me realise that I was running three hour behind my planned schedule.

Though my progress thereafter was satisfactory, I decided to stop for the day at Varanasi. An instant booking through "Oyorooms" was done and we reached there at around noon.

Now let me show you few pictures from my journey.

This is just after passing Asansol town, where the first light of the day has come out.
View attachment 247967

Stopped for tea at a pllace called Barhi, where left goes the road to Hazaribagh Town and right goes to Koderma, Nawada and Rajgir.
View attachment 247968

Roads of Jharkhand were beautiful, as always.
View attachment 247969

View attachment 247970

The bridge on the Sone river. On my last visit the road surface over the bridge was not so good, so it was surely repaired.
View attachment 247971

My car in front of a restaurant attached to a reliance fuel bunk. We ate breakfast there and also filled her up with petrol.
View attachment 247972

The room given to us by Oyorooms. Considering a price of only Rs 1500/- a night (including all taxes), it was surely decent. The room also had good WiFi connectivity.
View attachment 247973

Next morning we left for Lucknow. The road was mostly an undivided two lane road, but it had good surface.
View attachment 247974

View attachment 247975

View attachment 247976

View attachment 247977

View attachment 247978

View attachment 247979

View attachment 247980

View attachment 247981

View attachment 247982

View attachment 247983

After Raeberrily it was a divided four lane road.
View attachment 247984

Almost reached Lucknow.
View attachment 247985

View attachment 247986

View attachment 247987

Lucknow with it's undisciplined traffic, as always. This place is in front of our hotel located in Alambagh.
View attachment 247988

Thanks for reading this.
Regards,
Rahul
A very pleasant and concise travelogue/photologue, Rahul. We had made the trip from Lucknow to Kolkata (and back to Lucknow) a few years back, 2014 I think. Unfortunately I didn't write the travelogue of the experience! Look forward to your further travelogues.
Regards,
Shashanka

Top Bottom