Kinetic Honda DX / ZX Thread

Female (Pune) Non mechie -need help with old Kinetic ZX

Hello Guys
i am here for help.
i have an old old kinetic that somehow got dis-serviced by the local mechanic

it is a '94 model and i love it dearly.

i am willing to do anything to get it running, but i dont know how.
anyone in pune willing to help me out?
at least tell me what is wrong and if it can be salvaged?

look forward to hearing from you all.

cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a Kinetic Honda ,94 make, not sure if it's a DX or ZX ,as bought it as a used one,I currently use it in MADURAI, Tamilnadu, I recently repainted and restored it for about 10K, After that my KH had a peculiar problem of stalling with a seizure sound(Also sounds like a bearing grinding sound), during continuous running of about 15 kms at speeds like 70kms,my mechanic couldn't figure out the problem,he said the Piston the bearings are fine, maybe I didn't add enough oil(the pump also had oil and was working) next time tried a highway ride,with about 30ml of oil per 100Rs of petrol (current rate),and an extra bottle of oil,but the problem persisted,only difference is it restarted after adding little bit of oil to the tank,but it came to a complete standstill after a total of about 40 kms.had the mechanic pick up the vehicle next morning,but he said it was fine all the way for the entire 50 kms of the return journey, however after he had done a thorough check up of the vehicle,him accompanying me on another bike,I took it for a highway ride of about 30kms and it worked fine,but I still have my own doubts and still don't take it on long rides even though I love to, I have let go of my mechanic due to various reasons,and don't have too mechanics in town for Kinetic, please advise what could be the problem, what I should do and if there are any clubs/Mechanics in MADURAI for KH ,as I would love to do rides on my KH.

Top Bottom