Kolkata-Jamshedpur-Kolkata Travelouge: Will remember all my life....

Hi anisghos! to be honest i haven't had a chance to read through entire text,since I am working on an urgent deliverable.But i have gone through almost 50 % text and all the images.
Thanks for sharing such a travelogue! will go through it once again from start when free!
Take care of your Manza! wish you Happy Miles.

phew !! let me catch my breath. I read through it all Anish and found it very gripping and exciting with roller coaster rides (wet & muddy), jungle and rain.
O we would love such narration everytime. good work Anish

NB. the night pic with solar flower shows white in flash and pink in windscreen reflection. lovely.. but...eeeerie

I felt like reading thrilling story, really a fantastic Travelogue & well write-up Buddy.

The muscle look of Manza with mud says " I CAN THREAD ANYWHERE" [evil]

Congrats for your Thrilling & Adventurous Trip[clap]

@Appu: Hahaha.. Thanks mate... I am glad that you enjoyed it..[:)]
Beautiful travelogue. Being from Jamshedpur myself, it pains me to see the derelict condition of NH33 between Baharagora till amost Jamshedpur :mad:. And this has been the condition for God knows how many years now. Add to that the law and order issue and it just takes every charm away from this scenic drive.

I was hoping if I could drive to Jamshedpur from Kolkata by car. Would NH2 till Durgapur and then Bankura->Purulia->Chandil-Jamshedpur through NH60A be a better option specially with lesser risk of damage to the car? I plan to do this drive during only the day starting early in the morning and avoid driving through any potentially troublesome areas after dusk. Could somebody please give some advice on this route :please:

Thread Starter #37
Beautiful travelogue. Being from Jamshedpur myself, it pains me to see the derelict condition of NH33 between Baharagora till amost Jamshedpur :mad:. And this has been the condition for God knows how many years now. Add to that the law and order issue and it just takes every charm away from this scenic drive.

I was hoping if I could drive to Jamshedpur from Kolkata by car. Would NH2 till Durgapur and then Bankura->Purulia->Chandil-Jamshedpur through NH60A be a better option specially with lesser risk of damage to the car? I plan to do this drive during only the day starting early in the morning and avoid driving through any potentially troublesome areas after dusk. Could somebody please give some advice on this route :please:
Yes, the condition of NH 33 is really in a mess. I did not see any signs of repair even when i drove in that route. Really pathetic.
You can definitely take the NH2 route. That is much better. Let me know if you need the exact route.

Kolkata-Kolaghat(NH 6) - 86 kms
Kolaghat-Kharagpur(NH 6) - 64 kms
Kharagpur-Lodhasuli(NH 6) - 35 kms (There is reason for mentioning Lodhasuli. Will come back later on this)
Lodhasuli-Baharagora(NH 6) - 35 kms
Baharagora-Ghatsila(NH 33) - 46 kms
Ghatsila-Jamshedpur.(NH 33) - 46 kms
Just came across this thread. I am planning to go on a drive to Kolkata. And the above information will surely help[:)].

Yes, the condition of NH 33 is really in a mess. I did not see any signs of repair even when i drove in that route. Really pathetic.
You can definitely take the NH2 route. That is much better. Let me know if you need the exact route.
Thanks. If you can give me the exact route using NH2, it will be very helpful. What I would prefer is using good roads even if it takes a little bit longer but would ideally like to reach Jamshedpur by 3/4 PM max. I used to travel on the Durgapur - Jamshedpur stretch through Bankura and Purulia and used to find it reasonably decent. But this was over 18 years ago. I wonder how the roads are now or would it be better to via Dhanbad.

Thread Starter #41
Friends,

Kolkata-Dhanbad-Chas-Purulia-Chandil-Jamshedpur has good roads.. Recently i heard people travelling that route and reported good condition. Not sure about the NH60/60A route. Sometime back heard that Nh 60 before KGP was not in good state. Need to know the recent condition. Whichever way you want to travel, make sure you reach JSR before light fades out as around Chandil roads are not safe.. Dacoity and naxals are an issue there...

Friends,

Kolkata-Dhanbad-Chas-Purulia-Chandil-Jamshedpur has good roads.. Recently i heard people travelling that route and reported good condition. Not sure about the NH60/60A route. Sometime back heard that Nh 60 before KGP was not in good state. Need to know the recent condition. Whichever way you want to travel, make sure you reach JSR before light fades out as around Chandil roads are not safe.. Dacoity and naxals are an issue there...
Anybody travelling on this route, beware, as aisghos mentioned, the naxal menace is prevalent. Avoid night journeys. I am myself facing a lot of security issues in my place which is some 50kms from Ranchi.

Friends,

Thanks a lot. I will make some inquiries about the Durgapur-Bankura-Purulia-Chandil route. If that works out it might be a wee bit faster as traffic should be generally lower on that route.

I have driven on the Dhanbad - Chas - Chandil - Jamshedpur route about 5 years back. In fact I used to frequent that place quite often. The roads were in good shape then. Do not have any recent update.

@samarjitdhar
I am also looking to get some input on Durgapur-bankura-purulia-chandil-jsr route status.

Being from jamshedpur(presently in kol), i think this route is the best bargain.

Top Bottom