Kinetic Honda DX / ZX Thread

Re: Kinetic Honda DX/ZX Thread.

1. Stick with stock air filter.
2. One spark plug = Rs.75-100.
3. Engine and exhaust decarbonization = Rs. 500-800 depending on where you get it done.
4. SPARKO petrol saver - Forget it. Use the money on petrol instead.
5. Forget exotic spark plugs. Use the OEM one.
6. Forget Nulon.
7. Buy Castrol 2T.

Last edited:

Sam:
Thanks for starting the thread, a lot of Kinetic lovers out there will be delighted to see this thread.

RVSB:
Change throttle cable, clean brakes too.
Also if you find enough time, just remove the carb and dip it in petrol and clean it and fix it back. If not atleast spray the carb cleaner on the carb, might bring about a slight difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #34

Thinking about a design for more air intake for air filter, there by increasing performance!
See the Snaps attached. Don't think that I used a bulged rubber tube. I designed it with MS paint. Thats why![anger]
Will this Work?[confused]
Thanks!
OT=Hunting for a used RX between 8000-10000 Rs Budget!:stupid:

Attachments

Vignesh, if you make an 80 year old geriatric uncleji and make him undergo a brand new hip transplant and knee surgery, would he be able to run as fast and as long as an 18 year old boy?

Yours is an old, almost worn out engine - do not try to get too adventurous with it. Unless you go for a complete rebuild, a little nip here and a little tuck there would just be a waste of money.

I have a fully opened up 1996 Kinetic Honda ZX. I had dismantled it four years back and am still unable to to find the parts for a complete rebuild. Two stroke engines do not take nicely to rebores - I need a complete block piston set and crank.

Madras is near Bangalore - why dont you take Anand's help in restoring your Kinetic Honda?

Old RX100 for Rs. 5000-10000 will definitely not be in a good shape. You need to spend upwards of Rs. 20000 and a willing seller in order to lay your hands on a RX100 which has some life left in it.

Thread Starter #36

Yours is an old, almost worn out engine - do not try to get too adventurous with it. Unless you go for a complete rebuild, a little nip here and a little tuck there would just be a waste of money.

Old RX100 for Rs. 5000-10000 will definitely not be in a good shape. You need to spend upwards of Rs. 20000 and a willing seller in order to lay your hands on a RX100 which has some life left in it.
BIG UPDATE!!!!!
My Kiney got seized.
Shown to my mechanic and he says "you cant do anymore work on this bore. I can get you a new 100/110 cc bore depending on availability for Rs. 1500"
I am sure that he would do a rebore job as it is nearly impossible for finding a new bore.
As I said this to my friend, he said that he will give his kiney's bore kit for me.
He gave me a quote of ZERO!!!!!
He said "Best friends never give and get money!"[cry]
The bore kit has been used for about 65k kms!
Going to install it into my kiney!!!
As i am not in my area in chennai now(Mylapore) I will install it ASAP!

I saw an ad on OLX that he is giving a RX135 for Rs 8000! But, Its engine is covered full of mud and I am thinking that it is not having papers or have expired[evil]
see this link: Click Here

What about a shogun or shaolin? I know spares is a big issue, But I like the shogun's roar! It wakes up shouting Loud as a tiger!!!!!

Last edited:

65000km old bore :lol!:!! Your friend should pay you money for taking it off his hands I say.

Lets restrict this thread to your Kinetic Honda. You can start a new thread for your used motorcycle hunt.

Thread Starter #38
65000km old bore :lol!:!! Your friend should pay you money for taking it off his hands I say.

Lets restrict this thread to your Kinetic Honda. You can start a new thread for your used motorcycle hunt.
What do you mean?
Do I want to rebore it?
65k vs 150k kms! which is better?
Something is better than nothing!!!

Ok, I will not use this thread for motorcycle hunting!
Shame for me! I mis-followed the rules that are framed by me![frustration]
And this thread is not for my Kinetic Honda only! It is for everyone's Kinetic Honda. As mentioned in OP, it is free for everyone discussing about Kinetic Honda's!

And What about replacing clutch shoes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #42

Fixed my friend's bore.
Acceleration improved by a small bit[roll]
giives 32-35 kms per 100 rs petrol![thumbsup]
Do I want to rebore it?

Last edited:

How much did the mechanic charge for it?
Get the silencer cleaned. Pickup will improve drastically.

Thread Starter #44

How much did the mechanic charge for it?
Get the silencer cleaned. Pickup will improve drastically.
Mechanic charged about Rs. 550. Bargained to Rs. 500
Is that a correct quote or I gave more?
My Mechanic says that the silencer has to be cut at the mouth and the end (tail pipe) aswell[evil].
And I am trying to avoid rebores!

Thread Starter #45

RX100 and KH100 have same cc i.e. 98cc.
RX100 Bore x Stroke is 50.0 x 50.0 mm
Having no idea about the Kinetic.
Can I put a RX piston into the Kiney?
@Sam
This is not a golden idea:lol!: This is just a question whether it is possible or impossible.

Top Bottom